Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Vita Help Desk

fate6
Big Beholder

Re: The PS Vita Help Desk

Post by fate6 »

psmplus/
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
dukemagus

Post by dukemagus »

Guess i also found my "vita problem".

I'm trying to enable remote play between ps3 and vita. All settings ok and Rebug 4.75.1 have in its "fun stuff" part the following statement

"Enhanced Remote Play (This unlocks the limitation of working apps/games for remote play)"

Remote play set, all settings ok (it only allows me to chose "PS vita" to pair, unlike 3.55) and i try to load Final Fantasy XIII as an example. The PSVita gets disconnected and the ps3 stuck on a black screen.

Same with heavy rain.

So... any solution, or any other way to REALLY play any game via remote play?
Advertising
Uikri

Post by Uikri »

EDIT: Shoot, is it even possible to homebrew a PSTV? As far as I know, I can't put the system into airplane mode? Argh, I'm actually really confused. I get I need the PSM for Unity package, but to get that, I need QCMA, too, which I don't understand how to use with a PSTV. The rest of my issues are illustrated in this screencap, aside from confusion as to whether I can use my Gmail account with Thunderbird or if I need to sign up for a Thunderbird account (email@gandi.net account?). I know the guide says Gmail doesn't work, but I don't get whether that means the gmail website or just gmail accounts in general?

Can I run multiple different homebrews on my PSTV, or do I need to choose between Rejuvenate, VHBL, etc.? I'd mainly like to run emulators with the PSTV's full power, but freedom to transfer any PSP/PS1 game I want from my PS3 would also be nice. I'm on 3.20.
Uikri

Post by Uikri »

Alright, so I'm a little confused.

1) Can I use Rejuvenate on my PSTV? I don't think I can access airplane mode on a PSTV, but I may be mistaken.
2) As long as I'm using Thunderbird, can I use my Gmail account? The guide only says that Gmail doesn't work, but doesn't specify if I need to make a Thunderbird email account or if I can just link my gmail account to Thunderbird.
3) The red text on this screencap of the guide.
4) Can I use more than one homebrew on my Vita, or do I need to choose between VHBL, Rejuvenate, etc.?
5) How do I find out my "device unique identifier"?
szczuru

Post by szczuru »

Uikri wrote:Alright, so I'm a little confused.

1) Can I use Rejuvenate on my PSTV? I don't think I can access airplane mode on a PSTV, but I may be mistaken.
2) As long as I'm using Thunderbird, can I use my Gmail account? The guide only says that Gmail doesn't work, but doesn't specify if I need to make a Thunderbird email account or if I can just link my gmail account to Thunderbird.
3) The red text on this screencap of the guide.
4) Can I use more than one homebrew on my Vita, or do I need to choose between VHBL, Rejuvenate, etc.?
5) How do I find out my "device unique identifier"?
1) Try to holding PSButton on Dual Shock
2) You can use your gmail account normally. About that gmail not working it means "Gmail Web Mail" won't work (sending email to Vita from gmail's web page won't work on Vita) - you must send emails to Vita from you email account using thunderbird.
3a) Path on PC. QCMA folders (eg Documents\QCMA\Apps\PSAVEDATA\random_numers\UNITY). Check qCMA settings to know the paths.
3b) Shutdown VitaTV, connect the PS3 controller via USB, hold PS-button + R1 on it and push power button OR turn off VitaTV and hold power button for about 30 seconds.
4) For more bubbles you need two or more PSP game installed on Vita (or you can have one psp game and duplicate it) <- this is for TN-V/ARK etc, for Rejuvenate you don't need PSP game.
ColonelSeamus

Post by ColonelSeamus »

I have a question.
(am on firmware 3.51)

How do I make it so custom bubbles I've created using this guide function like the TN-V bubble I created with this guide?

Here's two screenshots showing what I'm talking about.
Notice the TempGBA bubble I created doesn't register as an actual PSP game, but the TN-V one does.
As a result, I can't access the PSP game settings when in the menu that comes up by holding the home button.

How would I go about installing my homebrew in a way that would make it work this way?
If there's a more detailed guide for something that isn't prepackaged like the TN-V bubble, I would really appreciate it if someone could link it. I couldn't find it.
billy_louco

Post by billy_louco »

Hello wololo
Firmware:3.18
Exploits: Tn-v talk travel Tokyo, PS One XS Moto
installed: PSM Dev
Vita FAT

I want to play newer PSVita games but I don't know what is the best solution for my scenario, I would like to continue to play PSP and PSOne Games
my questions are:
1. What is the current best firmware to go that are exploitable?
2. How do I upgrade?
3. Is it possible to still play PSone games with perfect emulation?
4. What I will miss?

Thanks a lot wololo
MousE0910

Post by MousE0910 »

Long time ago, I got eCFW working on my PSVita using Gravity Crash Portable and later 101-in-1 Megamix. Then I updated and bought some PSVita games to play until custom bubbles surfaced at which point I followed a tutorial to get TN-V bubble using the mail exploit. My current PSVita firmware is 3.36. However, for some reason the TN-V says it's TN-V 11 3.50, preventing me from writing to PSP/GAME. Renaming tricks don't work either.

I have Final Fantasy VIII eboot I'd like to copy over (I hope it's ok to mention this, since I do own original copy of FFVIII for PS1) but so far I've had no luck googling for ways to bypass this. I did get it working using some "ByePass" plugin I found, but it makes the game really choppy and poor performance. I somehow got Spider-Man 2 eboot on there (also for nostalgia reasons like the FFVIII) but I don't really remember how I did it. I think it was when the renaming method was working but I'm not sure. I'd also like to be able to copy over some of the cool homebrew that was made for PSP.

Unfortunately, I lost all my PSvita related files when my HDD crashed so I have only what I could copy back from the PSVita, but I think that should be enough.

Basically, what I'm asking is, is there any way to "downgrade" from TN-V11 3.50 to TN-V11 3.36 if my PSvita firmware is 3.36 or at least bypass the write block on PSP folder?

Thanks for any help or advice, I'm at my wit's end here.

EDIT: Moved this problem here
rohezal

Post by rohezal »

Firmware: 3.51
Questions: rejuvenate, ARK

After lurking and reading tutorials, I have still some questions and would like to ask them.

There is a 3.51 Vita. I would like to install rejuvenate on it:
http://wololo.net/rejuvenate-ps-vita/

After this I would love to install ARK to the vita.
http://wololo.net/vita-cfw4dummies/

Is it possible to use ARK for the Version 3.5.2 with the 3.5.1 firmware via the Mail Exploit? I would love to use ARK and rejuvenate together. Since ARK has no sound for the PS1 games, is there a way, to use TN-V on 3.5.1? Is there a release date known for a proper working sound plugin? Which game do I use best to install ARK. Can I use the PSN Store to get a game to the Vita, when I am on 3.5.1? Can I use a normal PSP cartridge to get a game on the vita installed?

And:
Since rejuvenate has to be triggered from a PC, do the rejuvenate emulator have to be triggered too? So if you would like to play your old SNES games on your PS Vita, would you have to start your pc to start the emulator? And: Is there a native n64 emulator for the ps vita? How fast is it?
Xychous

Post by Xychous »

I have what I feel is a dumb question. But it's regarding CWCheat, made me wonder how could I get a longer list of cheats, as well as what is the "Reload Cheat Database" option with The number changing box next to it do exactly. (Because it just loads empty pages.)

Return to “Homebrews”