Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy announced

Discuss official PS Vita games here
King Raaa

Ratchet & Clank Trilogy announced

Post by King Raaa »

I was looking forward to it, until I read
The PS3 re-release was ported by Idol Minds, the dev behind the canceled Warrior's Lair. This time duties are handed over to Mass Media, the team that brought the Jak and Daxter Collection to PS3 and Vita.
The J and D port wasn't that good. Here's hoping they do better with R and C...

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/29/sony- ... -for-vita/
Advertising
Tikiko99

Re: Ratchet & Clank Trilogy announced

Post by Tikiko99 »

the jax and daxter port wasn't that bad, you just give too much importance to fps, and most people just wanna ride on the hate train, i seiously dont care, i like the games.
Advertising
My Systems:

PSP GO OFW 6.60
PS Vita PCH-1004 : 3.60
PS Vita PCH-1101 : 1.50

PS3 OFW 4.25(dead)
Alpmaster

Post by Alpmaster »

Tikiko99 wrote:the jax and daxter port wasn't that bad, you just give too much importance to fps, and most people just wanna ride on the hate train, i seiously dont care, i like the games.
I agree fps is something I have noticed is mentioned a lot we have to keep mind this is a portable system and not going to
Be as powerful as the PS3. Streaming service is a whole nother balll game it does not mean the vita could natively play Ps2 or
PS3 with its architecture.
Game On!
Newo_Namekaw

Post by Newo_Namekaw »

The J&D HD fps was awful. Some people just can't stand an fps that drops as low as it does in that, which is understandable. However, it wasn't just that which ruins it. The fact that there is an unbeatable mission in Jak II due to the analog sticks not being as precise as the PS2/PS3's does. You'd have thought the ones making the port would have at least tried a method to fix it that actually worked, unlike the terrible touchscreen aiming. The only way to beat it is to buy the PS3 version and cross-save to that and beat it.

Anyway, here's hoping the few turret missions in the R&C HD collection won't be as bad...
naki-the-curious

Post by naki-the-curious »

Newo_Namekaw wrote:The J&D HD fps was awful. Some people just can't stand an fps that drops as low as it does in that, which is understandable. However, it wasn't just that which ruins it. The fact that there is an unbeatable mission in Jak II due to the analog sticks not being as precise as the PS2/PS3's does. You'd have thought the ones making the port would have at least tried a method to fix it that actually worked, unlike the terrible touchscreen aiming. The only way to beat it is to buy the PS3 version and cross-save to that and beat it.

Anyway, here's hoping the few turret missions in the R&C HD collection won't be as bad...
I managed to beat that level, using the right analog plus touchscreen (rough aim using stick, touch screen for final aim). But yeah, it was pretty hard. I'm probably gonna buy the R&C collection regardless, but lets hope they do a better job at the port.
my stuff
  • PSP 3000 White (03g) - Dual Boot (6.60 Pro-C2 and LME 1.8)
  • PSP 2000 Simpsons Ed. - 6.60 ME 1.8
  • PS Vita Cosmic Red - FW3.01
  • Sony Vaio E-Series Laptop White
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 International (Rooted)
gangstafc

Post by gangstafc »

How much gb is rachet and clank for vita cause when I checked on psn store it said 12 gb which is obviously wrong as the ps3 version is 9 gb something
Kankertje

Post by Kankertje »

Its like 3 gb for all 3, quite small
meat_pudding

Post by meat_pudding »

For me, I really have issues with any game that can't maintain a consistent frame-rate. There are three causes: heavy art, bad design, or *** coding. All three are avoidable failures on the developer side. It usually boils down to management not looking over their people to ensure adherence to established production standards. With a port to lesser hardware, if you have slowdown where the original product did that is excusable. If you have slowdown all over the place that is sheer laziness. It means you didn't reduce the art assets, you didn't optimize the code, or you didn't make smart decisions on where to modify the design.

There was a time when a smooth, consistent frame-rate was the hallmark of a quality product, and when you shipped a game with a crappy frame-rate you were ashamed as a dev.
naki-the-curious

Post by naki-the-curious »

meat_pudding wrote: There was a time when a smooth, consistent frame-rate was the hallmark of a quality product, and when you shipped a game with a crappy frame-rate you were ashamed as a dev.
It still is, thats why J&D trilogy and Borderlands 2 for Vita got bad reviews
my stuff
  • PSP 3000 White (03g) - Dual Boot (6.60 Pro-C2 and LME 1.8)
  • PSP 2000 Simpsons Ed. - 6.60 ME 1.8
  • PS Vita Cosmic Red - FW3.01
  • Sony Vaio E-Series Laptop White
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 International (Rooted)

Return to “Games”