Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Any good "hackme" programs/sites for beginers?

Discuss security issues on computers here.
Content that is judged "dangerous" might be removed without prior notice
Nickolas

Any good "hackme" programs/sites for beginers?

Post by Nickolas »

Hello everybody! I've been looking into exploits for a while and now I feel ready to try and hack something. Could you recommend any programs/websites that are made for people to try and hack them? Thanks in advance! :)
Advertising
Mozame Mogki

Re: Any good "hackme" programs/sites for beginers?

Post by Mozame Mogki »

http://www.hackthissite.org/

Has basic training and then you can move onto hacking website polls and other things all just to get you use to the idea of finding exploits but nothing hard
Advertising
kinganu123

Post by kinganu123 »

lurk around different hack forums. they always have a decent tutorial or two...
try hackforums, for example. its the first link on google.
zero7starz

Post by zero7starz »

If you have an iPhone or iPad there is a hack game called HackRUN. It is a rpg game that is totally played through a simulated "terminal" (or command line) type of interface, and you are essentially hacking through the game to discover things, and discover new ways to get to new data. It doesn't really teach you anything about hacking, but its fun and a good practice for mindset.
Jd8531

Post by Jd8531 »

I have a site bookmarked that allows people to practice hacking it, ill look for it.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

Mozame Mogki wrote:http://www.hackthissite.org/

Has basic training and then you can move onto hacking website polls and other things all just to get you use to the idea of finding exploits but nothing hard
I have been through every single one of the program hacking challenges yet I have no skills which I can apply to hacking my Vita :cry:
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl"
vibrocil

Post by vibrocil »

hgoel0974 wrote:

I have been through every single one of the program hacking challenges yet I have no skills which I can apply to hacking my Vita :cry:
Try learning C & Linux... Ready? Learn to make your own drivers and learn hardwareprogramming...Ready? Program your own OS and compiler for an ARM chip and port it to a psp... Next try to understand printboard of the Vita, get the firmware of the chip, decompile it, modify it, upload it again. By the time you are able to do all these things, you will have sufficient and usefull knowledge to hack your Vita, if you don't, you can stop trying.
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

vibrocil wrote:
hgoel0974 wrote:

Try learning C & Linux... Ready? Learn to make your own drivers and learn hardwareprogramming...Ready? Program your own OS and compiler for an ARM chip and port it to a psp... Next try to understand printboard of the Vita, get the firmware of the chip, decompile it, modify it, upload it again. By the time you are able to do all these things, you will have sufficient and usefull knowledge to hack your Vita, if you don't, you can stop trying.
some of that stuff I can partially do 8-)
I have made a VERY simple OS in C# using COSMOS and about the stuff that you are saying like make an OS for ARM and port it to the PSP, that hasn't been done by anyone yet and anyway, how do you think you are going to port ARM assembly to MIPS ;) I know more than what you think, it is just that my knowledge doesn't apply much to consoles
NNNRT

Post by NNNRT »

@hgoel0974 You aren't our future Frostegater. :( :lol:
hgoel0974
Retired Mod

Post by hgoel0974 »

NNNRT wrote:@hgoel0974 You aren't our future Frostegater. :( :lol:
Maybe if I had a PSP, I would be but yeah not the future frosty. But now that I am getting into homebrew development and have some projects going on (ATM in python), maybe the next big homebrew writer?

Return to “Security”