Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSPLink interferes with VHBL... sorta

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Rolx

PSPLink interferes with VHBL... sorta

Post by Rolx »

Hey guys, i'm developing my own exploit and trying to port it on vita, but recently i came into a strange problem. I'm testing the exploit on psp 6.60 PRO-C2. When I have psplink.prx plugin enabled, hbl loads without a problem and runs some homebrew successfully (seems there is not too much free memory but still). And when i disable the plugin to test it more like in vita condition (without psplink), exploit loads and crashes on "Freeing up memory, -- done" and psp shuts down. Can anyone help me with this issue? i can post some info when i get home if you're willing to help :)
Advertising
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Re: PSPLink interferes with VHBL... sorta

Post by Acid_Snake »

wrong section, moving to PSP->Security
Advertising
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

PSPLink installs an exception handler, because of that a crashing thread will not stop the execution of the whole program. Instead the other threads just run on like normal. So maybe the crash always happens but you don't notice since PSPLink swallows it.

If you have PSPLink connected with the PC, do you get an exception displayed? The message would probably be garbled because of the HBL messages appearing at the same time.
Rolx

Post by Rolx »

JJS wrote:PSPLink installs an exception handler, because of that a crashing thread will not stop the execution of the whole program. Instead the other threads just run on like normal. So maybe the crash always happens but you don't notice since PSPLink swallows it.

If you have PSPLink connected with the PC, do you get an exception displayed? The message would probably be garbled because of the HBL messages appearing at the same time.
I don't have a crash and no exception displayed in psplink debug, when i have the plugin turned on, strange i guess. I even write disasm $epc to check if there's an exception when the hbl menu loads, but there is no output

Return to “Programming and Security”