Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PSP GO 6.61 CFW Erasing Rom Save file

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
JackPackage

PSP GO 6.61 CFW Erasing Rom Save file

Post by JackPackage »

Hey guys, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

My PSP GO has been doing something a little strange. I'll play various roms using gpsp and masterboy, and I'll save the game normally and successfully. But when I power off my psp and reboot, my new save file is gone and it reverts to my first initial save file for the game.

This has happened on several games.

My PSP is using the Infinity Firmware to make the custom firmware permanent. It always boots up in the CFW, so that shouldn't be an issue. Furthermore, some games retain their save file and some doesn't. I have a Pokemon Fire Red save file from a couple years ago.

I'm just curious why this is happened to certain games and why this is happening at all. Makes it frustrating to play anything knowing it will maybe get deleted!

Thanks in advance.
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: PSP GO 6.61 CFW Erasing Rom Save file

Post by fate6 »

iirc those emulators write the save only when you exit from their exit option, if you exit the emu with the home button or power off it never writes the save.
Its been a while but at least with gpSP it has an option to write the moment there is a change in the save instead of on exit.

Could also be something else but this is the first thing to come to mind.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
dmaskell92

Re: PSP GO 6.61 CFW Erasing Rom Save file

Post by dmaskell92 »

You hit the nail on the head with that one.

In GPSP open settings, go to "Language and other options", and set "Update backup" to Automatic.
By default it's exit only, that means it won't save unless you open the GPSP menu and hit "Exit GPSP".

I'll open MasterBoy and figure out how it's done on there too, It's been a long time since I played GBC games.

I can't make MasterBoy save automatically, it only saves when I open the settings and hit save sram. The Automatic setting seems to be the same as the exit only option in GPSP. So idk at least it's something!
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “Emulators”