Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Lamecraft Alpha v1.0 test version

LiudvikasLTU

Re: Lamecraft Alpha v0.3.5 (Christmas Edition)

Post by LiudvikasLTU »

bjk wrote:Can you add a bed like in real minecraft ?
As a decoration, yes. But it won't be working until survival comes (IF it comes :roll: )
Advertising
I'm a part of SpaceCow studios and I know it! :mrgreen:
bjk

Post by bjk »

LiudvikasLTU wrote:
As a decoration, yes. But it won't be working until survival comes (IF it comes :roll: )
You can add bed as decoration first :D Please :D :D :D
Advertising
LiudvikasLTU

Post by LiudvikasLTU »

bjk wrote:
LiudvikasLTU wrote:
You can add bed as decoration first :D Please :D :D :D
Adding it right now :D
But it will be cut in two parts. Sorry for that. I don't have enough knowleadge how to make it in one itembar.
LiudvikasLTU

Post by LiudvikasLTU »

Added bed. I'm pretty sure the textures gonna be sticked to each other.
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

LiudvikasLTU wrote:Also guys, I'm still a begginer, Szacun is going to teach me about height, width and other stuff this evening.
Added crafting table with normal sides like in minecraft btw. Still not working, but I guess we will try to do survival, or multiplayer.
I thinked about it, if you have seen camxpspx123 3D zombies, theyre controlled by psp cpu. I wonder, if we can add a 3D steve, that is controlled from the pc server. I mean, you connect with your psp to a server, send your cordinates, and the pc program receives your coordinates, send them to other players psp, and in that psp, your 3D steve is controlled by those coordinates.

That will need a lot of work still, but I guess it's possible.
As far as multiplayer and zombies go, this is a suggestion:
Please do not make the zombie and other mob AI be controlled by the PSP CPU. It has enough trouble rendering. If you've seen Camx's zombies, they're too brain dead to be any fun. Not to mention they have problems with clipping and finding the player.
My suggestion would be to do multiplayer first, which is a big task on its own, and then add zombies/mobs, which will be controlled by the PC. This would turn your mod into a multiplayer-only mod, to an extent.
I know a lot of you hate me, but just think about it.
bjk

Post by bjk »

LiudvikasLTU wrote:Added bed. I'm pretty sure the textures gonna be sticked to each other.
Thank you :D :D :D
Red

Post by Red »

bed has a height such as other blocks or less?
LiudvikasLTU

Post by LiudvikasLTU »

Xian Nox wrote:
LiudvikasLTU wrote:Also guys, I'm still a begginer, Szacun is going to teach me about height, width and other stuff this evening.
Added crafting table with normal sides like in minecraft btw. Still not working, but I guess we will try to do survival, or multiplayer.
I thinked about it, if you have seen camxpspx123 3D zombies, theyre controlled by psp cpu. I wonder, if we can add a 3D steve, that is controlled from the pc server. I mean, you connect with your psp to a server, send your cordinates, and the pc program receives your coordinates, send them to other players psp, and in that psp, your 3D steve is controlled by those coordinates.

That will need a lot of work still, but I guess it's possible.
As far as multiplayer and zombies go, this is a suggestion:
Please do not make the zombie and other mob AI be controlled by the PSP CPU. It has enough trouble rendering. If you've seen Camx's zombies, they're too brain dead to be any fun. Not to mention they have problems with clipping and finding the player.
My suggestion would be to do multiplayer first, which is a big task on its own, and then add zombies/mobs, which will be controlled by the PC. This would turn your mod into a multiplayer-only mod, to an extent.
I know a lot of you hate me, but just think about it.
Is psp wifi card fast enough to make them smooth?
I guess camx has put rendering on cpu, not on the gpu. Thats why theyre slow, and have problems
Gta lcs and vcs have a lot of people controlled by cpu and gpu and theyre smart, fast, with animations.
I guess we will try to add them to standalone and optimise them.
If it doesn't work, i guess there will be no zombies on singleplayer
EDIT: I'm wrong. Camx uses crushes both cpu and gpu to get 20 - 25 fps.
I guess that theyre badly optimised.
And btw, original lamecraft ran at 60 - 70 frames per second ;)
Last edited by LiudvikasLTU on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiudvikasLTU

Post by LiudvikasLTU »

Red wrote:bed has a height such as other blocks or less?
Less. Beds height is like a half of a normal block. But if you have seen, Szacun made that cactus, torch doesn't take up a full block. I guess there is a magic file, that Szacun programmed, that blocks. cpp uses, to calculate what is texture height, and by that, change the size of the block. If its done mannualy, Ill have to learn it this evening i guess
Szacun

Post by Szacun »

Eh sorry guys for that slow progress but i can't find this bug with loading maps :(

Return to “Lamecraft”