Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Vita Video Player?

Xilence

Vita Video Player?

Post by Xilence »

Has anyone made a video player for the Vita yet? Only being able to play .mp4 files is inconvenient. I'd like to watch anime, but most of my anime is in .mkv files lol. I just don't want to convert the files :)
Advertising
Capybaras are the best animal in the world.
HarmfulMushroom

Re: Vita Video Player?

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

Xilence wrote:Has anyone made a video player for the Vita yet? Only being able to play .mp4 files is inconvenient. I'd like to watch anime, but most of my anime is in .mkv files lol. I just don't want to convert the files :)
I may have thought that this sounded like a good idea at one point but now I can't really understand it. You could buy a really cheap android tablet with decent specs for anime streaming, why not just do that?

But to answer your question, unless something changed in the last month there is no media player homebrew for Vita. Yet at least.
Advertising
Xilence

Re: Vita Video Player?

Post by Xilence »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:
I may have thought that this sounded like a good idea at one point but now I can't really understand it. You could buy a really cheap android tablet with decent specs for anime streaming, why not just do that?

But to answer your question, unless something changed in the last month there is no media player homebrew for Vita. Yet at least.
I do have a tablet thats perfect for anime. In fact, I usually use it to stream anime, while I download anime to watch later with my laptop. I was just curious as I've been away from following the scene and saw all the Rejuvenate stuff.

Edit: Thanks for answering the question!
Capybaras are the best animal in the world.

Return to “Homebrews”