Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSVita free browser game hub

Discuss official PS Vita games here
NNNRT

Re: PSVita free browser game hub

Post by NNNRT »

hgoel0974 wrote:Now I know how serversfree gave me so much bandwidth, it was still limited by the CPU! Anyways, the hub can now be accessed at http://www.hgoel.info, http://www.hgoel.info/GameHub/

I have set up a redirect from gwygo so soon tht should start working as well :D
Nice work cowboy! :D That was the best & only solution. I guess you are a full-time genius! ;)
Advertising
shadyblue9o9

Post by shadyblue9o9 »

Theredbaron wrote:
shadyblue9o9 wrote:it would have to be a flash file... im not talking the latest, but really primitive flash player 3 files (they were able to play on the psp) so im sure the PS Vita would be able to play them... Javascript also has access to playing .wav files... ( http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questi ... javascript) and you can easily convert mp3 into a .wav so ;) there you go!
HTML5 has this http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_audio.asp but idk if it will work on the ps vita :S dont have one! maybe i will get one when i get taxes? ;)
Does that even matter? I thought that the browser didn't have access to the audio hardware. Thus even if you could get it to play something, no audio would output.
Really? :S i didnt know that the ps vita browser took a step down, so you dont even hear sounds when you play the games??? have you tried playing some .swf files on the browser via a webpage to see if it plays sound? if it does, then it is probably possible to use the Javascript/flash player 3/HTML5 to play mp3, you just have to convert it to the proper format. idk if javascript or HTML5 decodes the files itself or what, but i know that Flash player 3 decodes and makes its own sounds... at least, that is what they did on the psp :| (i dont have a ps vita, so im going on a limb based on how well the ps vita browser is to people who own it)
Advertising
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

shadyblue9o9 wrote:
Theredbaron wrote:
shadyblue9o9 wrote:it would have to be a flash file... im not talking the latest, but really primitive flash player 3 files (they were able to play on the psp) so im sure the PS Vita would be able to play them... Javascript also has access to playing .wav files... ( http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questi ... javascript) and you can easily convert mp3 into a .wav so ;) there you go!
HTML5 has this http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_audio.asp but idk if it will work on the ps vita :S dont have one! maybe i will get one when i get taxes? ;)
Does that even matter? I thought that the browser didn't have access to the audio hardware. Thus even if you could get it to play something, no audio would output.
Really? :S i didnt know that the ps vita browser took a step down, so you dont even hear sounds when you play the games??? have you tried playing some .swf files on the browser via a webpage to see if it plays sound? if it does, then it is probably possible to use the Javascript/flash player 3/HTML5 to play mp3, you just have to convert it to the proper format. idk if javascript or HTML5 decodes the files itself or what, but i know that Flash player 3 decodes and makes its own sounds... at least, that is what they did on the psp :| (i dont have a ps vita, so im going on a limb based on how well the ps vita browser is to people who own it)
The Vita browser didn't take a step down, adobe dropped flash support for mobile devices, Siny hasn't imppemented html5 audio and video yet so that doesn't work either
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
DS_Marine
Developer

Post by DS_Marine »

Don't get me wrong...I was not talking about playing audio mp3, but disguise html5 code into mp3 or jpg files so we can run it 'offline', like the way to copy files homebrew to the psp emu.
ImagePSP-Controlled drone
"Hackers don't have superpowers. Just a hackable PSP and a brain (ships by default on most humans models)" -Wololo
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

hgoel, I just tried these games on my Vita. First of all, sometimes when I try to load the site, it just refuses to load. And when it does, and when I try to play Fruit Killer for example, whenever I swipe the screen, the screen goes along with the swipe and it usually doesn't slice the fruits :( Also, this game lags for me a lot (haven't tried any other games)...it's weird because I have a very fast Fios connection. Any tips?
Current tester of Qwikrazor87's creations & wizardry (3.51 & below)
Former tester of Total-Noob's creations & wizardry (3.01 & below)
Computer Science at Yale University, Class of 2019
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

S1NFUL wrote:hgoel, I just tried these games on my Vita. First of all, sometimes when I try to load the site, it just refuses to load. And when it does, and when I try to play Fruit Killer for example, whenever I swipe the screen, the screen goes along with the swipe and it usually doesn't slice the fruits :( Also, this game lags for me a lot (haven't tried any other games)...it's weird because I have a very fast Fios connection. Any tips?
I have tried my best to make Fruit Killer work, it just doesn't run too well, and yes it does lag, that is because the Vita browser isn't able to take it (Sony hasn't given it enough resources), also, do you mean that the Game hub refuses to load or the games? I am thinking of contacting the dev and hosting them on my own site because I think that we might be overloading his servers
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

hgoel0974 wrote:
S1NFUL wrote:hgoel, I just tried these games on my Vita. First of all, sometimes when I try to load the site, it just refuses to load. And when it does, and when I try to play Fruit Killer for example, whenever I swipe the screen, the screen goes along with the swipe and it usually doesn't slice the fruits :( Also, this game lags for me a lot (haven't tried any other games)...it's weird because I have a very fast Fios connection. Any tips?
I have tried my best to make Fruit Killer work, it just doesn't run too well, and yes it does lag, that is because the Vita browser isn't able to take it (Sony hasn't given it enough resources), also, do you mean that the Game hub refuses to load or the games? I am thinking of contacting the dev and hosting them on my own site because I think that we might be overloading his servers
The actual game hub seems to refuse to load (this happen's with fcrasher's vitagame.tk too)

Edit: Nevermind, it's loading perfectly now.

However, after some more testing (the ski game specifically) I found out that the touch-mouse coordination seems to be off (if that made any sense)...IE: in the aforementioned game, you have to touch the screen on either ends of the screen to get mouse input for the game.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

The ski game seems to have been made for that, I guess it is part of the gameplay, you have to tap the sides rather than drag the skier
S1NFUL

Post by S1NFUL »

I found a game that seems to be perfectly playable on the Vita's browser...it's called Dogpee...Hgoel check it out and tell me if it's worthy to be on the hub ;)
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

S1NFUL wrote:I found a game that seems to be perfectly playable on the Vita's browser...it's called Dogpee...Hgoel check it out and tell me if it's worthy to be on the hub ;)
link?
If it works, I will just put it up, I don't have the right to say if something is worthy of being there, if people want to play it, they will ;)

Return to “Games”