Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP ProQuake 4.71 Fork -- Prompt Menu (C/C++ Help Required)

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
darkduke606

PSP ProQuake 4.71 Fork -- Prompt Menu (C/C++ Help Required)

Post by darkduke606 »

Edit: Figured it out :-)

A bit of pretext, I've been working on compiling a best of user-created Quake campaigns and mission packs that function on the PSP. I've taken Baker's original ProQuake 4.71 source code(Based on MDave's Kurok 0.4 Engine) and compiled a 64MB slim eboot version, which is more optimized and geared for a wider range of custom campaign/mod support. I've nearly finished compiling the collection of great Quake mods that can run on the PSP and the final step is adding functionality to easily switch between mods upon the launch of the eboot. Currently, the user has to manually modify the quake.cmdline file located in the root of the eboot folder, with the following argument "-game modpath". This can be tedious to edit on a PSP while trying to switch between game/mod folders, and requires the user to have a text editor available on the PSP.

Fortunately for us, a simpler method already exists. The code resides in an earlier iteration of Quake, specifically PSPQuake 1.1 by Juraj Styk. In this version of Quake for PSP, Juraj added the argument "-prompt" which can be enabled by added the "-prompt" command to the quake.cmdline file in the root of the respective eboot directory. This "-prompt" function opens a debug menu on initial launch of the eboot, via built-in code in the pspdebug header. In this simple menu, one can select a game directory path, cpu speed and heap size/memory allocation.

What I'm looking to do is transcribe this piece of code from the original PSPQuake 1.1 main.cpp file to the superior ProQuake 4.71 engine. Both of the cpp files are extremely similar and I don't believe it would take much effort for an experienced C/C++ programmer. I myself have tried transcribing it multiple times to no avail and have been tumbling further and further down a rabbit hole. Every time I go to compile the new code I'm met with an onslaught of compiling errors, none of which are due to header issues.

Linked here are the files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6earw98bfmma ... v6DKa?dl=0

All this being said and done, I'm looking to have someone help me transcribe this code over so we can release a great platform/collection of mods for Quake on PSP! If anybody is interested in helping me, please reach out. I don't believe it will take much time and I have a fully functioning enviroment to compile the code, complete with the latest version of the pspsdk and psptoolchain. I'm happy to buy you pizza and beer in return for your help in this project :-) I have all the source code and I'm happy to send it to anybody interest in helping. I may start a github for sanity sake...

Cheers!

Here are some screenshots of the various mods running on PSP! http://imgur.com/a/ALmR5

Edit: I tried posting this thread once though it doesn't seem to have posted anywhere! If this is a duplicate thread, please delete my earlier posting. (Mod edit - done)
Advertising

Return to “Programming and Security”