Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Fieldrunners (US) How to get this on the Vita?

The Z
VIP

Re: Fieldrunners (US) How to get this on the Vita?

Post by The Z »

Netrix wrote:
xPreatorianx wrote:
Netrix wrote:It seems like Sony has fixed the Charles Proxy workaround for this version. I can't get it to work and I did everything exactly the way it's supposed to be done. It just keeps saying I need to update even though it says I have the latest version (due to the proxy).
No they haven't. Still works here dude. Just don't have the money right now to grab Field runners. So hopefully it's still working by tomorrow at 6am.
It's probably because I'm on firmware 2.60.
You have to be at 2.61
Advertising
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
AnimeGirl2013

Post by AnimeGirl2013 »

megaman781 wrote:im not sure what your problem is mine worked just fine. It seems it is not possible using the CMA-ps3 trick, but i got it with Charles, here is what i did:

*start Charles, start new session, click Help on the top part and click "local ip address", make note of that IP.
*on your Vita connect to your Wifi and click on it to change some settings, go to Advanced settings, scroll down to where it says Address and input the IP address you got from Charles, on Port type 8888, go down and press ok.
*Now go back to Vita Settings, system update, update using Wifi, youll see something come up on Charles on the left plane, right click on it and "Save All" to desktop.
* Go to the file you saved on you desktop and open it with notepad or something like that, scroll to the right and everytime it reads "3.00" just change it to whatever your actual firmware is, example. 2.61. Once you are done with that save the file and exit. Go back to charles.
* On the left pane once again right click on the "http://fus01..." and go all the way to the bottom where it says "Map Local" click on it then click on Choose and look for the File you saves earlier to you desktop, click ok.
* On the vita go back to settings then press Update and try to update through Wifi, if everything is fine it should tell you, you have the latest Firmware :) good luck!
Works great for me on charles proxy on my 2.61 firmware I can now watch netflix on my sons psvita and mine without having to update thanks Megaman781 for your help :D
Advertising
Netrix

Post by Netrix »

The Z wrote:
Netrix wrote:
xPreatorianx wrote:No they haven't. Still works here dude. Just don't have the money right now to grab Field runners. So hopefully it's still working by tomorrow at 6am.
It's probably because I'm on firmware 2.60.
You have to be at 2.61
Yeah, sorry, I made a mistake. I skipped 2.61 because the exploit was only available for Japan PSN and forgot it was compulsory since it was such a minor update. In addition, the instructions said to change the version to "whatever your actual firmware is" which seemed to imply that something other than 2.61 could work.

I'll just stay with 2.60 since I have VHBL with the Arcade Pool exploit.
lwl

Post by lwl »

ok, same problem here with fw < 2.0 ... is that means I have to upgrade my fw at least 2.61 for available of PSN access with charles proxy, currently ? :?:
Black PSP2000 SLIM 6.60 Pro-C2
Black PSP3000 6.60 Pro-C2
Black PSV1000 2.61(FR) TN-V4
RenegadeKid

Post by RenegadeKid »

lwl wrote:ok, same problem here with fw < 2.0 ... is that means I have to upgrade my fw at least 2.61 for available of PSN access with charles proxy, currently ? :?:
Yes, so I believe you have to wait for another exploit on 3.00. I think you can't update to 2.61, if you update, it will update to 3.00

Someone else could confirm this.

(sorry for my bad english, I'm no a native speaker).
Paulo1105

Post by Paulo1105 »

RenegadeKid wrote:Yes, so I believe you have to wait for another exploit on 3.00. I think you can't update to 2.61, if you update, it will update to 3.00

I won't confirm this ;-)
By following the tutorial on this page, I think you can actually update to any firmware, and not just the last one (3.00, as today) :
http://wololo.net/2013/04/17/lower-ps-v ... r-dummies/
afabledhero

Post by afabledhero »

I am on windows 8

I get Error (c2 - 13935 - 1) when doing connection test. Looking at Charles and I'm not getting any prompt to accept anything.

When I try to System update says please wait for a long time then couldn't connect to the internet (nw - 10743 - 5). Still no prompt to accept anything
Tried restarting everything and opening Charles before connecting to the internet of vita, same results

Id really like some help here
lwl

Post by lwl »

RenegadeKid wrote:
lwl wrote:ok, same problem here with fw < 2.0 ... is that means I have to upgrade my fw at least 2.61 for available of PSN access with charles proxy, currently ? :?:
Yes, so I believe you have to wait for another exploit on 3.00. I think you can't update to 2.61, if you update, it will update to 3.00

(sorry for my bad english, I'm no a native speaker).
No, I could upgrade 2.61 with success, according to this Post (from The Z) viewtopic.php?f=52&t=23013

but, today I found it failed to access US store through CharlesProxy 3.8.3, it always notify me upgrade even though I already put the modified XML
Black PSP2000 SLIM 6.60 Pro-C2
Black PSP3000 6.60 Pro-C2
Black PSV1000 2.61(FR) TN-V4

Return to “Homebrews”