Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

A Monster Hunter Thought

Discuss official PS Vita games here
RPT111

Re: A Monster Hunter Thought

Post by RPT111 »

starfall05 wrote:I was just thinking, I recently saw a news of Dark Souls 2 petition and signature campaign, etc.....

And it came to me that WHY WAS THIS NOT BEING DONE FOR MONSTER HUNTER (ENG.) FOR PS3 OR PS VITA??
We have heard lot of voices wanting MONSTER HUNTER to be released in ps vita especially since we have loved it on PSP. I sure believe a lot of "western" persons would agree. Even in this forums there will be a lot who wants this game on their vita. Heck, every forum, blogs, site I have seen a monster hunter news would have comments like "Wish they would release on vita". But why does a petition for MONSTER HUNTER games doesn't rise??

I have not yet seen a big-time petition for monster hunter, how about we start one here and show those guys at CAPCOM what really the gamer wants. hehe..

Sorry for ranting much, just my two cents. (..more of a dream really.) :)
These things almost never work. heck Operation Rainfall got scr..ed by the company localizing it. The company said it was all their doing and the fans wanting the game made did not have an impact on the release.
Advertising
RagingCore
Banned

Post by RagingCore »

I bought a 3DS XL 2 months ago almost exclusively for MH3G, well, a few other games too but I only have 2 so far. It's gathering dust on my game shelf at the moment.
I really like the console, but there are not many good/interesting games so far [okay, don't crucify me. I'm just not a fan of some major games released so far - e.g. Mortal Combat, Kid Icarus, etc, etc]. I'm really hoping, besides MH3G and MH4, for a new Metroid & The Legend of Zelda game on 3ds.
I'm happy with the vita tough, but I wish capcom made a new MH for it. dang, even a MHFU remaster would do.

However, I don't believe we'll get a MH for Vita so soon, if any. Perhaps CAPCOM will have a change of mind in the next 2 years?

Random question:
[spoiler]Does anyone gets annoyed with the right thumbstick when playing MH on the vita? that "tap-tap" to turn the camera annoys me far too much. If you hold it, the camera goes berserk... I guess it's because of the fixed turn distance for each press on the d-pad[/spoiler]
Advertising
starfall05

Post by starfall05 »

i am not also used to the right stick for view change, the "tap-tap" view change was better for the claw right? hehe..

we all miss that friggin' finger claw/hook whatever they call it.

can they not even localized monster hunter portable 3rd for psp??!?!?!
RagingCore
Banned

Post by RagingCore »

starfall05 wrote:i am not also used to the right stick for view change, the "tap-tap" view change was better for the claw right? hehe..

we all miss that friggin' finger claw/hook whatever they call it.

can they not even localized monster hunter portable 3rd for psp??!?!?!
Clawing the d-pad was the way to go. It's still possible on the vita, but the you'll have to bend your finger a little
further. I prefer the claw to move the camera, that way i dont have to move my thumb alway from the action buttons :mrgreen:
muhddaniel

Post by muhddaniel »

Initially i bought the vita just to play the monster hunter game. I wouldn't mind if it was MHFU. But to my disappointment, the Asia PSN store only had MH2G and MH3G which both is in Japanese. MHFU was unavailable. If only MH3G was available in english.. That would be awesome! Come on Capcom! Show us Vita users some Monster Hunter love!
davey8384

Post by davey8384 »

I can understand if Capcom doesn't want to distribute physical copies outside of the asian market because they think that it won't sell well, but I don't understand why they won't at least sell digital copies on the PSN. I'm sure the cost of selling a digital copy is exponentially significantly less than selling physical copies. If it's a problem with translations, I have no doubt that the western fanbase wouldn't have a problem waiting a month or two for a proper english translation. heck, if Capcom doesn't want to translate it, call in a group of qualified volunteers to translate it for them. Compensation would be a copy of the game :-) I don't know. These are just my 2 cents. From a business point of view, I can understand why Capcom is hesitant, but from a practical point of view Capcom is just being lazy.
Minimur12

Post by Minimur12 »

for all you know it could be being developed but it has just not been announced?
I'm not on the forum much, if you want to let me know about something, shoot me a PM!
ImageImage
EvilGrin

Post by EvilGrin »

Minimur12 wrote:for all you know it could be being developed but it has just not been announced?
Perhaps.. But if they're thinking about it, it's just some random crazy speculation inside CAPCOM HQ, therefore, nothing serious.

From what I read, they're no where as close to release a MH tittle for the vita... or even consider it.
My Consoles
[spoiler]PS Vita [WiFi] - OFW
PlayStation 3 Slim 320GB - OFW
XBOX 360 Slim 250GB - OFW
3DS XL Red - OFW[/spoiler]
brunomuska

Post by brunomuska »

Man, I'm almost buying a 3DS only for this game... I love to come here and see what Wololo is doing to hack the Vita, but I stick to the current firmware because de Plus thing... Maybe I should pick the eCFW and download an ISO patched of MH3G in english... Crapcom doesn't want my money anyway.
Do or do not. There's no try.
EvilGrin

Post by EvilGrin »

brunomuska wrote:Man, I'm almost buying a 3DS only for this game... I love to come here and see what Wololo is doing to hack the Vita, but I stick to the current firmware because de Plus thing... Maybe I should pick the eCFW and download an ISO patched of MH3G in english... Crapcom doesn't want my money anyway.
I bought a 3ds pretty much just for that. It's gathering dust atm.
I'm also waiting for 2.02 exploit to play MHP3rd on the vita again >_>
My Consoles
[spoiler]PS Vita [WiFi] - OFW
PlayStation 3 Slim 320GB - OFW
XBOX 360 Slim 250GB - OFW
3DS XL Red - OFW[/spoiler]

Return to “Games”