Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS3 packages and how it leads to PSP signing

Forum rules
Forum rule Nº 15 is strictly enforced in this subforum.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: PS3 packages and how it leads to PSP signing

Post by wololo »

to deactivate relocation type 7, I think it can be done by adding -mno-gpopt in the compilation settings (otherwise it's probably doable to patch the prx with a script that changes all relocation type 7 to type 0, because apparently that's good enough, according to both liquidzigong and jpcsp devs).
I'll check tonight with Wagic and see if it helps. But I also remember when working on HBL that there are not so many homebrews with this type of relocation (everything built on JGE++, but that's pretty much it), so I think this is not the only issue.
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
carlosgs

Post by carlosgs »

arnold wrote:CFW checks the SFO for large memory. OFW doesn't check that. The only problem with that is the app would simply crash if it attempts to allocate memory, but it should still load and not return to the XMB with an error.
Thank you! That has helped me.

I have posted a port of the signing code for the PSP, so it is possible to sign an EBOOT from a psp with OFW installed :-)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1899
Advertising
some1
HBL Collaborator

Post by some1 »

chapix wrote:UPDATE.7z - 5.37MB is signed Eboot with updater keys.
I'm not sure if this was overlooked or ignored but its seems legit, an update running a printf

(feel free to delete if you want...)
way to keep a secret malloxis...erm jeerum
Hmm, a demo user mode exploit doesn't seem as important anymore, I wonder why... xP
kgsws
Guru

Post by kgsws »

Wololo wrote:to deactivate relocation type 7, I think it can be done by adding -mno-gpopt in the compilation settings (otherwise it's probably doable to patch the prx with a script that changes all relocation type 7 to type 0, because apparently that's good enough, according to both liquidzidong and jpcsp devs).
I'll check tonight with Wagic and see if it helps. But I also remember when working on HBL that there are not so many homebrews with this type of relocation (everything built on JGE++, but that's pretty much it), so I think this is not the only issue.
Solved. Replacing all relocations type 7 with 0 allows OFW to run any PRX. Now lets see if game continues to work ...
Anyway, for some reason i failed to use -mno-gpopt ...

Code: Select all

cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-mno-gpopt"
EDIT: hmm, game works ... i wonder what is relocation type 7 for, if game works even after removing that
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

kgsws wrote:EDIT: hmm, game works ... i wonder what is relocation type 7 for, if game works even after removing that
Awesome :)
reloc 7 tells to relocate some parts of the code to a position relative to gp instead of an absolute position. I think the point is to do everything on 4bytes instead of 8 (goes faster?). But the thing is that, for some reason, most homebrews that have relocation type 7 actually don't use it, or use it as if it was relocation type 0.
Sorry for my unclear explanation, I am myself quite confused about how the relocation can claim to be relative to an offset, when it's actually absolute...
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
hamedia

Post by hamedia »

Since you're all talking about relocation type 7, and whatnot, I thought of putting a compatibility list of tested homebrews myself. Expect the list to grow..
This could help devs in many ways..

Working:
(Homebrews here are stable and working)
  • The first signed PSP Homebrew: Reflection
  • PSCrypter - Sign anything from the PSP with OFW
  • Ad-HOC file transfer v0.7 by Minerva

Semi-Working:
(Homebrews here can get past the error, and go in the actual eboot, however the application has it's own internal error)

• New PSAR Dumper for 6.35 (I'm in 6.20 maybe that's why I get this error ?)
  • Ploader (ISO Loader). (Works, but it fails when it comes to load an ISO/CSO).
Not Working at all:
(Can be opened, however, it's followed by a 80020148 error)
  • PSP Ident v0.70
  • Bookr v0.71 & v0.82
  • heck Cat's Recovery Flasher v1.60
  • IRShell 5.0
  • JellyCar 1.1
  • gpSP kai 3.2
  • Mario the Homebrew
  • CaveStory
  • (All popular emulators including Deadulus 64)
ptpspDev

Post by ptpspDev »

hamedia wrote:Since you're all talking about relocation type 7, and whatnot, I thought of putting a compatibility list of tested homebrews myself. Expect the list to grow..
This could help devs in many ways..

Working:
(Homebrews here are stable and working)
  • The first signed PSP Homebrew: Reflection
  • PSCrypter - Sign anything from the PSP with OFW
  • Ad-HOC file transfer v0.7 by Minerva
I can confirm that Geecko's Cube3D anaglyph demo also compiles and runs properly.
Mathieulh
Guru

Post by Mathieulh »

All of these non working homebrews you tried either need kernel mode of cfw specific features such as kubridge. Signed homebrews from 6.30 and onward will only work if they are user mode and rely on official nids.
---
PGP Fingerprint: DF46 8C79 5D1A 76FF 75B2 C345 4679 EDEF 1B5B B192
Public Key: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1B5BB192

Proof: https://keybase.io/mathieulh
arnold

Post by arnold »

Try Bugz by InsertWittyName. If that loads after being signed... then it shouldn't be the problem I posted.

-arnold
ptpspDev

Post by ptpspDev »

arnold wrote:Try Bugz by InsertWittyName. If that loads after being signed... then it shouldn't be the problem I posted.

-arnold
From what I saw, it runs from a standalone Lua script launcher. I tested compiling the Lua Player, and it doesn't run either. I doubt Bugz would either.

Return to “Programming and Security”