Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Multicraft Teaser + Code [1 page]

Szacun

Re: Multicraft Teaser

Post by Szacun »

Check your email ;)
Advertising
seba!!!gshi

Post by seba!!!gshi »

could you give the versions on mac osx? or java (no 6 plz)
Advertising
!Children of Midnight!
First CSPSP account named seba!!!
[spoiler=**PSN ACCOUNT LOOK LOL**]Image[/spoiler]
thanks for my all friends from CSPSP and goodbye
diddover

Post by diddover »

Drakon wrote:Hey

I would like to clarify some things. I know that many of you hopes great stuff from Multicracft, but you my be disappointed a little bit.
I stopped working on it long long time ago. When I started this project I was thinking that I would achieve better performance especially on PSP.
There was many bugs, performance was not so good and I started really big projects for Android at my work place. My motivation run out quickly.

Just recently I was doing some stuff with threading in c++. I've returned to project with an idea in mind, that threading will help... In the end it helped...
I can't make multi-threading working correct on PSP but on PC it's working a lot better ;) That process helped me a lot - I have found and fixed lot's of bugs. Changed design here and there, and suddenly PSP version was also running quite ok. Maybe after releasing source code someone will manage to fix my "threading problem".

So as you can imagine Multicraft is very basic now. Before releasing code I want this stuff working:
- saving/loading changed chunks
- more biomes (i have 2 more prepared by my friend - I just need to reimplement them into my code)
- all blocks that were in Lamecraft and menu for selecting them
- simple lightening
- better sky with sun/moon than in lamecraft
- as stable as possible

This will be clean base to add more functionality.

Name MultiCraft is not just another name. From beginning I wanted nice multi-platform code base that would work on many devices/systems. As for now it's working on:
- win - main development system
- osx - working without a problem
- linux - working without a problem but only tested with Ubuntu
- android - working almost ok but there are some errors related to my framework not game
- ios - working almost ok but there are some errors related to my framework not game
- PSP - second main development system
- PS3... not anymore - there is partially support, but I had to update to newest OFW. If someone could help with this it would be awesome.

Once again you can see that there is still much to do, but like I said in 2 - 3 weeks I will release source for everyone.
Drakon out.
Oh haha, that's no problem man. If you get it stable and give it all the features you listed i'll be happy enough =)
diddover

Post by diddover »

Oh btw, it's probably a stupid question, but i'm gonna ask it anyhow.
Will code made in lamecraft anyhow work with multicraft? Will it be possbile to like port the code to multicraft, with making some changes and stuff to the code?
Camxpspx123
Banned

Post by Camxpspx123 »

suddenly PSP version was also running quite ok.

but

Maybe after releasing source code someone will manage to fix my "threading problem".

I dont understand :/

-
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

What I mean that i'm not using threading on PSP... It started to work ok after optimization and bugs fixing.
Skog

Post by Skog »

drakon add the craft in multicraft please!! If yes that game will be wonderfull:3333
Ssory for my English , I'm from Ukraine.
LiudvikasLTU

Post by LiudvikasLTU »

Drakon wrote:What I mean that i'm not using threading on PSP... It started to work ok after optimization and bugs fixing.
Don't want to copy all your message, because it's huge :D.
Is there any chances of multiplayer? I know your answer can be "I don't know", but I guess our team will be modding this so hard :mrgreen: , so I just want to ask a pro programmer, does PSP have enough horsepower to handle a server on its own cpu, and aswell handle a 3D blocky world?
Thanks that you found motivation in you for us Drakon :-)
Thats really hard to do for me :mrgreen:
I'm a part of SpaceCow studios and I know it! :mrgreen:
Camxpspx123
Banned

Post by Camxpspx123 »

Drakon wrote:What I mean that i'm not using threading on PSP... It started to work ok after optimization and bugs fixing.
use the psp kernel.
Last edited by Camxpspx123 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThatMan

Post by ThatMan »

Drakon wrote:Hey

I would like to clarify some things. I know that many of you hopes great stuff from Multicracft, but you my be disappointed a little bit.
I stopped working on it long long time ago. When I started this project I was thinking that I would achieve better performance especially on PSP.
There was many bugs, performance was not so good and I started really big projects for Android at my work place. My motivation run out quickly.

Just recently I was doing some stuff with threading in c++. I've returned to project with an idea in mind, that threading will help... In the end it helped...
I can't make multi-threading working correct on PSP but on PC it's working a lot better ;) That process helped me a lot - I have found and fixed lot's of bugs. Changed design here and there, and suddenly PSP version was also running quite ok. Maybe after releasing source code someone will manage to fix my "threading problem".

So as you can imagine Multicraft is very basic now. Before releasing code I want this stuff working:
- saving/loading changed chunks
- more biomes (i have 2 more prepared by my friend - I just need to reimplement them into my code)
- all blocks that were in Lamecraft and menu for selecting them
- simple lightening
- better sky with sun/moon than in lamecraft
- as stable as possible

This will be clean base to add more functionality.

Name MultiCraft is not just another name. From beginning I wanted nice multi-platform code base that would work on many devices/systems. As for now it's working on:
- win - main development system
- osx - working without a problem
- linux - working without a problem but only tested with Ubuntu
- android - working almost ok but there are some errors related to my framework not game
- ios - working almost ok but there are some errors related to my framework not game
- PSP - second main development system
- PS3... not anymore - there is partially support, but I had to update to newest OFW. If someone could help with this it would be awesome.

Once again you can see that there is still much to do, but like I said in 2 - 3 weeks I will release source for everyone.
Drakon out.
Are you going to add crafting, mining, and items? I really hope that you add these things. If not, I guess I'll just sell my PSP because the only reason I've kept it for such a long time is because I'v been waiting for something great from you or Camxpsp or perhaps even Mexicougar. Can you please see about adding in these elements? Thanks :)

Return to “Lamecraft”