Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

jringo718

Re: 2.05 and PSASBR DLC pushed back to Feb...conspiracy?

Post by jringo718 »

Yep, almost in the same exact position as you. I had MBA and saw no reason to update and get UNO other than that the DLCs were coming in January. I just knew they would throw in an update right before the release though, instead they just pushed it back.

Oh well, I don't have a PS3 and I didn't even get a single chance to try out the UNO hack because of work and stuff. I wish there was a PC version of the PSN store. I don't care when I get access to them again, but I'd still like to grab them while they're free.

BTW, last update I left the PSN app open indefinitely and it let me us the PSN store till mid-December, when my Vita finally crashed after being on for two months. This time, almost immediately it threw me out. They're getting smarter, lol.
Advertising
man_of_power05

Post by man_of_power05 »

steven_pat16 wrote:Yeah, but I'm guessing allowing the Vita to be freely hacked even if it's just the PSP Emulator sends the wrong signal to third party developers which was kind of the reason the DS didn't have much third party support nearing the end of its cycle because of rampant piracy.

Hmmm...
The DS saw the release of 2 pokemon gens and the Golden Sun 3 and another 2k-ish games (even if you consider half of it trash,the other half is still quite a big number)...I think it was about time to start dying.[/quote]

True, but look at the 3DS and PS Vita now? Especially on the 3DS there is very little 3rd party support, a majority of their current games are made by Nintendo. Similarly, the Vita has a very small game library so I do think the way DS and PSP was treated had an effect on the willingness of developers to develop games for the portable consoles.[/quote]

wow that is so not true. even toward the end of ds and psp and even with vita and 3ds, plenty of 3rd parties are making games for them, including major developers.

vita:
ubisoft (assassin's creed liberation)
naughty dog (uncharted golden abyss)
atlus (persona 4 golden)
square enix (its sure to come something final fantasy related, also ff10 hd)
insomniac (i think they're the ones who make resistance?)
i'm sure god of war vita is gonna come sometime in the future
and that's all the big companies i know of. sure there's more. i'm not mentioning call of duty black ops declasified because its obvious they didn't try with that game

3ds:
i donno all the companies who develop all these so i'll just name franchizes

final fantasy
scriblenaughts
monster hunter
kingdom hearts
metal gear solid
i'm sure there are plenty others

not exactly first party games only on either side. besides, i don't think piracy had as much of an influence of handheld games as you think. ds, like wii, had an overabundance of bloatware and that certainly hurt the system. i donno what the deal with psp was but obviously some of the bigger companies supported psp until the end there

near the end of the psp there was kingdom hearts birth by sleep, final fantasy 4 complete, final fantasy type 0 (even if it is japan only), metal gear solid peace walker.

of course piracy isn't about playing free games. its about service. if you have poor service or poor games, that game is going to be pirated more simply because pirates get better value by pirating a game than paying $40+ for a game (which are very rarely worth the price, no matter what game it is.) games are incredibly overpriced. You can argue that "oh games were actually more expensive back in the day of nes or snes." wasn't worth it then and it isn't worth it now.

want proof that piracy is about service and the sense of getting value for what you pay for? lets look at the first example:

do you guys remember back in 2008 the game Spore, published by ea? it was known that there was a very intrusive rootkit installed called SecuROM. first of all it only allowed 3 installs, something that causes major contrevercy for pc gaming. i call it a rootkit instead of DRM because it was a rootkit. it opened your pc to risks of viruses and other things. ea also completely attempted to hide the fact that they included that rootkit with the game, something that completely misleads the customer (oh and btw that's pretty much impossible to do anymore anyways)

anyways...spore was quickly cracked as a result and became the most pirated game of 2008. coincidence?

there are other examples of terrible service leading to piracy. next lets look at pricing of games?

psp games were always $40 at launch with little to no exceptions
3ds games were always $30-$35 at launch with little to no exceptions

vita and 3ds games are around the same price, something i'm actually suprised with but that's not the point. the point is are the games worth that much in terms of content and quality? few if any are worth that much. that's the reason for large scale piracy of those systems. high prices for games and getting little or no sense of value from your purchases. there's not that many times that i get a game at full price or close to full price that i find that i got the best value for it.

another example is this: everyone says pc games are always pirated like *** and yet digital services like steam are popular. why is that? service for one, no intrusive DRM, no restrictions on the amount of computers you can play your games on, nothing like that. just imput an activation code or buy the game online and it is forever linked to your account and you can play them on any number of computers you want. what's better is that steam is supported by pc, mac, and linux support is getting better and better.

price is the second reason steam is so popular. games are always sold at full retail price, yes. but there are constantly good sales on a large number of games on steam. some people wait until a game they want to buy goes on sale, and they don't have to wait long most times, especially if its a vavle game.

seems the big 3 (sony, microsoft, nintendo) have seen how well steam is so they're doing digital games too. problem is they're only seeing the sale numbers and not the reason for the sales of games on steam. no intrusive DRM (meaning no online pass sony, or no restictions on the number of systems you can play games on all three of you), and constant great sales on great games (all three are also guily of being stingy with pricing too)

and companies wonder why piracy on handhelds is so high....

btw piracy on wii was high. piracy on 360 is high. piracy on ps2 is high. not quite high on ps3 yet. no matter what system you're on, people are gonna pirate. and i'm not gonna just deny that some people pirate to get free stuff because that would be a lie. but to say that is the main reason or even the only reason for piracy is a lie.

i might have gone a little off topic here but i hate it when people get the wrong idea about stuff like this. sony has the wrong idea about a psp exploit. it was completly harmless. no one could even gain access to the vita with it. it was just inside the psp emulator. sony's just afraid of homebrew. remember this is also the company who thinks all linux users are evil evil hackers....ohhh evil hackers
Advertising
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

The 3DS gets finally Pokemon version, Version X and Y.

Thats IMO a big plus for the 3DS, but i still love my Vita :)
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
Thirty3Three

Post by Thirty3Three »

Dude that's the only reason I want to update from 2.02 as well! haha! Same exact predicament man!

I have the game on both Vita + PS, physical, so I was thinking, I'd just download the DLC on my PS3, then BAM. It'd be free forever, and I can use them on my ps3- but when I eventually want to update, I'll have Kat and Emmett waiting there for me :)
xoombie503

Post by xoombie503 »

man_of_power05 wrote:
steven_pat16 wrote:Yeah, but I'm guessing allowing the Vita to be freely hacked even if it's just the PSP Emulator sends the wrong signal to third party developers which was kind of the reason the DS didn't have much third party support nearing the end of its cycle because of rampant piracy.

vita:
atlus (persona 4 golden)
and that's all the big companies i know of. sure there's more. i'm not mentioning call of duty black ops declasified because its obvious they didn't try with that game

actually. uncharted wasnt done by naughty dog, it was bend studio..the people that brought fight for fortune as well...and resistance burning skies was done by nihilistic.the same people who scr..ed up black ops vita. nihilistic ruined 2 big franchises. :evil:
man_of_power05

Post by man_of_power05 »

xoombie503 wrote:
man_of_power05 wrote:

vita:
atlus (persona 4 golden)

actually. uncharted wasnt done by naughty dog, it was bend studio..the people that brought fight for fortune as well...and resistance burning skies was done by nihilistic.the same people who scr..ed up black ops vita. nihilistic ruined 2 big franchises. :evil:
oh didn't know that about uncharted. certainly seems like a console uncharted game. and what a perfect name for a company that ruins 2 big franchizes. well i haven't heard about resistance being bad too. i'm guessing it is?
PCMGR

Post by PCMGR »

Thirty3Three wrote:Dude that's the only reason I want to update from 2.02 as well! haha! Same exact predicament man!

I have the game on both Vita + PS, physical, so I was thinking, I'd just download the DLC on my PS3, then BAM. It'd be free forever, and I can use them on my ps3- but when I eventually want to update, I'll have Kat and Emmett waiting there for me :)
But you can use Charles to connect to psn (for now at least :lol: )

Anyway...
Even if time has passed,I believe it is still early to judge any of these systems,(Crisis Core came mid-life of the psp iirc).
What do I have:
[spoiler]Nothing to lose.[/spoiler]
wolframio

Post by wolframio »

the dev of PSABR free some money kicking out some workers, that why the DLC is delayed.

Return to “Homebrews”