Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Hot: How to earn trophies in pre-owned Vita games!!

Ahmed360

Hot: How to earn trophies in pre-owned Vita games!!

Post by Ahmed360 »

Hey Guys, Found this, for people interested in Used Games! :D

Source: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/ ... sp?c=38334

If you try and play a pre-owned PlayStation Vita game, you'll get a rather alarming message from Sony. Here's what it says:

"You cannot earn trophies in this application. Only the first player to use an application can earn trophies. To earn trophies, you must link the Sony Entertainment Network account of the first player to use this application with the PS Vita system."

At first, it sounds like a sneaky piece of digital rights management from Sony, which in one fell swoop could cut off CEX, sink eBay, and demolish the pre-owned shelf in your local GAME. Because, if you can't get shiny digital trophies in a game, what's the point in even playing?
All hope is not lost, though. It's actually quite easy to get trophy functionality back in a pre-played game, as long as you know what you're doing.

Aaaaaand here is how you do it:
-Insert used game card in Vita's slot

-Go to the main menu and hold down the screen for two seconds, until little bubbles appear on the upper-right side of each game's icon. Hit the bubble you want and click "Delete." A screen reading "All data related to this application will be deleted" will pop up. Hit "OK."

-Load the game and...voila! You can earn trophies now.
LoL, that is Awesome, I will start looking for used games now ;)

I really hope they don't patch it quickly...
Advertising
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Re: Hot: How to earn trophies in pre-owned Vita games!!

Post by Xian Nox »

Locking since, yeah, wrong place, and it's already got a duplicate here. Next time, you can ask a friendly mod (like me :mrgreen:) to move the topic for you.
Advertising

Return to “Homebrews”