Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Multicraft Teaser + Code [1 page]

noob

Re: Multicraft Teaser

Post by noob »

and everyone thought you left us behind
drakon, you just made my day man.
i love you.
Advertising
michal5575

Post by michal5575 »

Darkrainbow wrote:Did someone say logo ? 8-)
It's good too :D
Advertising
diddover

Post by diddover »

2-3 weeks seems like such a long time now =p
But I'll be patient.
for around 18 more days .
noob

Post by noob »

LiudvikasLTU wrote:Drakon, if you go open source with this, would it be possible to add a gun, and make, like a game similiar to ace of spades, but for psp?
I dont mean that you make it, I would like to make it, I'm just asking if its possible, ;)
That would be awesome if that works out.
it's supposed to be a clone of minecraft ;)
but this engine can definetly be made to be an ace of spades clone right?
noname120
Developer

Post by noname120 »

No !
Not a copy, but a brand new engine allowing you to play minecraft and portal at the same time !

I guess fun isn't over :D
Funny stuff
<yifanlu> I enjoy being loud and obnoxious
<yifanlu> rooting an android is like getting a hooker pregnant
<xerpi> I sometimes think I should leave all this stressing **** and be a farmer instead
LiudvikasLTU

Post by LiudvikasLTU »

noname120 wrote:No !
Not a copy, but a brand new engine allowing you to play minecraft and portal at the same time !

Thats right. You can add a car model and improve physic engine, and voulla, you have a racing game in a cuboid world :)
I'm a part of SpaceCow studios and I know it! :mrgreen:
Zasisem

Post by Zasisem »

Video of MultiCraft, crashed at the end but I think it was because of RemoteJoy.
noob

Post by noob »

LiudvikasLTU wrote:
noname120 wrote:No !

Thats right. You can add a car model and improve physic engine, and voulla, you have a racing game in a cuboid world :)
this makes no sense at al..
TelcoLou

Post by TelcoLou »

REEEAALLLY looking forward to this!

I hope saving functionality works on the Vita 8-)
TelcoLou ..... Playing Video Games since 1977, and still going strong!
Drakon

Post by Drakon »

Hey

I would like to clarify some things. I know that many of you hopes great stuff from Multicracft, but you my be disappointed a little bit.
I stopped working on it long long time ago. When I started this project I was thinking that I would achieve better performance especially on PSP.
There was many bugs, performance was not so good and I started really big projects for Android at my work place. My motivation run out quickly.

Just recently I was doing some stuff with threading in c++. I've returned to project with an idea in mind, that threading will help... In the end it helped...
I can't make multi-threading working correct on PSP but on PC it's working a lot better ;) That process helped me a lot - I have found and fixed lot's of bugs. Changed design here and there, and suddenly PSP version was also running quite ok. Maybe after releasing source code someone will manage to fix my "threading problem".

So as you can imagine Multicraft is very basic now. Before releasing code I want this stuff working:
- saving/loading changed chunks
- more biomes (i have 2 more prepared by my friend - I just need to reimplement them into my code)
- all blocks that were in Lamecraft and menu for selecting them
- simple lightening
- better sky with sun/moon than in lamecraft
- as stable as possible

This will be clean base to add more functionality.

Name MultiCraft is not just another name. From beginning I wanted nice multi-platform code base that would work on many devices/systems. As for now it's working on:
- win - main development system
- osx - working without a problem
- linux - working without a problem but only tested with Ubuntu
- android - working almost ok but there are some errors related to my framework not game
- ios - working almost ok but there are some errors related to my framework not game
- PSP - second main development system
- PS3... not anymore - there is partially support, but I had to update to newest OFW. If someone could help with this it would be awesome.

Once again you can see that there is still much to do, but like I said in 2 - 3 weeks I will release source for everyone.
Drakon out.

Return to “Lamecraft”