Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSV Required Firmware List - Need Volunteers

Discuss official PS Vita games here
zekepliskin

Re: PSV Required Firmware List - Need Volunteers

Post by zekepliskin »

Grim Fandango Remastered requires 3.36 and up I believe. Shame really, was hoping to play it on my 3.18 Vita since it came as one of the free games on PS+ this month.
Advertising
[TUTORIAL] Install TN-V11/TN-X On Vita FW 3.18

PS Vita 16GB (FW 3.51) - TN-V11 [Quikrazor87], Rejuvenate [Unity 1.06], PS1 Loader [TheFloW]
Nintendo O3DS XL 16GB (SysNAND 11.0) - A9LH, GBA VC, FBI, HBL, SuperCard DSTWO 2GB
Wii U, Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, PS4
fuctface

Post by fuctface »

zekepliskin wrote:Grim Fandango Remastered requires 3.36 and up I believe. Shame really, was hoping to play it on my 3.18 Vita since it came as one of the free games on PS+ this month.
Same, and I am actually thinking about losing pkg*installer and updating to 3.36 to play on Vita. I updated the wiki to reflect Grim Fandango a few weeks ago, but does anybody use the wiki?
Advertising
zekepliskin

Post by zekepliskin »

fuctface wrote:
zekepliskin wrote:Grim Fandango Remastered requires 3.36 and up I believe. Shame really, was hoping to play it on my 3.18 Vita since it came as one of the free games on PS+ this month.
Same, and I am actually thinking about losing pkg*installer and updating to 3.36 to play on Vita. I updated the wiki to reflect Grim Fandango a few weeks ago, but does anybody use the wiki?
Didn't even know there was one! I wouldn't be fussed about losing the PKG installer but I would about losing the PS1 Loader exploit. That would stop me updating. Can always play it on regular console anyway, since I'm on PS+.
[TUTORIAL] Install TN-V11/TN-X On Vita FW 3.18

PS Vita 16GB (FW 3.51) - TN-V11 [Quikrazor87], Rejuvenate [Unity 1.06], PS1 Loader [TheFloW]
Nintendo O3DS XL 16GB (SysNAND 11.0) - A9LH, GBA VC, FBI, HBL, SuperCard DSTWO 2GB
Wii U, Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, PS4
fuctface

Post by fuctface »

zekepliskin wrote:
fuctface wrote:
Didn't even know there was one! I wouldn't be fussed about losing the PKG installer but I would about losing the PS1 Loader exploit. That would stop me updating. Can always play it on regular console anyway, since I'm on PS+.
On page one of this thread theres like an edit or something adding a link to the wiki page which is here--> http://wololo.net/wiki/psvita:gamesfw Im not sure if the owner of this thread is still active, and although I lurk on here a lot I dont often contribute I think its a good idea to try to keep this going. Lately when the new PS+ games are out I check this thread to see if the required firmware is already up. Last time when Grim Fandango came up I checked and it wasn't in the thread so I wondered why not, its a popular game and not brand new so I actually read the first post and discovered the list on the Wiki. I am not sure if this thread is caught up with the Wiki, but I would be willing to put some time into it if Im not the only one who gives a ****. The wiki is concise and searchable. I think I will PM the owner of this thread or tag him or something.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

fuctface wrote: On page one of this thread theres like an edit or something adding a link to the wiki page which is here--> http://wololo.net/wiki/psvita:gamesfw Im not sure if the owner of this thread is still active, and although I lurk on here a lot I dont often contribute I think its a good idea to try to keep this going. Lately when the new PS+ games are out I check this thread to see if the required firmware is already up. Last time when Grim Fandango came up I checked and it wasn't in the thread so I wondered why not, its a popular game and not brand new so I actually read the first post and discovered the list on the Wiki. I am not sure if this thread is caught up with the Wiki, but I would be willing to put some time into it if Im not the only one who gives a ****. The wiki is concise and searchable. I think I will PM the owner of this thread or tag him or something.
I use it a lot, only seldomly contribute though. Even though one can look up a games release date and get a vague idea which firmware it may require, knowing exactly what firmware is very nice.
Ubergeek77

Post by Ubergeek77 »

Would anyone be able to tell me what firmware Phantasy Star Online 2 needs? It's on the JP PSN, and it's free.

And that REALLY sucks that Sword Are Online: Lost Song requires 3.52. I was just about to buy it.

Is there really no way to play it without updating? Not even if I buy the digital version and transfer it over using a PS3 or something?
ViRGE

Post by ViRGE »

I don't suppose anyone knows what firmware Lego Marvel Avengers requires? I'm going to guess it's 3.55, but I'm curious if anyone who actually has it knows more.
binebina

Post by binebina »

Ubergeek77 wrote:Would anyone be able to tell me what firmware Phantasy Star Online 2 needs? It's on the JP PSN, and it's free.

And that REALLY sucks that Sword Are Online: Lost Song requires 3.52. I was just about to buy it.

Is there really no way to play it without updating? Not even if I buy the digital version and transfer it over using a PS3 or something?
There is a solution for you :-) You can buy the game for PS4 or PS3. Or get the English Asian Vita Version of the game (since its retail I bought this version and I'm playing it on 3.51) (I think it came out in April 2015). Downside is you cant use the DLC without an Asian PSn Acc.
Daniel_Davies85

Post by Daniel_Davies85 »

Sorry to anybody who uses this thread. I had a busy year last year and didn't get as much opportunity as I hoped I would to keep this up to date, or play my Vita for that matter. If anybody else is willing to take over the reigns then that would be excellent as it is an extremely helpful thread.

I'm sure Wololo would be happy to assign a new editor were he asked.

Also, Trails of Cold Steel (PAL) works on 3.55 but I'm not sure what the required is.

Sorry again if anybody feels I let them down by not updating as much as I had hoped to.

Kindest regards,
Dan.
ViRGE

Post by ViRGE »

ViRGE wrote:I don't suppose anyone knows what firmware Lego Marvel Avengers requires? I'm going to guess it's 3.55, but I'm curious if anyone who actually has it knows more.
I found the answer to this elsewhere. It is indeed 3.55.

Return to “Games”