Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Top 5 RPG Vita Games?

Discuss official PS Vita games here
D0r1t0
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Top 5 RPG Vita Games?

Post by D0r1t0 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:13 am

Which ones you recomend to buy guys?

Cause i normally play the ps1 but as i do not have my psp anymore , im really thinking on buy some good game to enjoy the vita.

At the moment i bought Sine Mora a Shot em up with a really nice history and so on , few days ago i saw in ps store the Ragnarok Odissey but i cant find it anymore , my acc is from EU so weird o.o... i saw people talking good about Persona 4 , cant find it neither, but i have played Persona 1 and i dunno might be i didnt get the history or something cause i didnt like it to much... would be so cool if they do Valkirye Profile 2 in ps vita as remake from the PS2 a really nice game.

So if you can give me some options i will be so thankfull :) :mrgreen:
Advertising

User avatar
TelcoLou
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:10 pm
Location: Directly Above Middle Earth

Re: Top 5 RPG Vita Games?

Post by TelcoLou » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:42 am

Of the 2 Vita games I've played, I enjoyed Uncharted a lot. It was a bit short, but the Uncharted games all seem to be light in length, but heavy in fun.

Katamari was ok, but again, another 'way-too-short-for-the-price' title.

I'm enjoying PS1 classics the most these days; they look amazing on the Vita's screen. Playing Chrono Cross now actually; great RPG game, if you're into those.
Advertising
TelcoLou ..... Playing Video Games since 1977, and still going strong!

User avatar
taiyaki04
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:41 am
Location: investigating the Ethereal Horizon with the wielder of Jao Shingan

Re: Top 5 RPG Vita Games?

Post by taiyaki04 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:50 am

well, i am in japan... so all i know are these games...

tales of xilia
tales of innocence r
uncharted
persona 4
gravity rush
little big planet
rayman origins
assassin's creed

there might be other games but out of these that i know, i own persona 4 and tales of innocence...
as far as i know, persona has no history(the prequel/sequel thingy) since when i played persona 3 portable, the time when you can fight monsters will be midnight, while on persona 4, you will go to the television... though they got some characters from p3p to p4...

oh, and of those games.. the top on the list as far as i know are persona 4 and uncharted... might as well assassin's creed
i hope K-on! will have a season 3. if that happens, i will cry my heart out with happiness
devices
PSP 2000 fully hackable - 6.60 me 1.6+pro-c
PSVita 3.01 3g/wifi
PSVita 1.81 wifi urbanix tn-c

starfall05
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:29 am

Re: Top 5 RPG Vita Games?

Post by starfall05 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:49 pm

hehe guys.. he's looking for RPG games only.

Aside from ps1 classics and psp games, here are some great ps vita rpg games (in no particular order)

1. persona 4 golden
2. ragnarok odyssey (action-rpg)
3. dungeon hunter (dungeon type rpg).. (well you have to buy it cheaper because its original prices is not worth it though)
4. gravity rush
5. disgaea

that's all i can remember at the moment. i think ps vita has a small library for this genre.
anyways, persona 4 and ragnarok odyssey is not yet available for EU store. you have to import a copy as its available in english US stores only. just try your luck at local retailers. however i believe its coming real soon.

D0r1t0
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: Top 5 RPG Vita Games?

Post by D0r1t0 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:13 pm

TelcoLou wrote:Of the 2 Vita games I've played, I enjoyed Uncharted a lot. It was a bit short, but the Uncharted games all seem to be light in length, but heavy in fun.

Katamari was ok, but again, another 'way-too-short-for-the-price' title.

I'm enjoying PS1 classics the most these days; they look amazing on the Vita's screen. Playing Chrono Cross now actually; great RPG game, if you're into those.
Is Chrono Cross en play store? Since i do have the official firmware 2.01 :\
starfall05 wrote:hehe guys.. he's looking for RPG games only.

Aside from ps1 classics and psp games, here are some great ps vita rpg games (in no particular order)

1. persona 4 golden
2. ragnarok odyssey (action-rpg)
3. dungeon hunter (dungeon type rpg).. (well you have to buy it cheaper because its original prices is not worth it though)
4. gravity rush
5. disgaea

that's all i can remember at the moment. i think ps vita has a small library for this genre.
anyways, persona 4 and ragnarok odyssey is not yet available for EU store. you have to import a copy as its available in english US stores only. just try your luck at local retailers. however i believe its coming real soon.
mehhh :x right now im playing the Gravity Rush looks pretty fun , about Persona 4 Golden is this game really worth playing? Cause i got pretty fast bored in the Persona 1.
About Ragnarok would be cool if they put it on Eu... I didnt try Disagea yet but i heard good things about that game , yeah i played the demo of Dungeon Hunter , looks not bad but for sure short...
taiyaki04 wrote:well, i am in japan... so all i know are these games...

tales of xilia
tales of innocence r
uncharted
persona 4
gravity rush
little big planet
rayman origins
assassin's creed

there might be other games but out of these that i know, i own persona 4 and tales of innocence...
as far as i know, persona has no history(the prequel/sequel thingy) since when i played persona 3 portable, the time when you can fight monsters will be midnight, while on persona 4, you will go to the television... though they got some characters from p3p to p4...

oh, and of those games.. the top on the list as far as i know are persona 4 and uncharted... might as well assassin's creed
I only played Tales of Eternia and like it pretty much , the saga of Xs is pretty good aswell , rayman looks so fun indeed.

flash_falcon
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:45 pm

Re: Top 5 RPG Vita Games?

Post by flash_falcon » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Until Sony decides to start price matching some titles to an extent, you may want to avoid purchasing titles online after they have been out for some time. Example, BlackOps Declassified, you can find it for $30 on Amazon (which I'm about to purchase) but if you download it, you are paying full retail price. Same goes for others out there like Mortal Kombat.

Anyways, my list since I enjoy RPG's as well (in no order):

1 - Dungeon Hunter - Although not a bad title, it does get repetitive a lot and fast with heavy grinding. If you don't mind it too much, pick it up!
2 - Breath of Fire IV (PSOne) - I'm still waiting for BoF3 to be released in the store but until then, this title was a pretty good RPG title from the series. Story line is pretty good and will definitely take you a while to complete if you go for everything.
3 - Final Fantasy III (PSP) - This remake was amazing and to have a controller, instead of touchscreen from the phone, makes it that much more enjoyable. The $20 price tag is a little painful for this old title ($14.99 like the other releases would be better) however you won't go unrewarded from this instant classic.
4 - Persona 3 Portable (PSP) - I picked this one up as a recommendation from another forum and I haven't regretted this since. It is different from other titles I've played but it is very easy to get into and you don't need to have played the other titles to jump into this one. I never did and I play it just fine.
5 - Pinball Arcade - I know its not an RPG, but, the simulation has been done very well and the replay value is definitely way up there. Arabian Nights is my favorite machine.
6 - Castlevania - Dracula X (PSP) - Castlevania was, and still is, amazing! This remake of Rondo of Blood was done very well and this title has multiple secrets! The biggest secret is that you really get 3 games in one package!!! Yes, THREE for the price of ONE! You can unlock the original Rondo of Blood, and you can also unlock the classic Symphony of the Night (RPG). Invest a little time in the game and you won't regret this at all.

For now, that's all I can think of since I am at work and don't have my PSV in front of me (gotta stay classy ya know). Hope this helps you!
D0r1t0 wrote:
TelcoLou wrote:Of the 2 Vita games I've played, I enjoyed Uncharted a lot. It was a bit short, but the Uncharted games all seem to be light in length, but heavy in fun.

Katamari was ok, but again, another 'way-too-short-for-the-price' title.

I'm enjoying PS1 classics the most these days; they look amazing on the Vita's screen. Playing Chrono Cross now actually; great RPG game, if you're into those.
Is Chrono Cross en play store? Since i do have the official firmware 2.01 :\
Yes, it is along with Chrono Trigger ($9.99 each).

wolframio
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:32 am

Re: Top 5 RPG Vita Games?

Post by wolframio » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:43 pm

wait for PSO2 (RPG), is free, AC3L and Gravity Rush Rulez, sine mora is too cool!

D0r1t0
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: Top 5 RPG Vita Games?

Post by D0r1t0 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:03 pm

flash_falcon wrote:Until Sony decides to start price matching some titles to an extent, you may want to avoid purchasing titles online after they have been out for some time. Example, BlackOps Declassified, you can find it for $30 on Amazon (which I'm about to purchase) but if you download it, you are paying full retail price. Same goes for others out there like Mortal Kombat.

Anyways, my list since I enjoy RPG's as well (in no order):

1 - Dungeon Hunter - Although not a bad title, it does get repetitive a lot and fast with heavy grinding. If you don't mind it too much, pick it up!
2 - Breath of Fire IV (PSOne) - I'm still waiting for BoF3 to be released in the store but until then, this title was a pretty good RPG title from the series. Story line is pretty good and will definitely take you a while to complete if you go for everything.
3 - Final Fantasy III (PSP) - This remake was amazing and to have a controller, instead of touchscreen from the phone, makes it that much more enjoyable. The $20 price tag is a little painful for this old title ($14.99 like the other releases would be better) however you won't go unrewarded from this instant classic.
4 - Persona 3 Portable (PSP) - I picked this one up as a recommendation from another forum and I haven't regretted this since. It is different from other titles I've played but it is very easy to get into and you don't need to have played the other titles to jump into this one. I never did and I play it just fine.
5 - Pinball Arcade - I know its not an RPG, but, the simulation has been done very well and the replay value is definitely way up there. Arabian Nights is my favorite machine.
6 - Castlevania - Dracula X (PSP) - Castlevania was, and still is, amazing! This remake of Rondo of Blood was done very well and this title has multiple secrets! The biggest secret is that you really get 3 games in one package!!! Yes, THREE for the price of ONE! You can unlock the original Rondo of Blood, and you can also unlock the classic Symphony of the Night (RPG). Invest a little time in the game and you won't regret this at all.

For now, that's all I can think of since I am at work and don't have my PSV in front of me (gotta stay classy ya know). Hope this helps you!
D0r1t0 wrote:
TelcoLou wrote:Of the 2 Vita games I've played, I enjoyed Uncharted a lot. It was a bit short, but the Uncharted games all seem to be light in length, but heavy in fun.

Katamari was ok, but again, another 'way-too-short-for-the-price' title.

I'm enjoying PS1 classics the most these days; they look amazing on the Vita's screen. Playing Chrono Cross now actually; great RPG game, if you're into those.
Is Chrono Cross en play store? Since i do have the official firmware 2.01 :\
Yes, it is along with Chrono Trigger ($9.99 each).
I couldnt find Chrono on the Play store on internet... :x

Pretty cool the rank :) I have played Breath Of Fire 3 and didnt finish it , im going to think about finishing Breath of fire 3 and then buy the 4 , cause i liked it kinda , the story was really good.
Final Fantasy 3 i even finished so good game :3
About persona 3 and 4 i have to think , many recomendations.. it cant be that bad if everyone talking good.
Pinball might be a good choice for the breaks in work.
About Castelvania yeah , pretty sure i will like it and i heard something about new Castelvania coming soon?

User avatar
taiyaki04
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:41 am
Location: investigating the Ethereal Horizon with the wielder of Jao Shingan

Re: Top 5 RPG Vita Games?

Post by taiyaki04 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Oh, i thougt only vita games. i also recommend breath of fire 3 and 4. i am a fan of the series. i have played 1 up to 4, havent finished 2 though, and 5 is for ps2 or 3
i hope K-on! will have a season 3. if that happens, i will cry my heart out with happiness
devices
PSP 2000 fully hackable - 6.60 me 1.6+pro-c
PSVita 3.01 3g/wifi
PSVita 1.81 wifi urbanix tn-c

D0r1t0
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: Top 5 RPG Vita Games?

Post by D0r1t0 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Hey guys , i cant find on my ps store :

Castelvania : Dracula X
Breath of fire 4
or any of the Chrono saga..

Im in spain so i have the EU account.. but seems there is not that much games as i supposed :|

Post Reply

Return to “Games”