Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Fieldrunners (US) How to get this on the Vita?

airkingbr

Re: Fieldrunners (US) How to get this on the Vita?

Post by airkingbr »

The problem is.. you need copy 138 files to FRvHBL and overwrite.
in the NPUZ00014 folder you dont change nothing.
Advertising
Paulo1105

Post by Paulo1105 »

airkingbr wrote:anyone have success on run snes roms?
every rom i tried still on black screen.
Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart & Chrono Trigger works fine with SNES9xTYL 0.4.2 on 2.61 FieldRunners exploit.
Advertising
duroe1

Post by duroe1 »

SeongGino wrote:
megaman781 wrote:im not sure what your problem is mine worked just fine. It seems it is not possible using the CMA-ps3 trick, but i got it with Charles, here is what i did:

*start Charles, start new session, click Help on the top part and click "local ip address", make note of that IP.
*on your Vita connect to your Wifi and click on it to change some settings, go to Advanced settings, scroll down to where it says Address and input the IP address you got from Charles, on Port type 8888, go down and press ok.
*Now go back to Vita Settings, system update, update using Wifi, youll see something come up on Charles on the left plane, right click on it and "Save All" to desktop.
* Go to the file you saved on you desktop and open it with notepad or something like that, scroll to the right and everytime it reads "3.00" just change it to whatever your actual firmware is, example. 2.61. Once you are done with that save the file and exit. Go back to charles.
* On the left pane once again right click on the "http://fus01..." and go all the way to the bottom where it says "Map Local" click on it then click on Choose and look for the File you saves earlier to you desktop, click ok.
* On the vita go back to settings then press Update and try to update through Wifi, if everything is fine it should tell you, you have the latest Firmware :) good luck!
Actually, this may just be what I need. :D I will report back with results.

SUCCESS!! Thanks again guys, you are great, like I remember!
Hopefully I can make some kind of compatibility list for this exploit.
Where did you get the Charles Proxy app? Is it free or shareware?
Paulo1105

Post by Paulo1105 »

Google, sir... Google...
http://www.charlesproxy.com/download/ (It's a free trial)
Netrix

Post by Netrix »

It seems like Sony has fixed the Charles Proxy workaround for this version. I can't get it to work and I did everything exactly the way it's supposed to be done. It just keeps saying I need to update even though it says I have the latest version (due to the proxy).

EDIT: It's obvious to me now, but the instructions should probably mention that this trick will not work on any firmware before 2.61...
Last edited by Netrix on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xPreatorianx

Post by xPreatorianx »

Netrix wrote:It seems like Sony has fixed the Charles Proxy workaround for this version. I can't get it to work and I did everything exactly the way it's supposed to be done. It just keeps saying I need to update even though it says I have the latest version (due to the proxy).
No they haven't. Still works here dude. Just don't have the money right now to grab Field runners. So hopefully it's still working by tomorrow at 6am.
afabledhero

Post by afabledhero »

Vita is not connecting to anything after I do the proxy step.

I went to help > local ip

Copied the 192.168 address

Went on vita > my wifi network > advanced settings > entered the 192.168 address/entered 8888 for port.

When i try to do the system update part it says it can't connect to the internet and nothing pops up on Charles
xPreatorianx

Post by xPreatorianx »

afabledhero wrote:Vita is not connecting to anything after I do the proxy step.

I went to help > local ip

Copied the 192.168 address

Went on vita > my wifi network > advanced settings > entered the 192.168 address/entered 8888 for port.

When i try to do the system update part it says it can't connect to the internet and nothing pops up on Charles
Set your IP on advanced settings to your usual Vita IP. For the proxy IP set the one on your computer from charles. Then of course the port.

So say if your usual Vita IP is 192.168.1.2. Set that for IP address. Enter in subnet mask, DNS, etc. Then enable proxy - Set that to what charles says under local IP. So for example mine is 192.168.1.3. That's what I put in the proxy section. Then 8888 for port. After that just fix the XML and your good. Charles still works as of 10:13PM EST. So just a few minutes ago it still worked.

Oh and do a connection test just to make sure your still internet capable. It will still give an error in small letters saying you need a system update. But when you actually try PSN - it will let you connect.
Netrix

Post by Netrix »

xPreatorianx wrote:
Netrix wrote:It seems like Sony has fixed the Charles Proxy workaround for this version. I can't get it to work and I did everything exactly the way it's supposed to be done. It just keeps saying I need to update even though it says I have the latest version (due to the proxy).
No they haven't. Still works here dude. Just don't have the money right now to grab Field runners. So hopefully it's still working by tomorrow at 6am.
It's probably because I'm on firmware 2.60.
deathhell

Post by deathhell »

megaman781 wrote:* On the left pane once again right click on the "http://fus01..." and go all the way to the bottom where it says "Map Local" click on it then click on Choose and look for the File you saves earlier to you desktop, click ok.
* On the vita go back to settings then press Update and try to update through Wifi, if everything is fine it should tell you, you have the latest Firmware :) good luck!
i have a question, will this procedure update your vita to the latest OFW or its only temporarily?

cuz my cuzsin bought GTA libiery city and i want to pass to my vita and i get a c0-13780-9 error (coundnt copy some content items)

Return to “Homebrews”