Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS3 packages and how it leads to PSP signing

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
Mathieulh
Guru

Re: PS3 packages and how it leads to PSP signing

Post by Mathieulh »

VllnHalf wrote:Okay, I think we've confirmed it probably works on all PSPs; So let's let the developers get back to work.

m0skit0; being people like to talk about this. Do you think it would be cool if I made a decision topic about it in the homebrew, general, or offtopic section? That would probably keep the spam down.
I think that's a good idea, we need to keep this topic as development related as possible.
Advertising
---
PGP Fingerprint: DF46 8C79 5D1A 76FF 75B2 C345 4679 EDEF 1B5B B192
Public Key: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1B5BB192

Proof: https://keybase.io/mathieulh
coyotebean
Guru

Post by coyotebean »

kgsws wrote:
coyotebean wrote:Since 6.30, I believe the only files left with CMAC "signature" are games, for compatibility reason. All firmware files are signed with ECDSA and CMAC files will not load. And the irony about kernel modules is: you need kernel access to replace a kernel module
Yes, but 6.20 can be used as base. I think there is downgrader for 6.35, ins't it?

If it works on 6.20, it will bring back old times where custom firmware used 1.50 kernel as base to load newer one :)
Just remember, for 6.20 and lower, we can hijack updater EBOOT to have kernel access just like Datel's Action Replay does.
Advertising
GBASP x1, GBM x2, NDSL x2, PSP 100X x3, PSP 200X x6, PSP 300X x5, PSP Go x4, Wii x1
JJS
Big Beholder

Post by JJS »

Posts not directly related to development will again be deleted from now on. Nothing personal.
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

VllnHalf wrote:m0skit0; being people like to talk about this. Do you think it would be cool if I made a decision topic about it in the homebrew, general, or offtopic section? That would probably keep the spam down.
Yes, PLEASE do so :lol:
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
minhjirachi

Post by minhjirachi »

How to find the PSP key and how to encrypted the eboot to see the sign key? Which soft I have to use?
Cloudy

Post by Cloudy »

coyotebean wrote:
kgsws wrote:This trick might be possible on firmware kernel modules to get permanent HEN on non-pandrorable PSPs, i was not able to do it but i was not trying that much.
Since 6.30, I believe the only files left with CMAC "signature" are games, for compatibility reason. All firmware files are signed with ECDSA and CMAC files will not load. And the irony about kernel modules is: you need kernel access to replace a kernel module
Is it too much to hope that Sony **** up the ECDSA implementation just like on the PS3? :p Although that algorithm is done in software, and they can always change it next firmware version without much effort - they'd just need to change the signing of all their modules. Games are still signed the old way.

Great work. Even if it is just pure usermode homebrew, it will still be sufficient for most homebrew purposes :-)
m0skit0
Guru

Post by m0skit0 »

Removed useless/off-topic posts.
minhjirachi wrote:How to find the PSP key and how to encrypted the eboot to see the sign key? Which soft I have to use?
Already answered, read the thread.
I wanna lots of mov al,0xb
"just not into this RA stuffz"
kgsws
Guru

Post by kgsws »

I am still not able to run "signed" homebrews with bigger executable size. It runs in CFW but not in OFW. I tried to copy module info block, still nothing. That is strange, why it works in CFW?

It returns error 0x80020148, that is not helpful.
chapix

Post by chapix »

kgsws wrote: It is easy to craft last 16 bytes of encrypted data block to match header CMAC - yes, that's the trick :)
How did you generate the last 16 bytes?

http://www.mediafire.com/?bxytl2pb8e0uys3 is modified prxdecrypt (jas0nuk) in order to get Encrypt AES_game and Encrypt CMAC game_key ( game_key:0x00 -0x10 and CMAC KEY:0x10 - 0x20 )
This prxdecrypt save file in PSP/GAME/prxdecryptfolder.

PS:
You can decrypt these two keys with AES_cbc_decrypt(&KirKMasterKey,EncryptKeys,DecryptKeys,2*16);
After getting DecryptKeys you can encrypt your own Elf file.
Last edited by chapix on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Lemon Man

Post by The Lemon Man »

I keep getting cmac hashes error for data block, does the buffer needs to get padded to 0x40 boundary or something ?

EDIT : The header CMAC hash is ok
EDIT2 : After a bit more searching i found that my block differs from original one of 0xF bytes, is that normal ?
Last edited by The Lemon Man on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Programming and Security”