Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Emulators for the Vita that the PSP didn't have?

myth

Emulators for the Vita that the PSP didn't have?

Post by myth »

Are there any emulators that the psp didn't have that the vita does have? Are there newer versions that have much better compadibility over the older psp versions?

I'm thinking about buying a vita for a emulator portable, but my PGP go is much smaller and doesn't seem to be lacking anything emulation wise vs the vita, but I would have assumed that the vita would have had better emulators?
Advertising
luck

Re: Emulators for the Vita that the PSP didn't have?

Post by luck »

nope

they could have much better compatibility and speed but the psvita lacks devs, so actually your psp is the best machine
Advertising
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

There actually are emulators specific to the Vita. How they perform compared to their PSP counterparts though, I cannot really say.

Full list of native Vita Emulators here:
http://wololo.net/emulators-for-the-ps-vita/

You'll need a vita that runs rejuvenate, so that means firmware 3.51 or below.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

Well the Vita has a bunch of Retroarch cores that the PSP doesn't have, for example the FBAlpha core. I just managed to play Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike on it but it doesn't run full speed even on the Vita. I'd say it ran at about 20fps or so and the sound was also stuttering. Quite disappointing considering that it runs full speed on my NVidia Shield Portable and on my Ouya.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

rsn8887 wrote:Well the Vita has a bunch of Retroarch cores that the PSP doesn't have, for example the FBAlpha core. I just managed to play Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike on it but it doesn't run full speed even on the Vita. I'd say it ran at about 20fps or so and the sound was also stuttering. Quite disappointing considering that it runs full speed on my NVidia Shield Portable and on my Ouya.
This was posted before retroarch was a thing on the Vita, Heck before HENkaku was even known.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Homebrews”