Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

lib to stream a video

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
kertrej

lib to stream a video

Post by kertrej »

Hi, i'm pretty a newbie on psp programming (but not in programming).

I have got a project to create a robot with a raspberry pi, and control it by the psp.
It's just the first step; After, i wana make a quadricopter. :twisted:

So, here i'm :
I've already make the robot, plus motors, plus picamera, plus a servomotor.
All of this work perfectly. 8-)

I start from a old homebrew with the sources (psp wirless controler ). I change some lines to return keypad enter.
From raspi side, i rewrigth entirely the server script because i wanted specifics orders to control my robot.

So now, I wanna ad a video stream to see what is saw by my robot. I thinking about send video stream to the psp (it could be easy from raspi side), but i don't find how to get it on the psp side :geek:

I look for a lib, tuto or sources of an homebrew able to do this.
A lot of links for psp programming are dead know (R.I.P.).
In fact, i also want that my screen print an border at the bottom (20 px) with the robot status (battery level, record state, ...), and all the rest print the video.

THank you for your help.
PS : i don't know, but maybe there are more lib on vita now, not ? Or better internet on it ?
Do you think it could be easier to dev on vita, and easy to port my currently homebrew ?
Advertising
kertrej

Re: lib to stream a video

Post by kertrej »

Come on !
more than 40 view and not an anser or a clue ?!

Nobody know something to start please ?

I've found some homebrew with the same concept than me, but i haven't found the source code ...
Advertising
kertrej

Post by kertrej »

SO, as I have any anser, i will continue (don't be shy, you can said you don't know ;-) )

I want send (psp keys status) and receive (robot stat/video) data from wifi in the same time.
Have you any idea on how i can do that.

A more general question : Do you know a good site with advanced tutos ? The only that i found are on print an hello world, make a loop or simply things like this ...

On last question : Can i use the same lib on psp than on pc ?

Thank you
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

This is something no one has done before (I beleive) so obviously it's gonna be hard to find an answer. This isn't the 2010/11 days where the PSP scene was booming. Have you tried looking at this site? http://lukasz.dk/mirror/forums.ps2dev.o ... .html?f=14
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
kertrej

Post by kertrej »

Well.
This is a good start.
I know that the psp scene is no more what it was. As i said, a lot of people go away, but for the moment, the psp still the best choice for a project as mine.
I will take a look at your link, It a backup of ps2dev forums ? I found a lo of link to it, but it'seem that it no more a the good location.
Joel16

Post by Joel16 »

kertrej wrote:Well.
This is a good start.
I know that the psp scene is no more what it was. As i said, a lot of people go away, but for the moment, the psp still the best choice for a project as mine.
I will take a look at your link, It a backup of ps2dev forums ? I found a lo of link to it, but it'seem that it no more a the good location.
Don't know if its a backup, but I'm sure their sites are no longer running. You've got quite a project there haha, good luck :)
"Forever in darkness, a guardian devil."
kertrej

Post by kertrej »

I a problem (the net socket isn't clear for me).
It's could be very basic, but i didn't found how to send data from PC to psp, even a string.
Did you know specific examples/tuto to do this ?
I've try looking to the source of a netcat homebrew on psp, but it's doesn't work. Surely a psp problem.

Do you know if on the pc side, we can send and recieve at the same time by netcat ?
For example, for the moment I use two netcat instance on linux. The first receive data from psp, and work well, the second send data to the same port. I don't know if it hte good way to do this ...

Return to “Programming and Security”