Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

2.0 UPDATE Hits on Nov. 19th - eCFW blocked???

mindglitch

Re: 2.0 UPDATE Hits on Nov. 19th - eCFW blocked???

Post by mindglitch »

ugh... and jet set radio for vita comes out the day after. :x :cry:

will prob stick with eCFW if transfering via charles proxy with ps3 still works.. an updated web browser doesnt really entice me. i think ive used the browser 5 times maybe and found my phone to be a better alternative. i also dont see myself using my email on this. not having netflix might suck but again, i have that just about everywhere else.

its cool to see the vita get more options and features but not when it is things im already used to accessing elsewhere.
Advertising
-always use the search function before asking and if you receive help from anyone, say thanks and remember to pay it forward.
[spoiler]#387843 by dgjg0622
Tue May 12, 2015 12:01 pm

Me too,i can't install it, i am not back up, i can't update,I want dead[/spoiler]
Binary

Post by Binary »

Plain and simply put, until I see a game that is worth as much to me as being able to play all of the homebrew/emulators available, an update for me isn't happening. And from what I've seen thus far that's available now and in the near future? It's not gonna be worth it. I'm not trash talking the device so much as the lack of those AAA titles everyone is looking forward to (whenever those may start hitting the console).
Advertising
PS Vita PCH-1101 - 2.02 FW / 8GB
ViRGE

Post by ViRGE »

rafael707 wrote:I wonder if 2.0 patches all the kxploits within the psp emu, or just CB and TN's?

Its going to be tempting not to update, especially if its the last kxploit within the sandbox
So if 2.0 patches the kxploits then it will almost certainly patch both CB's and TN's. Even without the source code to TN's, it can still be run on a debug unit and reverse engineered. There's no real hope of hiding it from Sony.

The real question is whether the kxploits will be patched at all. The userland exploits will certainly be patched using the same Vita-based mechanism that Sony has used to patch the previous ones, because that is quick and easy to do. However when it comes to the PSP emulator, Sony is kind of lazy. They haven't released a new PSP firmware since 6.60 in August of 2011, even though it was rather quickly exploited on the PSP. It is admittedly an outside chance, but if they're that unwilling to tinker with the PSP firmware at this point, we may just get to 2.0 with the kxploits intact. In which case a new userland exploit would get us back to where we are today with the TN eCFW.
DrROBschiz

Post by DrROBschiz »

Well I hope we see another release of some sorts

Having MHP3rd on my Vita is too valuable to me at the moment to give it up.

I do want to enjoy all the free content but its not that big of a deal to me
Sunny-Tech-UK

Post by Sunny-Tech-UK »

I will not be updating my Vita to 2.0 as i do not want to lose the ability to have ecfw and exploits on my Vita.

As others have said, I feel it is better to play it safe and stay on 1.81 and wait for feedback by others once 2.0 update gets released and tested by others.
romain337

Post by romain337 »

I will not update if i still can't heard my VITA's music in PSP MODE. (Thanks to the eCFW plugins!). I wanna play burnout dominator while listening NOFX!
30Wditch

Post by 30Wditch »

I will update one of my vita's; Looking forward to jet set radio 8-)
IRONCHEFion

Post by IRONCHEFion »

romain337 wrote:I will not update if i still can't heard my VITA's music in PSP MODE. (Thanks to the eCFW plugins!). I wanna play burnout dominator while listening NOFX!
How did you do it? Listening to your own music while playing a PSP game? I want to listen to my own music while I play such games like Puzzle Quest or a few casuals.
PSVita: 101-in-1 Megamix
NOW: TN-V8
romain337

Post by romain337 »

IRONCHEFion wrote:
romain337 wrote:I will not update if i still can't heard my VITA's music in PSP MODE. (Thanks to the eCFW plugins!). I wanna play burnout dominator while listening NOFX!
How did you do it? Listening to your own music while playing a PSP game? I want to listen to my own music while I play such games like Puzzle Quest or a few casuals.
Look viewtopic.php?f=56&t=16940
Music Prx v055 - Fw 3.90 M33

Also, make a folder called "MUSIC" with PSPFILLER.
Not sure, but for EU VITA, is must be at ms0:/PSP/MUSIC/

you'll be able to view your vita's music as well
IRONCHEFion

Post by IRONCHEFion »

romain337 wrote:
IRONCHEFion wrote:
Look viewtopic.php?f=56&t=16940
Music Prx v055 - Fw 3.90 M33

Also, make a folder called "MUSIC" with PSPFILLER.
Not sure, but for EU VITA, is must be at ms0:/PSP/MUSIC/

you'll be able to view your vita's music as well
Once I create the MUSIC folder, should I add songs to the folder or will my songs automatically carry over into the folder?

Edit: by the way, How do I achive both music_src and seplugins? Do I put both folder together then store and zip them?
PSVita: 101-in-1 Megamix
NOW: TN-V8

Return to “Homebrews”