Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Release] ScummVM PSP development version 2.1.0git

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
rsn8887

[Release] ScummVM PSP development version 2.1.0git

Post by rsn8887 »

EDIT: Updated, see below.

ScummVM PSP development version 2.1.0git-rsn8887.4

This is a working build of ScummVM for the PSP based on 2.1.0git development source from 2017-01-04.

This is for anyone who wants to test out the latest development version of ScummVM PSP until the ScummVM buildbot is switched over to the new Docker-based buildbot system and official PSP daily builds start working again.
Recent PSP-related changes:
  • Implemented smooth mouse cursor motion and control options where one can change mouse cursor speed and joystick deadzone settings.
  • Add new graphics mode "Fit to Screen." This mode replaces the "4:3 Aspect Ratio" and "Keep Aspect Ratio" modes. The new "Fit to Screen" mode makes proper use of the "Aspect Ratio Correction" checkbox setting. If the checkbox is set, the aspect ratio will be forced to 4:3, useful for games like Full Throttle. If the checkbox is not set, the aspect ratio will be the original game aspect ratio, useful for games like Dreamweb.
  • Add new graphics mode "4:3 Aspect Ratio" (dam-soft, digitall, rsn8887) Now the user has the choice between the old graphics mode "Keep Aspect Ratio," good for 16:10 games like Dreamweb, and a new mode "4:3 Aspect Ratio," good for 4:3 games like Full Throttle.
Download link:
https://github.com/rsn8887/scummvm/releases
Advertising
Last edited by rsn8887 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:40 am, edited 6 times in total.
Oldvic

Re: [Release] ScummVM PSP development version 2.1.0git

Post by Oldvic »

Thanks for this. The corrected 4:3 aspect ratio looks good.
Found a bug. 'Override global graphic settings' in 'Edit game' is now broken. It will always use the global' graphic setting, making it impossible to set the ratio uniquely for each game. v1.90 worked fine.
Another bug (although this exists in previous versions) is the 'Override global volume settings' option in 'Edit game'. When you start a game with this option enabled, the 'Global' volume setting is used, at least until you press start in-game to bring up the menu, then select 'resume' game. Only after you do this the 'Override' volume settings are used.
Advertising
Last edited by Oldvic on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

I will look into this. Could you also try the latest version here
www.github.com/rsn8887/scummvm/releases

In the latest version, the aspect ratio checkbox is used to select aspect ratio, instead of a new screen mode. Maybe this also fixes the override global graphics settings problem.
Oldvic

Post by Oldvic »

Thanks rsn8887. I've been testing the .4 version today.
Many thanks for adding the control options. They were badly needed, and makes the whole Scummvm experience on the PSP much better.

The 'Aspect ratio correction' checkbox works well and does override the global graphics mode in 'Edit game'. It also works the other way eg. if it is set in global, you can deselect it in edit game. But the individual graphics modes still don't override like they did in v1.9.0. For example, say we set our global graphics options to 'Fit to screen' and 'Aspect ratio correction' is checked. We then go to 'Edit game' for any game, tick 'Override global' graphic settings', uncheck 'Aspect ratio correction' and select 'Stretch to screen'. This game should now fill the screen of the PSP, but it doesn't. Instead it is always using the 'Fit to screen' mode. The only way around this is to set 'Stretch to screen' in global settings. So this part is still broken compared to v1.9.0 and earlier. Also, I'm not sure whether this is relevant, but the 'Fullscreen mode' checkbox is correctly greyed out in global settings, but isn't in the graphic options of 'Edit game' when you enable 'Override global' graphic settings', and always checks itself whenever you edit and save the graphics options for any game.

The audio bug I mentioned above you can ignore. After doing some testing, I discovered it is present in v1.90 and v2.0.0 on all the versions I tried (PC, Openpandora, Opendingux and PSP). It seems to have been introduced after 1.7.0 as it isn't in that version and earlier. Also, only some games are affected (Beneath a Steel Sky is one).
rsn8887

Post by rsn8887 »

Thanks for the detailed report I’ll see what I can do.

Return to “Emulators”