Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

What can save the Vita

Discuss official PS Vita games here
cardinalmind

Re: What can save the Vita

Post by cardinalmind »

In Japan, in my opinion you basically need Monster Hunter + Dragon Quest on your system. The problem here is unlike Nintendo, Sony does not have a good IP that is primarily handheld focused. Animal Crossing and Pokemon is there for Nintendo, What's Sony's answer? Vita Pets :lol: they have none. Never underestimate the power of the cash cows of Square-Enix and Capcom. The problem is, those two developers are somewhat ignoring the system and are instead going into mobile.

Plus the big studios of Sony (Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, etc.) are only on the PS3/4 system with ND saying that they don't want to create a handheld game.

In the West and/or the rest of the world, It is kinda complicated. The perception here is LOL VITA HAZ NO GAMEZ, LOL MEMORY CARD PRICE. WHAT'S A VITA? Maybe they need to do a "relaunching" of the system similar to what they did with the PS3. Add some heavy hitters (the usual COD, FIFA, perharps even BF) and just a little bit more marketing push unlike today. Or since Minecraft is launching in the system, why not create a Minecraft bundle? That will sell boatloads if they add an awareness marketing push of that bundle.

For East/ South East Asia, I hate to generalize but piracy sells here. Only here can you see stall in shopping malls selling ISOs of games or they are widely promoting jailbreak/"free apps" with your purchase. Unlike the west where people expect to pay the price upfront, In Asia that does not bode very well. F2P MMORPGs, MOBAs are popular in Asia because they can access the game and they will only pay (even if the total amount of money they've spent is already higher than just buying the game) afterwards.
Advertising
NeverSayDie

What needs to be fixed on Psvita

Post by NeverSayDie »

PsVita web browser - takes a long time to load pages.
Near- Patch it out
youtube - crashing
save files- where are the save files at?

Apps that should he made for the vita
Twitch - To watch livestreams from twitch ( you can watch livestreams with nico nico but its mainly japanese livestreams)
Instagram - To post pictures
Save file utility - self explanatory

Things that the vita should have
Copy and paste function
Advertising
I love electronic Music
My Favorite artists are
1. 12th Planet
2. Noisestorm
3. Zomboy
Never Say die and Monstercat
I have ADHD and Aspergers
I love techonlogy and Computers first though.
Pockets69

Re: What needs to be fixed on Psvita

Post by Pockets69 »

don't want to sound like an but here it goes:
vita web browser- no one cares, no uses it, like the ps3/psp browser
near - stop trying to make everything a social network, stop trying to know where i am, and who i am.
youtube - i haven't had the opportunity to use it, but i successfully used youtube on the web browser, haven't had a problem, maybe you can use it there.
save files- i don't know what you mean, save files availble on the internet? that would be a good idea :)

twitch app very good idea there, with the ps4 streaming and all i believe that will happen sooner or later, but then the ps vita's battery sucks :( oh well it will come out eventually.
instagram- :(
save file utility - self explanatory... not really what would that so called utility do?

copy and paste function? the vita doesn't have that???

i see the thread was merged, also sorry for the swearing jc_gargma
Last edited by jc_gargma on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language
dreamingpool

Post by dreamingpool »

PS vita really need good games ans ont only ported ps3 games or oldies of ps1 and minis not better than android games.
If they begin to let us play ps2 that becoming interesting.
And where are the good games apart killzone assassin creed and uncharted . it just becoming an accessory of the ps4 and not a handheld console games
xprxbatmanxprx
Location: Batcave ... .. Searching ... .. Searching ... Unknown Location

Post by xprxbatmanxprx »

We actually need more games, the only ones available are only good for two weeks or until you get bored of it.
I know that porting a game like San Andreas will makes sales go up for a minute.
This port was released today on iOS for £4.99 and is coming soon to Android, Amazon Kindle and Windows Phone devices. So no Vita at the moment :|
PSP-1001 - 6.60 ME-1.8 _____ BATMAN _____ PSV-1101 - 1.81 Urbanix + Mad Blocker CEF 6.60 TN-V
Theredbaron

Re: What needs to be fixed on Psvita

Post by Theredbaron »

NeverSayDie wrote:PsVita web browser - takes a long time to load pages.
Near- Patch it out
youtube - crashing
save files- where are the save files at?

Apps that should he made for the vita
Twitch - To watch livestreams from twitch ( you can watch livestreams with nico nico but its mainly japanese livestreams)
Instagram - To post pictures
Save file utility - self explanatory

Things that the vita should have
Copy and paste function
Since you bring them up.

I bloody hate the browser. I use it, don't get me wrong, but that is just because it is "there". Their instistance on sticking with netfront is bloody asinine. heck it would have been better, and cheaper, to have some programers hack in HTML5 to Links.

I also bloody HATE that you have to sign in to use most apps. FU SONY! You don't need to know when I use facebook, or when I want to listen to Tunein. There is NO reason for this, unless they are trying to profile use. F THAT. That is the main reason for a blacklisting proxy.

For what apps I want that I "could" get:

Veetle: The Vita has a nice camera, so it could make use of this. Plus there are some cool vids on veetle.
Ebook reader: WTF Sony, why not?
More media formats: Again, wtf? It's not like OGG/MKV/WEBM/FLAC/APE need a licensing fee. Why are they not included? Stupid. If I had known that not even FLAC was supported, I wouldn't have gotten it. I need me my flac. Yes, I can tell the difference, even with cheap headphones. Everything just sounds wrong, even at 320kps. (;_;)
Reddit?

Ones I won't get

XBMC
VNC
SSH
LXDE
:)
Vita 3G - 4GB/8GB - 3.00 TN-V
NeverSayDie

Post by NeverSayDie »

I use the Web browser its sucks hardcore. Instagram is just so I can view cool pictures instead of using flixir.

-----
Pockets69 wrote:don't want to sound like an but here it goes:
vita web browser- no one cares, no uses it, like the ps3/psp browser
near - stop trying to make everything a social network, stop trying to know where i am, and who i am.
youtube - i haven't had the opportunity to use it, but i successfully used youtube on the web browser, haven't had a problem, maybe you can use it there.
save files- i don't know what you mean, save files availble on the internet? that would be a good idea :)

twitch app very good idea there, with the ps4 streaming and all i believe that will happen sooner or later, but then the ps vita's battery sucks :( oh well it will come out eventually.
instagram- :(
save file utility - self explanatory... not really what would that so called utility do?

copy and paste function? the vita doesn't have that???

i see the thread was merged, also sorry for the swearing jc_gargma

Savefile utility would allow you to copy Vita game saves to your pc instead of copying the whole game
Last edited by jc_gargma on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double post
I love electronic Music
My Favorite artists are
1. 12th Planet
2. Noisestorm
3. Zomboy
Never Say die and Monstercat
I have ADHD and Aspergers
I love techonlogy and Computers first though.
skyhot004

Why sony don't make simple things???

Post by skyhot004 »

When can i copy and paste???
Firmware 99.01???

When can i read a simple txt note???
When can i read ebook???
When can i use html5 feature without making it open video??? (Not all html5 are video)
When will more format supported??? (Everything : Picture,video)

Sony just ignore all simple multimedia applications
And add update about sony gaming system only

I heard you can't even play simple mp3 on ps4

Oh last thing
When will there be ordinary useless too many duplicated application from google play (i know it not android)
Something like photo editor,video editor
Why can't your vita capture a video??
I don't know my 9.99 USD java cellphone can do and it had worst quality ever
But they still manage to do it

I think i explained all thing that they just won't do it

I know it just a game console
But it's being game console doesn't mean it shouldn't do these things
It's hardware are capable of it
But sony won't push it to the max :P
...................Yeah i got nothing to say here
ZeroSkys

Post by ZeroSkys »

You guys are expecting too much out of a VIDEO GAME handheld console.
Add Meh
herriemaker

Post by herriemaker »

ZeroSkys wrote:You guys are expecting too much out of a VIDEO GAME handheld console.

in a time where every phone can do everything a pc can they expect a "ultimate" handheld console can do aswell so i cant blame them for wanting it

Return to “Games”