Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

topics for security blogs

Discuss security issues on computers here.
Content that is judged "dangerous" might be removed without prior notice
thekamikazepr

topics for security blogs

Post by thekamikazepr »

So im starting like a online portfolio for "challenging" a security class for school.

If decent enough i will make it a blog.
If authorized by wololo I can post articles here aswell if not. I won't point any reference at all to where it is. I did not join this forum for marketin purposes .

Anyways what LEGAL stuff you think general audience would love to know in my protfolio/ blog?

Until now i was thinking like " parental controls spyware"

Its spyware designated for parent to spy lets say ion theyr 8 yr old.

Lets be realistic all my 5-8 year old cousins have facebook accounts....

The focus will be more oriented for home/family. No business no enterprise and like stated....

NOTHING ILLEGAL

as in no hacking, no cracking no blakhat no grey hat.
Advertising
thevoiceover

Re: topics for security blogs

Post by thevoiceover »

I am father of 5 kids (still in my 30's) and love gaming, looking forward to helping in which ways I could/can..
Advertising
Xian Nox
Retired Mod

Post by Xian Nox »

I'm sorry if I'm being unhelpful here, but this topic just rubs me the wrong way.
thekamikazepr wrote:Until now i was thinking like " parental controls spyware"
Any parent using these is a failure as a parent imho. I'd rather talk with my kids and have them trust me than spy on them in these ridiculously obvious ways. That's what my parents did, and I'm glad it went this way. Not to mention most kids being better than their parents when it comes to computers and anything related, and they are fast to adapt. In such a case, using this type of software is even more meaningless.
thekamikazepr

Post by thekamikazepr »

Xian Nox wrote:I'm sorry if I'm being unhelpful here, but this topic just rubs me the wrong way.
thekamikazepr wrote:Until now i was thinking like " parental controls spyware"
Any parent using these is a failure as a parent imho. I'd rather talk with my kids and have them trust me than spy on them in these ridiculously obvious ways. That's what my parents did, and I'm glad it went this way. Not to mention most kids being better than their parents when it comes to computers and anything related, and they are fast to adapt. In such a case, using this type of software is even more meaningless.
I accept your point of view man and its true I was raised that way aswell still. Not all parents have the trust of theyr kids (no matter how nice and good they are to theyr kid). And this is supposed to be one this tools come in place.

Note I did not create it, and I do agree with you that communication should be option #1.

Yet imagine lets take an example a mother thats worried about her kid, she has the "talk" several times with him yet he continues hes activitie (or atleast she suspects so)

Using such tool will clear her mind and can show that a) she was right b) she was wrong and if so should appologize to her kid for not thrusting him.

I personally would not do it with my kids. I dont do it with my niece (shes 6) and used to live in my same house hold until a few months ago.

Still there are other options not only spying on ur kids like. How to know if your neighbor is stealing internet from you (yes people cant determine this).

How to make ur home WIFI more secure.

Basic stuff most people in this forum already know but for many it would be something they thought imposible.

EG my aunt refuses to put encryption on her wifi because theres "no risks" and is easier for her to connect than remembering silly passwords

Return to “Security”