Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

base game compatibility

Mrgreezy3

Re: base game compatibility

Post by Mrgreezy3 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:22 am

updated my first post on page 1 for compatibility with Uno (usa) as base game
Advertising

dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:37 am

edukarlo wrote:
jhuebert95 wrote:Base Game: Talkman Travel Tokyo

Final Fantasy Type-0 - WORKING
Persona 3 Portable - WORKING
PSP FILER - WORKING
VitaFTP - WORKING
TN-V Bubble - WORKING
VHBL Bubble - WORKING
Wow.. now i'm sad.. am I the only one here who can't make FTP anf PSP Filer work? (for Talkman Travel as base)
Homebrew can only be signed with fake_np, so if your using sign_np it won't work.
Advertising
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

xfullmetal17

Post by xfullmetal17 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:52 am

The issue with my export is that the "patched" EBOOT.BIN file is 1KB larger than the original, which messes with the positions when I re-import the positions file and then export the ISO.

edit: did an offset by 1 for everything following EBOOT.BIN in the LBA file to account for that fact, we'll see what happens as a result... Very bad idea, the PSP hangs indefinitely until I force it off.
Always follow *all* steps of the friendly tutorial. They aren't there just as 'guidelines.'

jhuebert95

Post by jhuebert95 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:34 am

Man that sucks! I wish I could figure out why it's just this game that's not working... It must be something in the patch because the unpatched japanese iso runs fine with literally any base game (from what ive heard anyway). Does anybody think it's just really picky about base games?
jhuebert95
Black PSP 1001 - 6.60 ME-2 & 6.60 PRO-C2
Black PS Vita 1001- 3.60 w/ HENkaku
Black PS3 CECH-4001C - Latest OFW

NiMR0D9TIN85

Post by NiMR0D9TIN85 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:47 am

my base game is BetaBlock EU and all of my ISO games from USA is not compatible so i downloaded EU games and it all works, Kingdom Hearts BBS , Tekken 6 , Disgaea 1 & 2 , God Of War Chains Of Olympus / Ghost of Sparta , Dissida Deudecim , Lord Of Arcana , BlazBlue Continuum Shift II , Motor Storm Artic Edge ,Manhunt 2 ,Monster Hunter Freedom Unite , Crisis Core i think all games will work as long as your base game and your ISO games have the same region,. the only games i couldn't run is FF-Type-0 mabye because its japanes, i tried it with Cubix it didn't work also.

Mrgreezy3

Post by Mrgreezy3 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:42 am

NiMR0D9TIN85 wrote:my base game is BetaBlock EU and all of my ISO games from USA is not compatible so i downloaded EU games and it all works, Kingdom Hearts BBS , Tekken 6 , Disgaea 1 & 2 , God Of War Chains Of Olympus / Ghost of Sparta , Dissida Deudecim , Lord Of Arcana , BlazBlue Continuum Shift II , Motor Storm Artic Edge ,Manhunt 2 ,Monster Hunter Freedom Unite , Crisis Core i think all games will work as long as your base game and your ISO games have the same region,. the only games i couldn't run is FF-Type-0 mabye because its japanes, i tried it with Cubix it didn't work also.
this is not true i have eur games and us and japanese games and they ALL work and as for FF Type 0 try using my eboot.bin from the first post i made on page one and rebuild the iso then try should work if not i dont know what to tell u

NiMR0D9TIN85

Post by NiMR0D9TIN85 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:31 pm

Mrgreezy3 wrote:
NiMR0D9TIN85 wrote:my base game is BetaBlock EU and all of my ISO games from USA is not compatible so i downloaded EU games and it all works, Kingdom Hearts BBS , Tekken 6 , Disgaea 1 & 2 , God Of War Chains Of Olympus / Ghost of Sparta , Dissida Deudecim , Lord Of Arcana , BlazBlue Continuum Shift II , Motor Storm Artic Edge ,Manhunt 2 ,Monster Hunter Freedom Unite , Crisis Core i think all games will work as long as your base game and your ISO games have the same region,. the only games i couldn't run is FF-Type-0 mabye because its japanes, i tried it with Cubix it didn't work also.
this is not true i have eur games and us and japanese games and they ALL work and as for FF Type 0 try using my eboot.bin from the first post i made on page one and rebuild the iso then try should work if not i dont know what to tell u
I dont know why my US games wont run on BetaBlock EU and Cubix, i didnt say i was correct or right that's why i said "I THINK" , because from my side all my EU games runs ok on my BetaBlock EU ,i clone my BetaBlock 17 times already, and all of the games i tried running where EU,. I will try your eboot.bin , and comment if i manage to run it.

squall_789

Post by squall_789 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:27 pm

Could we possibly try to turn this into a proper list, where people post to update, but the posts are all compiled into a single list in the first post for example?

I'd like to add the following 2.

NUMBLAST EU works as the base game for Popolocrois NA

THE IMPOSSIBLE GAME does *not* work as a basegame for Popolocrois NA. Simply opens, goes black, closes a minute later (I assume thats what happens when things dislike eachother).

xfullmetal17

Post by xfullmetal17 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:31 am

Next batch of games...

All using Cubixx as a base (this game seems to be the god-tier of basegames)
Final Fantasy I (US)
Final Fantasy II (US)
Final Fantasy III (JP)
Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (EU)
All working, although Final Fantasy III is following the US control scheme (X for select, O for back), despite what shows up on-screen. Doesn't seem to hinder playability at all, but still *grumbles about no controller config for PSP games*
Random rumblings here... Perhaps the control scheme is dictated by how the basegame handles it? (whether it's hardcoded or uses the regional settings)

Weird thing about FFIII is the controls are correct if I run the UMD on my PSP, unless the PSP handles control schemes differently.
Turns out that was just because I'd done the O/X swap on my PSP, never mind...
Last edited by xfullmetal17 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Always follow *all* steps of the friendly tutorial. They aren't there just as 'guidelines.'

NiMR0D9TIN85

Post by NiMR0D9TIN85 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:29 am

BaseGame : BetaBlock [EU]

Crisis Core : FInal Fantasy VII [EU]
God Of War : Chains of Olympus EU
God Of War : Ghost of Sparta EU
Disgaea : Afternoon of Darkness EU
Disgaea 2 : Dark Hero Days EU
Dante's Inferno EU
BlazBlue : Continuum Shift II EU
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep EU
Final Fantasy Tactics : War of The Lions EU
Manhunt 2 EU
Lord of Arcana EU
Silent Hill Origin EU
Metal Gear : Peace Walker EU
Tekken 6 EU
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth EU
GTA Vice City Stories EU
Motor Storm Arctic Edge EU
Tony Hawk Project 8 EU
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite EU

and last night i tried The 3rd Birthday EU and it run also on BetaBlock EU.

I will post a video maybe. about all the game i manage to run on BetaBlock EU.

Return to “Homebrews”