Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Vita Help Desk

fudgenuts64

Re: The PS Vita Help Desk

Post by fudgenuts64 »

OK, I've gotten ARK menu running on my Vita using the Hot Brain exploit. However, so far homebrew compatibility has been very hit or miss. Nester and SNES9X TYL both work fine, Picodrive and PCEP both freeze upon booting. I encountered similar behavior with other loaders. Additionally, some apps I've copied over appear as corrupted on the Vita manager, and while on the memory card will cause ARK menu to not load properly. Really not sure what's up with that. Any ideas?
Advertising
PS Vita PCH-1101 32GB 3.52
3DS 9.8 CFW and DSTWO flashcart.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Talic wrote:"snip"
1A) Yep but you will need a PS3 to download and transfer the game.

2A) Vita 1k/2k/TV Doesn't matter, The ePSP is the same for all of them and yes if the game is still up on PSN.
fudgenuts64 wrote:OK, I've gotten ARK menu running on my Vita using the Hot Brain exploit. However, so far homebrew compatibility has been very hit or miss. Nester and SNES9X TYL both work fine, Picodrive and PCEP both freeze upon booting. I encountered similar behavior with other loaders. Additionally, some apps I've copied over appear as corrupted on the Vita manager, and while on the memory card will cause ARK menu to not load properly. Really not sure what's up with that. Any ideas?
Make sure you are using stuff made for use with the 1k PSP's since thats what the Vita emulates, No idea about the corrupt stuff. :/
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Talic

Post by Talic »

fate6 wrote:
Talic wrote:"snip"
1A) Yep but you will need a PS3 to download and transfer the game.

2A) Vita 1k/2k/TV Doesn't matter, The ePSP is the same for all of them and yes if the game is still up on PSN.
So I made some slight progress, I managed to get Hot Brain & Arcade Darts via PSN. I also got a hold of my PS3(now on latest CFW), but I need a bit more help.

• Playstation TV (3.36 OFW)
So with these two games on my PSN, It seems that both games are incompatible with the PSTV. I can't even download Arcade Darts, while Hot Brain will download to the dashboard, but it won't launch & tells me "This application cannot be used with this system." So with all this in account, is there any way to get these recent exploits on the Playstation TV? If not, is there any other possible way I can hack my PSTV at this moment?

• Playstation Vita PCH-1000 (3.01 OFW)
I'm having trouble transferring either game from my PS3 to the Vita without it asking me to update the Vita. Is there a working bypass? Also, I don't have my PSN account linked to this Vita console as it's never been online. Will this cause any more trouble? Lastly; With a 3.01 Vita, are my only options between these two games? Would either of these games' exploits even work on my 3.01? I just need reassurance that I'm not on a wild-goose chase here, cause I haven't seen any confirmation of these exploits being used on any other OFW than 3.36.

Once again, help is greatly appreciated!

Edit: And now both games are GONE from PSN!
Looks like Sony finally pulled them down. Fortunatley I have Hot Brain backed up on my PC thru my Playstation TV, but I still don't know if that'll do any good (I hope i didn't waste my time & money).
JMQMOfficials

Post by JMQMOfficials »

I don't believe there is a bypass for firmware upgrade.

There are ways to hack the PS TV, it's through exploits. It just seems that these two didn't work for your device.

You didn't waste your money. The PS TV and PS Vita should be capable of transferring games within one another through Open CMA.
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=32728

If I have made any mistakes, I sorry :{
jcgarcia011

Post by jcgarcia011 »

1. Can some post a link to a tut on how to install psp filer on ARK eCFW. Can't seem to find one or give me a walkthrough.

2. 3.36(ARK eCFW)
JMQMOfficials

Post by JMQMOfficials »

jcgarcia011 wrote:1. Can some post a link to a tut on how to install psp filer on ARK eCFW. Can't seem to find one or give me a walkthrough.

2. 3.36(ARK eCFW)
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=41034
Just install PSP Filer as usual.
mangosteam

Post by mangosteam »

1. How to reactivate ps vita on firmware 3.18 without using ps3? its already linked
2.3.18 fw
"if you think your playing to much play more and more more more!"
miamihara

Post by miamihara »

hello!
i have a small question. I know i can download psp games from a ps3 and then transfer them to the ps vita but... how bout ps vita games? can i download a ps vita game with the ps3 and then transfer it to my ps vita and install it? (im in 3.18 firmware... but i really wanna buy danganronpa)
JMQMOfficials

Post by JMQMOfficials »

miamihara wrote:hello!
i have a small question. I know i can download psp games from a ps3 and then transfer them to the ps vita but... how bout ps vita games? can i download a ps vita game with the ps3 and then transfer it to my ps vita and install it? (im in 3.18 firmware... but i really wanna buy danganronpa)
Should've searched google first:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-p ... a/68664809
Namana

Post by Namana »

Hey guys! So about few days ago I wasn't able to sign in to PSN (Before that I could). The internet works perfectly, I check it using the internet browser and it loaded everything perfectly fine. But when I am trying to connect to PSN it gives me this error "A connection error has occured. (80435061)" Does anyone know what's the problem here?

I have PS Vita 2.02 (UNO) on 6.60 TN-V10.
PSVita Information
Color: Crystal Black
Model: PCH-1008
OFW: 3.36 (PS Vita [1])
eCFW: 2.02 [6.60 TN-V10] (PS Vita [2])
PSP Information
Color: Black
Model: 2001
Generation: 02g
Motherboard: TA-088 v1/v2
CFW: 6.60 PRO/ME
PSN: Namana_1806