Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Games you regret buying?

Discuss official PS Vita games here
EnigmoEnigmo

Games you regret buying?

Post by EnigmoEnigmo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm getting buyers remorse for a few of the games i bought. Here's my list:

Foosball
Reason: This game is awfully glitchy. I once kicked the ball off the table and it landed in the other persons goal. (Though in retrospect that's a good thing :lol:) Other times i can kick it into the persons goal and it bounces right back out without me scoring :evil: Plus, the game gets real old, real fast.

Soundshapes
Reason: Soundshapes, while a great game in the overall spect, got really old. I love making my own levels, but the fact that you don't really get much recognition unless you have friends who play it (in which a lot of my friends don't) is really irritating. It's also kinda suckish that you can't download levels rather than you can only play them online. Sometimes i wanna take em on the go. It sucks that you can't control the time the notes last on the beat. It's ALWAYS 3 screens. You should at least be able to control it.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Reason: OK, don't shoot me. I actually do like this game...when it's playable. I'm a total newb/noob at it. I'm at rookie level right now. Guess who i get matched up against? 9th Lords! I get one hit in (At best) And then lose all 3 of my characters. Yes, i know that probably means i suck at it, but i would at least like to be matched up against players of my own speed. That is, if i could EVER get matched up. The game takes about 20 Minutes of clicking the "Failed to find opponent" button and "Find an opponent" button. It's rare that i ever get matched up, and when i do, i can't even celebrate because it's a 9th Lord :x

Anybody agree? Disagree? and also, do you regret buying any games I haven't listed?
Advertising

keane

Re: Games you regret buying?

Post by keane » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:23 pm

I really really, do not like Modnation, yes the game play is good, but then there is no story o.0 and no online, I haven't found a way to share actual levels only costumes, though I didn't actually buy this game, just swapped it with another game that is actually graphically awesome, Uncharted, as I got sooo annoyed when I deleted my application data of uncharted, so my friend could get trophies on it, where I realized, big mistake! I just deleted my whole save data forever as I had never done a backup before that, nevermind, I know he enjoys the game :) (I have already completed the story and had my own fun ;) )
Advertising

xjosx

Post by xjosx » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I just couldn't get into it for some reason. It lacked any depth when starting off and just seemed too repetitive. Ended up just selling it on eBay.

And I disagree on SoundShapes. I haven't tried the level creator, but for $12, the single player levels were rather well done and a treat to play. My only qualm is that there weren't enough of them. :(

Mozame Mogki

Post by Mozame Mogki » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Buying unit 13,
tradeing in wipeout for a psn card to get psp games.

simplyawesome

Post by simplyawesome » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:40 pm

regretting the fact i ditched rayman to uncharted when rayman is x10 times better imo.

TelcoLou

Post by TelcoLou » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Katamari .. WAY too short.
TelcoLou ..... Playing Video Games since 1977, and still going strong!

Zyrkl

Post by Zyrkl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Unit 13. It's so boring, and repetitive. Also the Ai is very dumb.
2x Psp 1000 M33 5.00 CFW
Psp 2000 (Bricked)
Psp 3000 6.20 CFW
2x Ps Vita 3G 1.81 eCFW

EnigmoEnigmo

Post by EnigmoEnigmo » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:34 pm

xjosx wrote:Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I just couldn't get into it for some reason. It lacked any depth when starting off and just seemed too repetitive. Ended up just selling it on eBay.

And I disagree on SoundShapes. I haven't tried the level creator, but for $12, the single player levels were rather well done and a treat to play. My only qualm is that there weren't enough of them. :(
Single player is great, but I originally bought the game for the level creator & online community. The level creator is very limited as to what you can do with it. If you could at least make your own sounds, then we might could get somewhere. Plus you can't determine how long the beats last. Always 3 screens. sometimes you need more, sometimes you need less. The online community is kinda....weak. You can't comment on others levels. It'd be nice to be able to give feedback. You can't rate it properly either. You either like it or favorite it. No dislike? Online is really all this game can rely on if they don't do more single player.

KrewOwns

Post by KrewOwns » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:16 pm

To an extent I regret buying Resistance: Burning Skies.

I enjoyed the single player for all it's worth, but the online play was what I was most excited for. Well at this state the online is severely crippled, I don't know why a patch hasn't been released yet. Its supposedly been sent out, but that was on August 15th, it's been way too long and the game feels abandoned.

If the patch ever gets released, and fixes major game breaking online bugs, then I'll retract my regret of purchasing the game.

Which I highly doubt it will. :cry:

Lvdisturbed1

Post by Lvdisturbed1 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm gonna have to agree with Unit 13. The game is fun...for the first 30 mins. Then you realize how repetitive it is, especially with rehashed maps Dragon Age 2 style. The only other Vita games I own are UMvC and Dynasty Warriors. I purchased FFIV, FF:Tactics, and MHFU to pass some time, but overall am disappointed with my Vita in general.

Return to “Games”