Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[THE WORLD!] Release v0.0.3a - {ReCraft} - A Minecraft Port for PSP

RedLikeRoses

[THE WORLD!] Release v0.0.3a - {ReCraft} - A Minecraft Port for PSP

Post by RedLikeRoses »

So after examining the PSP homebrew community and discovering my love of programming and Lamecraft, I have created a new game - completely separate from Lamecraft - that attempts to create a richer port of Minecraft (with some bonus stuff!). While this technically doesn't belong in Lamecraft, it is very much inspired and related to it.

[IMPORTANT]: I do not know if this works on the Vita (possibly VHBL). If someone could please confirm this it would be amazing.

[Download]
- Release Version 0.0.3a is available here: https://github.com/NT-Bourgeois-Irides ... g/v0.0.3a
- NOTE: Buggy on physical hardware!!! Patched in upcoming v0.0.4a

[Source Code]
This has been completely re-written, and is not covered by Drakon's GPL as it is not a mod of Lamecraft... but I'll probably still use the GPL license.
It also uses a few pieces and parts from Drakon's Aurora engine (Mathematics).
https://github.com/NT-Bourgeois-Irides ... s/ReCraft

[Project Roadmap]

Code: Select all

V0.0.4a - Chunks and Player Editing - New Basic Blocks
V0.0.5a - Sky Effects - Sun Moon Clouds Stars Day Cycle
V0.0.6a - Overall Effects - Shaking Camera - Head bobbing - Vignette - Hand - Moving Hand
V0.0.7a - Realism Effects - Tonemap, Color Grade, Cross Process, ? DOF ?, ? Motion Blur ?, ? Light Shaft ?
V0.0.8a - Procedural Generation - Noise, Trees, Water, and a 256  x 256 world
V0.0.9a - Cave Generation - Realistic Caves - Ore Spawn
V0.0.10a - INFINITE TERRAIN
V0.0.11a - Biome Generation
V0.0.12a - Globe Generation - An Earth Sized World
V0.0.13a - Realistic Generation - An Accurate World
V0.0.14a - Saveable Worlds
V0.1a - Final World Tweaks - Structures - Plants - And Chunk Updates
Advertising
Last edited by RedLikeRoses on Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 40 times in total.
woolio

Re: Adventure Craft

Post by woolio »

Looking at the source code, i saw that you have done pretty big job. I am impressed by your decision to make new engine, it is cool. I hope you will not give up your project, i know that there are so few active people in this forum section, but development of the game can at least teach you to optimize your code and give you large experience !

So, good luck man and do not lose patience ;) !
Advertising
RedLikeRoses

Post by RedLikeRoses »

Thanks man! Development might slow later because of school and all, but I'll try to keep it as consistent as possible. :D
RedLikeRoses

Post by RedLikeRoses »

All patches will now be posted on this page, disregard the previous message.
Last edited by RedLikeRoses on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

Looking good!
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
Camxpspx123
Banned

Re: Adventure Craft! v0.0.6a - NEW First Person Camera

Post by Camxpspx123 »

Nice movement effect ! I like it

You seem to have a good learning of 3D, why dont you make your own 3D engine either then drakon aurora ?

Drakon aurora is good but a bit hard to understand for people who dont know anything in 3D (like me)

Try rewrite all by yourself and not use the old drakon aurora engine ;)

Btw I will probably use your game code source to make a 3D game for psp, have to look more in detail your code !
woolio

Post by woolio »

Red, login to your account please. I have one question for you.
RedLikeRoses

Post by RedLikeRoses »

Camxpspx123 wrote: You seem to have a good learning of 3D, why dont you make your own 3D engine either then drakon aurora ?
I think for the main game engine I might re-code more of the graphicsmanager.h but I have no idea how to load textures on PSP (or normal computers tbh, SOIL Library is a must). I find that sceGU engine is a lot like OpenGL 2.1 (minus shaders... or maybe I'll figure that out). I really do want to re-code the Graphics Engine, but I don't want to break a lot of it. Probably there will be a renderer switch in the code. My idea is having everything portrayed into a buffer object which will then be post-processed (like GLSL fragment shaders) before being blitted to the screen, but I'll get to that around 0.0.9/0.1 haha.
Camxpspx123 wrote:Drakon aurora is good but a bit hard to understand for people who dont know anything in 3D (like me)
Agreed, aurora messes with my head with his C style instancing instead of passing a pointer through RAM.

If you want to learn more about 3D I can help you if you want, just PM me (though I may be gone for long times). It was hard to start out but 3 years later I'm getting the hang of it. I'm working on implementing matrices right now in a new math library. Matrices > Confusing Vector Math. Maybe I could port GLM or something.
Camxpspx123 wrote:Try rewrite all by yourself and not use the old drakon aurora engine ;)
See above.
Camxpspx123 wrote:Btw I will probably use your game code source to make a 3D game for psp, have to look more in detail your code !
That's what open-source is about. Maybe you'd want to make it after I re-write the graphics engine. It seems my git clone has failed on this new computer... rip. Time to plug in the old hard drive.
RedLikeRoses

Re: ReCraft - A Minecraft Port for PSP

Post by RedLikeRoses »

If anyone is here, am I the only person working on something Lamecraft Related?
Darth Agnon

Re: ReCraft - A Minecraft Port for PSP

Post by Darth Agnon »

I think woolio finished his PSP Minecraft (link: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=37340), so you might be the only one :( . I'll soon be getting back and finishing off porting some texture packs to woolio's Minecraft, now that university year is just about finished.

It does seem fairly quiet around the PSP scene these days; most people seem to have moved on to Vita or Switch, and wololo is busy...
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44148
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/

Return to “Lamecraft”