Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Maintaining a working CMA for your lower firmware PS Vita

The Z
VIP

Maintaining a working CMA for your lower firmware PS Vita

Post by The Z »

Since there were a lot of threads, which had to do with non-working CMAs at your PC, I thought I will make a short thread to help you guys.

The first things we need are the correct SonyCMA, the correct OpenCMA and your PS Vita!

If you happen to use a Mac or Linux, be sure to use Codestations QCMA, the superior Content Manager for all operating systems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check the firmware your PS Vita is currently running, and then download the fitting Sony CMA (All downloads are available via Zload.net):

- For firmwares 1.5x
- For firmwares 1.6x
- For firmwares 1.8x
- For firmwares 2.0x
- For firmwares 2.1x
- For firmwares 2.5x/2.6x
- For firmwares 3.0x
- For firmwares 3.1x/3.2x
- For firmwares 3.3x
- For firmwares 3.5x

Next we need the right OpenCMA for your Sony CMA (All downloads are available via Zload.net):

- OpenCMA r2 for firmwares 1.5x
- OpenCMA r3 for firmwares 1.6x
- OpenCMA r4 for firmwares 1.8x
- OpenCMA r5 for firmwares 2.0x - 3.3x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the next part, be sure that you've installed the Sony CMA and the OpenCMA as it should be.

- Install the Sony CMA (shouldn't be too hard).
- Go to the direction where it is installed (default should be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Content Manager Assistant\ )
- Now drag and drop all the OpenCMA files into the folder of the Sony CMA.
- Right-click the run.bat and run it as administrator.
- After it finished the patching of the Sony CMA, restart the Sony CMA.

The CMA is now correctly installed. The last step, which could mess things up, is the PS Vita itself.

- Check the Vita firmware one more time, it has to be matching your Sony CMA and OpenCMAs firmware compatibility.
- Enable the Airplane mode.
- Disable Wifi.
- Fully reboot the PS Vita.

This is basically it.

- You've to use a fitting Sony CMA and OpenCMA for your PS Vitas current firmware.
- Your PS Vita has to have no internet connectivity (use airplane mode AND disable Wifi!).
- Be sure that you've rebooted your PS Vita AFTER enabling airplane mode & disabling Wifi.
Advertising
Last edited by The Z on Thu May 14, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
decept

Re: Maintaining a working CMA for your lower firmware PS Vit

Post by decept »

Thanks for the write-up Z. As stated in another thread, mismatched CMA's were the reason the Vita kept asking to update.

A reinstall of the correct versions cleared it up.

I'm sure this will help others as well.
Advertising
PspJunkie

Post by PspJunkie »

Nice post Z. Should be a sticky. :D
MadZiontist

Post by MadZiontist »

PspJunkie wrote:Nice post Z. Should be a sticky. :D
Word. Even though it's not necessary, whenever I reinstall OpenCMA, I use an advanced uninstaller (such as Revo) to clear out all the leftover registry file traces. Nothing beats a clean install, and it seems as though (sometimes) when I don't use it before reinstalling I can tend to have issues. Again not necessary, but I figure why not use the advanced uninstaller.
PSP Star Wars 2001 TA-085v1 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3
PSV 1001 3G 64GB 3.60 HENkaku Enso
PSTV 64GB
420Mac

Post by 420Mac »

Nice was about to copy some games over to TN-V and got the update message :(

Just enabled Airplane Mode and reset the Vita and Success!!!

THX Again Budd
SoulPleumz

Post by SoulPleumz »

Thanks a lot man
I know you would read

[spoiler]Image
***********Getting a new HDD***********[/spoiler]
meleeboy

Post by meleeboy »

Hey guys! I tried following these steps and It's the same. Windows 7 doesn't recognize the PS Vita and doesn't ask me to update the firmware. I don't know what to do.... Please! I need somebody help! :|
Raz45

Post by Raz45 »

meleeboy wrote:Hey guys! I tried following these steps and It's the same. Windows 7 doesn't recognize the PS Vita and doesn't ask me to update the firmware. I don't know what to do.... Please! I need somebody help! :|
Same here! :cry:

I tried all these steps and it says it "cant connect to pc".

I have fw 3.01
shanamaigo

Post by shanamaigo »

Thank you so much for this, it's been so long since I touched my vita and after coming back it turns out I was blocked out of CMA for not updating. :( But now it's fine! :lol:
Good Morning
shanamaigo

Post by shanamaigo »

Raz45 wrote:
meleeboy wrote:Hey guys! I tried following these steps and It's the same. Windows 7 doesn't recognize the PS Vita and doesn't ask me to update the firmware. I don't know what to do.... Please! I need somebody help! :|
Same here! :cry:

I tried all these steps and it says it "cant connect to pc".

I have fw 3.01
Are your drivers correctly installed for the vita, I remember my vita wouldn't even connect to my Ultrabook or Desktop without automatically installing the necessary drivers. Try removing all the installed drivers relating to the Ps Vita and then replug your Vita and your computer should prompt you to install missing drivers.
Good Morning

Return to “Homebrews”