Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

{MULTIPLAYER!?!} Minecraft PSP LC Mod [Snapshot 19w27a]

wewladder

Re: {Revival} Minecraft PSP LC Mod [v0.1.0a]

Post by wewladder » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:07 pm

RedLikeRoses wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:36 pm
Thank you... it is people like you who make me wish to continue on, even if it is hard to do so. I am on Vacation until next week, but even then, I still will work hard on making improvements and fixing bugs. I do wonder how the game performs on the Vita as I do not have one to test on, as in the actual numbers from the dev mode menu... The current game code is a mess, and I hope I can spend the next few weeks making the game simpler to read and understand before my next big update...
The game runs great on the Vita (50-60fps on almost empty areas and 40-50fps on areas full of grass according to the dev mode), and being able to use the second stick is a big plus.
Not sure if it can help, but I just took this screenshot on a fleshly created world so you can see:
https://i.imgur.com/TCe64E4.jpg

But I guess it works just as well as it would work on a real PSP anyway.

My only complain is that when you're trying to remove any block by holding the button, if you move the character or even the camera while aiming at the block before it breaks, the animation will stop and you'll have to remove it from the start. Althought you're probably aware of this one already.
I've also had a few errors when loading an existing world or generating a new one. But I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't delete my save game :lol:

Sorry for my english, have a nice vacations and keep up the great work! :D
Advertising

RedLikeRoses

Re: {Revival} Minecraft PSP LC Mod [v0.1.0a]

Post by RedLikeRoses » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:58 pm

Okay, the performance is similar to that which I've seen on the PSP... Thank you for the screenshot.

Yes, I am aware of the block removal bug, and it has been part of the game for a while... hopefully when I rewrite some of this code, I can fix that. As for the loading errors, I have experienced those too on the system but not the emulator... so I am wondering what the issue actually is. I have to put all the bugs as issues on the project on Github though... haha
Advertising

RedLikeRoses

Re: {Technically Updated!} Minecraft PSP LC Mod [v0.2.0a]

Post by RedLikeRoses » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:24 am

As of version Alpha 0.2, Minecraft2-PSP will be undergoing major changes in the fundamental game itself...

Many games aspire to be "clones" of Minecraft... however, I think that we can go a step further and make a truly amazing game by making an "implementation" of Minecraft. An implementation differs from a clone in that it does not only try to replicate behavior externally, but also makes sure that internal usage and data formats are as close to the original game as possible! Starting with v0.3, everything will be written with this design philosophy in mind, and may change the game significantly. This means that past versions and past saves will likely not work with this new version, and some old features may be lost! This is all temporary, but the game will be undergoing some major changes, and it will be for the better.

wewladder

Post by wewladder » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:43 am

Sounds promising!

I've been trying v0.2 for a bit and it really feels more optimized than v0.1. The FPS barely drops on areas full of grass and animals unlike v0.1.

Nice work!

RedLikeRoses

Post by RedLikeRoses » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:51 am

Thanks man! I appreciate it. The new version is gonna be big.

RedLikeRoses

Re: {MULTIPLAYER!?!} Minecraft PSP LC Mod [Snapshot 19w27a]

Post by RedLikeRoses » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:04 am

Hello, please check out this new teaser for Minecraft PSP LC Mod. In the video, I show that we have successfully managed to connect a PSP to a Minecraft Server... This is going to be a huge new update...

wewladder

Post by wewladder » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 am

I think the video may not be embedded right, it's not showing for me at least. Had to quote you to see the link haha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRHbtVcJIcg

And that's impressive man. Would it really be possible to crossplay with the PC version even though the PC has... more of everything (bigger worlds, more items, etc)? Again, you're doing an incredible job!

RedLikeRoses

Post by RedLikeRoses » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:49 am

I think we might be able to... don't quote me on that :P, but I really think we could do it.

Nemo1984

Post by Nemo1984 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:29 am

This is amazing! It should feature in an article!

Redislav

Post by Redislav » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:11 pm

Thank! All this time I have been waiting for someone to continue developing. You are cool, I will follow the project

Return to “Lamecraft”