Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Minecraft PSP LC Mod 2.0 [Last version]

Joel16

Re: Minecraft PSP LC Mod 2.0 [Last version]

Post by Joel16 »

Thanks for all your work mate, I'll soon publish an article for this. It deserves more attention than it gets :)
Advertising
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
Nemo1984

Post by Nemo1984 »

Thank you very much for your work, this is massive! The worlds are still a bit small but hey, PSP. It also works very well with FUSA 3D plugin, which is a miracle. No lag, the only bug I encountered is when a zombie spawned at the same coordinates as me, I got stuck in the floor. Otherwise, this is the real deal for me.

Again, thank you.
Advertising
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

Whoa! Nice work, woolio! Thank you so much for making this; I'll be getting it on my PSP asap! Just in time for my birthday, too :D

The PSP/Vita scene is the best, thanks to awesome people like you.

May you
Live long and prosper!

Darth Agnon
Like Wagic? Check out my custom themes, etc. at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44148
Wololo's article: http://wololo.net/2016/07/14/new-wagic- ... rth-agnon/
JhonDoeA

Post by JhonDoeA »

Your relase link is down, please upload to Github. ( https://github.com/Woolio/Minecraft-PSP/releases )
Your moddb is also down for some reason.
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

I noticed the last version, 2.0, didn't include the texture packs from 1.4.2 so I started converting the texture packs to 2.0. I'll be sure to convert them all, when I have time.
Here's the links to the one's I've done so far:
- PureBDCraft 2.0 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B95M6 ... WFTV0NlS28
- More to come soon!

Questions for woolio
- Is there a template file I can use to help make my own themes (to help align items, health bars, etc.)? Or is the best way just to get the Default texture pack, and replace each and every file, pixel by pixel?
- Has the feature to swap game modes, creative to survival, been removed? Or is there a way to do it, still?
- Does the "Super Secret Settings" button do anything?

Many thanks! And thank you, woolio, for making what is pretty much the best PSP homebrew out there! Your work has been incredible, and I really appreciate it! PS thanks for bringing back the pretty, animated menu!

Live long and prosper!

Darth Agnon
Planeswalker, Monster Hunter and Sith
Kitsune²

Post by Kitsune² »

I'm sorry for ressurecting the thread but, i'm trying to play on my Vita with VHBL on 3.65 and i noticed that i can only run the PSP 1000 version and my game doesn't save at all.
Can someone help me?
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

Kitsune² wrote:I'm sorry for ressurecting the thread but, i'm trying to play on my Vita with VHBL on 3.65 and i noticed that i can only run the PSP 1000 version and my game doesn't save at all.
Can someone help me?
Does VHBL allow saving to a homebrew game's root folder? e.g. will it allow writing to whatever the VHBL equivalent of PSP/GAME/minecraft_psp/ is? The PSP version stores savefiles in a folder there
Kitsune²

Post by Kitsune² »

Darth Agnon wrote:Does VHBL allow saving to a homebrew game's root folder? e.g. will it allow writing to whatever the VHBL equivalent of PSP/GAME/minecraft_psp/ is? The PSP version stores savefiles in a folder there
I don't think so.
And why i can't run the 2000/3000 version?
Darth Agnon

Post by Darth Agnon »

Kitsune² wrote:
Darth Agnon wrote:Does VHBL allow saving to a homebrew game's root folder? e.g. will it allow writing to whatever the VHBL equivalent of PSP/GAME/minecraft_psp/ is? The PSP version stores savefiles in a folder there
I don't think so.
And why i can't run the 2000/3000 version?
VHBL most likely can't run it due to RAM limits. The PSP 1000 has only 32mb RAM, so the MCPSP 1000 version uses less RAM to run on it. VHBL probably uses the default 32MB RAM for PSP emulation, as that is what the Vita provides by default. NB Official PSP games tend to use around 32mb RAM for reverse compatibility with 1000s, even though 64mb RAM is available on later models. Homebrews can use more RAM, though.
The 2000/3000 version is more RAM intensive, using more of the 2k/3k PSPs' 64mb RAM.

I remember reading that Adrenaline only got 64mb RAM for PSP emulation unlocked fairly recently; up until then, Adrenaline, TNV, etc. all had access to only 32mb RAM for PSP emulation - I bet it's the same with VHBL. Problem with 3.65 is that it locks stuff down more...

If VHBL doesn't allow the game to write its save files, there's not much can do in that dept. Have you considered getting a 3.60 Vita motherboard and swapping it in? They're not too expensive. Then you could run HENkaku Enso, Adrenaline, etc.
Kitsune²

Post by Kitsune² »

Darth Agnon wrote: VHBL most likely can't run it due to RAM limits. The PSP 1000 has only 32mb RAM, so the MCPSP 1000 version uses less RAM to run on it. VHBL probably uses the default 32MB RAM for PSP emulation, as that is what the Vita provides by default. NB Official PSP games tend to use around 32mb RAM for reverse compatibility with 1000s, even though 64mb RAM is available on later models. Homebrews can use more RAM, though.
The 2000/3000 version is more RAM intensive, using more of the 2k/3k PSPs' 64mb RAM.

I remember reading that Adrenaline only got 64mb RAM for PSP emulation unlocked fairly recently; up until then, Adrenaline, TNV, etc. all had access to only 32mb RAM for PSP emulation - I bet it's the same with VHBL. Problem with 3.65 is that it locks stuff down more...

If VHBL doesn't allow the game to write its save files, there's not much can do in that dept. Have you considered getting a 3.60 Vita motherboard and swapping it in? They're not too expensive. Then you could run HENkaku Enso, Adrenaline, etc.
I've already bought one, i'm waiting.
Actually I can create saves for emulators, they all work, GBA, SNES, but Minecraft does not work.

Return to “Lamecraft”