Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS Vita Help Desk

mailboxhead

Re: [Official] Multi Help Thread

Post by mailboxhead »

ldudex wrote:I too ran into the black screen issue... from my experiences leading up to my FINALLY getting everything working, I can give a few pointers, but not sure if they will solve your issues...

- FTP files (either ISO or folder containing HB) to the memstick - \PSP\GAMES
- Replace usual hacked menu with yMenu
- Use VitaFTP as FTP server on Vita, Filezilla on PC - send files to the \PSP\GAMES folder on memstick
* Some people have complained of (lack of) speed via this approach, but seems the same for me (pretty quick) over WiFi (NOT USB)

HTH...
I was able to switch to the ymenu, and as it happens i can see the snes emulator and i am able to select it. I just don't know what to do with the roms. The emulator doesn't appear on the cma. I tried just sticking it in the save data but that didn't work.
Advertising
CURZ

Post by CURZ »

If i would sell my actual PS Vita and get a 3G, could I use the Backup of my UNO to make it homebrew ready? :)
Advertising
Yue Fairchild

Post by Yue Fairchild »

I'm an idiot and I'm sure someone can explain exactly what I did wrong.

I downloaded a bunch of emulators off the PlayStop network, put ROMs in the appropriate folders, put it into the /PSP/GAME/EMUNAME directory like I'm supposed to, then zipped it as an allcaps less than eight characters name.

When I load any of these homebrews in TN Menu 1.01, they just freeze at 0% Extracting and nothing else happens.
JMQMOfficials

Post by JMQMOfficials »

Yue Fairchild wrote:I'm an idiot and I'm sure someone can explain exactly what I did wrong.

I downloaded a bunch of emulators off the PlayStop network, put ROMs in the appropriate folders, put it into the /PSP/GAME/EMUNAME directory like I'm supposed to, then zipped it as an allcaps less than eight characters name.

When I load any of these homebrews in TN Menu 1.01, they just freeze at 0% Extracting and nothing else happens.

Give me the files and I will fix them for you. Then you can learn how to do it.

-------------------------
CURZ wrote:If i would sell my actual PS Vita and get a 3G, could I use the Backup of my UNO to make it homebrew ready? :)
Yeah . . .
Last edited by fate6 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post
Yue Fairchild

Post by Yue Fairchild »

JMQMOfficials wrote:Give me the files and I will fix them for you. Then you can learn how to do it.
I deleted the ROMs, because I'm a good girl, but besides that this is the save I import to my vita, (not as a rar, of course :P)

http://www.mediafire.com/?vmgh9dflemts9ec
mastermb2

Post by mastermb2 »

Question: How can i set something on the "root" of my "psp" on the psvita? So i don't mean the psvita, but the psp emulator build in the psvita. :D
Firmware: 2.02 CEF (UNO exploit) ^^
falseheroes

Post by falseheroes »

falseheroes wrote:
JMQMOfficials wrote:
falseheroes wrote:Hi guys,

Can someone help me transfer ISO files using UNO 2.02 Exploit? I've done it before using a Windows 7 Laptop but I can't do it again using a Windows XP Laptop. I know that i need to capitalized 8 Letters and the .ISO (ex PSPGAME.ISO)please help.

EDIT: I already unchecked the "hide extension" in my folder options
Which method are you doing?
FTP or Exploit folder transferring?
Im using the exploit folder transferring.
bump. please help. :|
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever
JMQMOfficials

Post by JMQMOfficials »

mastermb2 wrote:Question: How can i set something on the "root" of my "psp" on the psvita? So i don't mean the psvita, but the psp emulator build in the psvita. :D
Firmware: 2.02 CEF (UNO exploit) ^^
You know you're at the root when you see that 'PSP' folder courtesy of your eyeballs.

~-~-~-~-~
falseheroes wrote: bump. please help. :|
If you have the 'Hide extensions' folder checked off, make sure your exploit folder does not contain any double extensions such as : COWMILK.ZIP.zap.
This is the correct way then : COWMILK.ZIP.

If that method doesn't work, it has to do with your Vita. Go to the safe menu and go for the 'Rebuild Database'.

Now if that doesn't work, idk, ask people from another forum maybe.
falseheroes

Post by falseheroes »

falseheroes wrote: bump. please help. :|
If you have the 'Hide extensions' folder checked off, make sure your exploit folder does not contain any double extensions such as : COWMILK.ZIP.zap.
This is the correct way then : COWMILK.ZIP.

If that method doesn't work, it has to do with your Vita. Go to the safe menu and go for the 'Rebuild Database'.

Now if that doesn't work, idk, ask people from another forum maybe.[/quote]

Thank you sir. I think the problem is with the iso that I'm transferring. Other ISOs transfer well without a problem. I'll try to find another ISO with the same game and see if it will work. Thank you so much for answering to my concerns. :D
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever
dupuis2387

Post by dupuis2387 »

Hello, new to the board, question about the UNO exploit....

So i have it working beautifully (thanks devs!)....but after successfully installing the vita FTP client, i FTP over say, MYST.ISO, with the appropriate naming convention (less than 8 letters, all caps, including the file extension)...and this works (meaning, i close the ftp client, restart UNO, and see/play the ISO from the exploit menu). But if I end up FTPing multiple ISOs, say 10GB worth, into the ISO folder, then try to start UNO up, uno starts, but then the exploit no longer gets triggered and it just sits at a black screen...i can rectify this by formatting the mem card and re-installing UNO, and moving the original exploit save file over, but it seems like a pain to try and figure out which ISO is causing the issue, or if it's a the sheer number of ISOs, the filesizes, or what exactly (is there a log file the exploit writes to that can be accessed, to see wtf happened?)....it just seems like there should be a way to purge the ISO folder, if for some reason there's something in there it doesn't like, versus having to format the entire mem stick, reloading the UNO game from CMA, and re-exploiting it, reinstalling FTP client, and re-FTPing ISOs over....let me know if i need to elaborate further.

thanks in advance for any help!

Return to “Homebrews”