Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Just thinking

jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Re: Just thinking

Post by jc_gargma »

SifJar wrote:1.50 had security measures, they were just easily bypassed by kxploit
This is all irrelevant. What was good for the 1.50 PSP does not mean it works on the PSVita, or even the PSP emulator.
And if it was so easy, then where is the kernel exploit? They must be easy to find, because it was done before right?
Surely you've found one by now.
Advertising
midnitdragoon

Post by midnitdragoon »

SifJar wrote:
Xian Nox wrote:
pokerbob05 wrote:All thats needed once this VHBL is released is for someone to use it to cause a memory overflow or something similar to then re-write the flash, just like the psp.
I don't remember there being a memory overflow kernel mode exploit. They mostly relied on unchecked k1 values iirc.
To find kernel exploits, we need a better understanding of the firmware. With the PSP, it included reversing portions of the firmware to look for vulnerabilities. At current, no one has released any tools to decrypt the firmware. So, we are a long long way from a CFW, if one is even possible on the Vita. Also, no kernel mode == no flash0 access.
Sony long ago found a way to counter such flash rewrites: encrypting and signing. The 1.50 OFW was the last to not include these security measures completely iirc.
So, before you get your hopes up: no CFW, not for some time at least.
1.50 had security measures, they were just easily bypassed by kxploit - extracting DATA.PSP from an EBOOT and putting it in a separate folder named the same as the first but with a % at the end or something along those lines (the exact details escape my memory). IIRC, 1.00 was the only firmware to have no security measures and allow completely unsigned code to run without problems.
No one has mentioned the memory stick swap exploit before that one =P. good times good times!!!! Oooo and the birth of POPstation was preety amazing as well! Im hearing at gamestop and bestbuy the vita will be easy to hack! lets hope they are right.
Advertising
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

Just thought i wonder how hard will it be to find out the firmwire of the psp emulator cause i think if it has 1 we can work from there.
Just an example
wha if the firm wire is lets say 3.40 then if there was a program that let use load hombrew or got you into the system then maybe we can use that to see if the psp emulator has as acess to the rest of the vita
jc_gargma
Retired Mod

Post by jc_gargma »

Kosuke wrote:Just thought i wonder how hard will it be to find out the firmwire of the psp emulator cause i think if it has 1 we can work from there.
The PSP emulator contained in the PSVita is using OFW 6.60.
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

a lil late on that srry
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

about the at&t and tmobile. the at&t should work because they are both of the same type of network and i ask them they said they should support it beacuse the support the other sony cell phones

Return to “Homebrews”