Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Persona 4 Golden

Discuss official PS Vita games here
Schlupi

Re: Persona 4 Golden

Post by Schlupi » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:13 pm

CONFIRMED! Got 1.80 on.my Vita and Persona 4 Golden works without forcing update.
Advertising

nonekiller

Post by nonekiller » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Schlupi wrote:CONFIRMED! Got 1.80 on.my Vita and Persona 4 Golden works without forcing update.
Thanks for telling me, i just ran out and bought it, i can confirm it works on 1.80 in the NA version.
Advertising

carsauce

Post by carsauce » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:55 am

Persona 4 works on 1.81, I aint updating!

lilmetal

Post by lilmetal » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:52 am

I see the network features support 2-40 players online.
Anyone knows what the online modes entail...?

Schlupi

Post by Schlupi » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:35 am

lilmetal wrote:I see the network features support 2-40 players online.
Anyone knows what the online modes entail...?
You can get free items or something from people, and assist working through dungeons together or something.

Dcdoz

Post by Dcdoz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:31 pm

Lucky US people....ugh sucks to be in UK, pre-ordered and its been dispatched gonna take years to get here, oh wells currently whipped up persona 4 for ps2 and emulating it on PC xD ahhh the joys :)
PS Vita Piano Black 1.81 FW + eCFW (Mad Blocker Alpha) + 32GB :D
PSP 1000 CFW 5.00m33-6
PSP 2000 Limited edition Crisis core JAPANESE Anniversary Edition OFW 3.90 (For sale)
PSP 2000 FW-unknown, In bits :P
PSP GO CFW 6.60

digidude689

Post by digidude689 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:22 pm

so for anyone who has played this game already do you think its worth the money if i get it

Zephyr9227

Post by Zephyr9227 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:38 am

It's most definitely worth it! One of the best RPG's ever created, bar none. It has such a unique sense of personality about it, to be honest I kind of get the same feeling from it that I get from playing something like Borderlands, the feeling that the devs actually CARED to make a unique and interesting world that is able to constantly keep you coming back for me. Best game on the Vita, bar none.

As for the online features, whenever you're in the middle of a dungeon, you can tap a button to send a rescue request. If someone else responds to this request, you get healed somewhat. You can also browse the top 5 actions done on that day by other players, if you're having mixed opinions on what to do. Not the most useful online features, but they're new features on an already amazing game, so I'm not complaining.

bromanbro

Post by bromanbro » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:56 am

Zephyr9227 wrote:It's most definitely worth it! One of the best RPG's ever created, bar none. It has such a unique sense of personality about it, to be honest I kind of get the same feeling from it that I get from playing something like Borderlands, the feeling that the devs actually CARED to make a unique and interesting world that is able to constantly keep you coming back for me. Best game on the Vita, bar none.

As for the online features, whenever you're in the middle of a dungeon, you can tap a button to send a rescue request. If someone else responds to this request, you get healed somewhat. You can also browse the top 5 actions done on that day by other players, if you're having mixed opinions on what to do. Not the most useful online features, but they're new features on an already amazing game, so I'm not complaining.
Lol Borderlands. Borderlands 1 didn't even have a story, and Borderlands 2 just *** over any semblance of characters or story. Tiny Tina and Scooter are garbage.

The only interesting character was Handsome Jack, but I found a weird disconnect between the sidequest "Save my Grandmother" where he begs you to save his grandmother who's being raided by bandits. When you get to the house, you see [spoiler]his dead grandmother[/spoiler]and after killing the bandits, [spoiler]Jack thanks you for killing the bandits he hired to kill his grandmother, so he doesn't have to pay for them. So why does he pretend to care about Angel?[/spoiler]
Near the end of the main story, they tried to give him more then 1 dimension...[spoiler]the "oh god you killed my daughter I'll be hysterical now"[/spoiler] was such a blatant and unfounded (unrealistic) character switch. It's like at the end the writers were like "oh **** we need a story" and actual motivation for the bad guy". Even so, Handsome Jack was a good character. Everything else was forgettable and filled with Internet memes (THEY HAD A GUY IN SANCTUARY USE THE ARROW IN MY KNEE MEME!).

That aside, P4G works on 1.81, and is a fantastic game :D *hugs game box*. P4G and Zero's Escape are the best Vita games so far IMO.

Zephyr9227

Post by Zephyr9227 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:21 am

bromanbro wrote:
Zephyr9227 wrote:It's most definitely worth it! One of the best RPG's ever created, bar none. It has such a unique sense of personality about it, to be honest I kind of get the same feeling from it that I get from playing something like Borderlands, the feeling that the devs actually CARED to make a unique and interesting world that is able to constantly keep you coming back for me. Best game on the Vita, bar none.

Lol Borderlands. Borderlands 1 didn't even have a story, and Borderlands 2 just *** over any semblance of characters or story. Tiny Tina and Scooter are garbage.

The only interesting character was Handsome Jack, but I found a weird disconnect between the sidequest "Save my Grandmother" where he begs you to save his grandmother who's being raided by bandits. When you get to the house, you see [spoiler]his dead grandmother[/spoiler]and after killing the bandits, [spoiler]Jack thanks you for killing the bandits he hired to kill his grandmother, so he doesn't have to pay for them. So why does he pretend to care about Angel?[/spoiler]
Near the end of the main story, they tried to give him more then 1 dimension...[spoiler]the "oh god you killed my daughter I'll be hysterical now"[/spoiler] was such a blatant and unfounded (unrealistic) character switch. It's like at the end the writers were like "oh **** we need a story" and actual motivation for the bad guy". Even so, Handsome Jack was a good character. Everything else was forgettable and filled with Internet memes (THEY HAD A GUY IN SANCTUARY USE THE ARROW IN MY KNEE MEME!).

That aside, P4G works on 1.81, and is a fantastic game :D *hugs game box*. P4G and Zero's Escape are the best Vita games so far IMO.
I agree about Borderlands 1, the story was virtually non-existant. And while Borderlands 2's story certainly wasn't the best thing ever written, they both have a certain kind of attitude...its something that you'll either love or enjoy once you play it. That being said, I totally agree with what you said about Handsome Jack, every part. I really think they struggled with making an ending and not just a **** bag antagonist that calls you up every 5 minutes. Both games are still a blast, regardless, and I still think they have some of the most unique worlds in FPS type games.

ANYWAYS, back on topic, everyone buy P4G. IMO, it's the closest thing the Vita has to a killer-app. I think if 3rd party companies can see a niche game like this sell, then we'll be seeing far more games come to the Vita in the next few years. And beyond that, it's just excellent.

Return to “Games”