#405713 by RedLikeRoses
Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:17 am
[Mission]
Spoiler
So after examining the PSP homebrew community and discovering my love of programming and Lamecraft, I have created a new game that attempts to create a better implementation of the PSPSDK. This is the foundation for a wonderful programming and gaming experience.

[IMPORTANT]: I do not know if this works on the Vita. If someone could please confirm this it would be amazing.

[Update Schedule]
Spoiler
- Nightly builds will be pushed to the GitHub repository (starting on January 1st).
- Every 1-2 weeks, there will be a new minor release/patch.
- Major releases will be nearly monthly and implement large sets of features.

[Download]
https://github.com/NT-Bourgeois-Iridescence-Technologies/AdventureCraft/releases/tag/v0.0.6a
[Source Code]
All code is on GitHub (don't flame me for GPL, there is a copy of the license).
https://github.com/NT-Bourgeois-Iridescence-Technologies/AdventureCraft

[Change-log]
Spoiler
Code: Select all- Added a 256 x 256 world to walk around within.
- Added a movable first person character.
- Added passive effects to the first person (head bob, passive movement).
- Added vignettes.
- Added control support
Advertising
Last edited by RedLikeRoses on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
#405714 by woolio
Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:05 am
Looking at the source code, i saw that you have done pretty big job. I am impressed by your decision to make new engine, it is cool. I hope you will not give up your project, i know that there are so few active people in this forum section, but development of the game can at least teach you to optimize your code and give you large experience !

So, good luck man and do not lose patience ;) !
Advertising
#405715 by RedLikeRoses
Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:33 am
Thanks man! Development might slow later because of school and all, but I'll try to keep it as consistent as possible. :D
#406040 by RedLikeRoses
Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:38 pm
All patches will now be posted on this page, disregard the previous message.
Last edited by RedLikeRoses on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#408379 by Casavult
Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:32 pm
Looking good!
#416199 by Camxpspx123
Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:50 pm
Nice movement effect ! I like it

You seem to have a good learning of 3D, why dont you make your own 3D engine either then drakon aurora ?

Drakon aurora is good but a bit hard to understand for people who dont know anything in 3D (like me)

Try rewrite all by yourself and not use the old drakon aurora engine ;)

Btw I will probably use your game code source to make a 3D game for psp, have to look more in detail your code !
#417606 by RedLikeRoses
Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:42 pm
Camxpspx123 wrote:You seem to have a good learning of 3D, why dont you make your own 3D engine either then drakon aurora ?

I think for the main game engine I might re-code more of the graphicsmanager.h but I have no idea how to load textures on PSP (or normal computers tbh, SOIL Library is a must). I find that sceGU engine is a lot like OpenGL 2.1 (minus shaders... or maybe I'll figure that out). I really do want to re-code the Graphics Engine, but I don't want to break a lot of it. Probably there will be a renderer switch in the code. My idea is having everything portrayed into a buffer object which will then be post-processed (like GLSL fragment shaders) before being blitted to the screen, but I'll get to that around 0.0.9/0.1 haha.

Camxpspx123 wrote:Drakon aurora is good but a bit hard to understand for people who dont know anything in 3D (like me)

Agreed, aurora messes with my head with his C style instancing instead of passing a pointer through RAM.

If you want to learn more about 3D I can help you if you want, just PM me (though I may be gone for long times). It was hard to start out but 3 years later I'm getting the hang of it. I'm working on implementing matrices right now in a new math library. Matrices > Confusing Vector Math. Maybe I could port GLM or something.

Camxpspx123 wrote:Try rewrite all by yourself and not use the old drakon aurora engine ;)

See above.

Camxpspx123 wrote:Btw I will probably use your game code source to make a 3D game for psp, have to look more in detail your code !

That's what open-source is about. Maybe you'd want to make it after I re-write the graphics engine. It seems my git clone has failed on this new computer... rip. Time to plug in the old hard drive.