Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Vita Help Desk

choceps

Re: The PS Vita Help Desk

Post by choceps »

windmark wrote:From what I understood, as long as you buy the game before it get removed from the store you are good to go. Even more, on 3.50 you will always need the second device to do the hack, so probably that answers your question.
Great!! Thanks man!
Advertising
choceps

Post by choceps »

1) I have another question, how can I buy the exploit game and stay in 3.36? I mean, if I go to the psn store to download the game the Vita will tell me to update my firmware, right?
2) 3.36.
Advertising
helltoast

Post by helltoast »

choceps wrote:1) I have another question, how can I buy the exploit game and stay in 3.36? I mean, if I go to the psn store to download the game the Vita will tell me to update my firmware, right?
2) 3.36.
There are many ways but the simplest in my opinion is buying the game through PSStore and downloading it to your PSV, all from a PC. Make sure the wifi on your Vita is on and reboot it, the download should start automatically.

The handheld needs to be signed into your PSN account though, you can use VitaUpdateBlocker (portable Windows version) to bypass the update.
broody

Post by broody »

helltoast wrote: The handheld needs to be signed into your PSN account though, you can use VitaUpdateBlocker (portable Windows version) to bypass the update.
Thank you for the VitaUpdateBlocker tip.
helltoast

Post by helltoast »

broody wrote:
helltoast wrote:Thank you for the VitaUpdateBlocker tip.
No problem. Keep in mind that many online features such as adding funds or even downloading stuff may not work, you need to do it through a PC.

VitaUpdateBlocker is essentially just so you can sign into your account and let the download resume after starting it from your PSStore account on your PC, by clicking 'Download List > Download to your PSV'
bgoode2006

Post by bgoode2006 »

choceps wrote:1) I have another question, how can I buy the exploit game and stay in 3.36? I mean, if I go to the psn store to download the game the Vita will tell me to update my firmware, right?
2) 3.36.
Using THIS TUTORIAL I was able to log into the PSstore, buy a game and download it. I'm on 3.36 and I did this just a few hours ago
Devices:
PSP 1001 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PS Vita Slim - 3.36 OFW PHP-ARK2 Custom Bubble
PS4 - 2.50 OFW
choceps

Post by choceps »

bgoode2006 wrote:
2) 3.36.
Using THIS TUTORIAL I was able to log into the PSstore, buy a game and download it. I'm on 3.36 and I did this just a few hours ago
Perfect! Thanks man!
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

So I didn't realize "download new firmware automatically" defaulted to yes, and my Vita background-downloaded the 3.50 update. (I'm on 3.36 now.) It won't install without my approval, but it nags me whenever I start a game. Questions, if someone knows and has a minute:

(a) Is it possible to delete the update data?

(b) When Windows downloads updates, it installs them automatically on next reboot. Will the Vita do that if I can't get rid of the update?

(c) My Vita won't let me transfer anything from my PS3. I thought that was the standard workaround for getting stuff on your Vita with old firmware. Has Sony blocked that now, or is it because of that ^#@& update data?
The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

Try to restore the database of the Vita.
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Thanks, but it didn't work. Any other ideas?

Return to “Homebrews”