Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

New to Vita Scene. Just got a Vita

davchun

New to Vita Scene. Just got a Vita

Post by davchun » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:45 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to the hacking scene for the Vita. I used to have a hacked 2000 about 5 to 6 years ago for about 1 year, then didn't pay any attention to anything about PSP's until now. I just got a PS Vita with 3.01 Firmware installed.
I just want to be able to download and play some Emulators, such as S/NES, GBA, etc., and if possible play some PSP games or even Vita games. (From what I've read, I don't think either of these are possible)
I just want to know, what is the best firmware to be on. I know that it's impossible to downgrade your firmware, but I think I've read that it's possible to update to a specific firmware.
Once I'm on the "best" firmware, how can I go about hacking it? Is there anything specific I need to do/buy?
I just really want to make sure I'm well-informed before doing anything as I'd rather have a PS Vita on 3.01 instead of 3.61.
Advertising

HarmfulMushroom

Re: New to Vita Scene. Just got a Vita

Post by HarmfulMushroom » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:52 pm

davchun wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new to the hacking scene for the Vita. I used to have a hacked 2000 about 5 to 6 years ago for about 1 year, then didn't pay any attention to anything about PSP's until now. I just got a PS Vita with 3.01 Firmware installed.
I just want to be able to download and play some Emulators, such as S/NES, GBA, etc., and if possible play some PSP games or even Vita games. (From what I've read, I don't think either of these are possible)
I just want to know, what is the best firmware to be on. I know that it's impossible to downgrade your firmware, but I think I've read that it's possible to update to a specific firmware.
Once I'm on the "best" firmware, how can I go about hacking it? Is there anything specific I need to do/buy?
I just really want to make sure I'm well-informed before doing anything as I'd rather have a PS Vita on 3.01 instead of 3.61.
Welcome! Happy reading: http://wololo.net/vita-cfw4dummies/

That explains most things as well as provides links to software you're looking for.
Advertising

lawthugg

Re: New to Vita Scene. Just got a Vita

Post by lawthugg » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:08 pm

That guide is great. If you want the full hacking experience on the vita update to 3.60. Other wise 3.61 will let you install vhbl and some custom bubbles for emus and homebrew.
I personally would go with 3.60 as its a much easier route.

Happy gaming
Co-designer of PSP U.P.M.S.
It's been a while, i shouldn't have left you.

Return to “Homebrews”