Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] Snes9xTYL Mod 171017

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
esmjanus

Re: [RELEASE] Snes9xTYL Mod 170521

Post by esmjanus »

I have compiled two test versions to find out what is wrong with psp fat.
Test 01: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bwcv9svbm ... Test01.rar
Test 02: http://www.mediafire.com/file/i1ajd31vf ... Test02.rar
Could someone with a psp FAT test and report the result please?
Advertising
reprep

Post by reprep »

Hi esmjanus,

After comparing the cores in Retroarch Vita, i found out PocketSNES (now known as Snes9x 2002) is the fastest core. Even though your version is very fast, it needs the extra fps in some special chip games. Do you think a port to PSP is possible? Both 3DS and Vita retroarch have this core.

EDIT: https://github.com/libretro/snes9x2002 based on Snes9x 1.39
Advertising
mark doh

Post by mark doh »

Feedback for test 01:

Will play games but kirbys avalanche is a lot slower like how the other snes emulators for psp used to play it

Feedback for test 02:

When i load the game it freezes psp console then switches it off

Tested on a psp 1000/1002 with firmware pro 6.60 c 2015
Nismo

Post by Nismo »

Same here.

Test 01: Games works but seems the games run a bit slower than Snes9xTYL Mod R26, to see if the games run slower I disable frameskip. Some games have screen glitches sometimes, like bad textures, if you go to emulator menu and then go back to game, the bad textures are gone, but will come back again after a time, it happens a lot on captain commando, you only need to play it a few seconds, this doesn't happen on R26. Also new sleep mode doesn't work. It doesn't have the in game screen freezes from R28.

Test 02: As soon as you try to load a game the psp freezes and shutdown, not showing the "blue boxes" with the loading info.

Thank you very much for your effords esmjanus.
Last edited by Nismo on Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nemo1984

Post by Nemo1984 »

On an unrelated note, I have the ME version and somehow, the option the change the CPU speed is greyed out.

I thought this was enabled? Was I wrong?

Thanks
esmjanus

Post by esmjanus »

reprep wrote:Hi esmjanus,

After comparing the cores in Retroarch Vita, i found out PocketSNES (now known as Snes9x 2002) is the fastest core. Even though your version is very fast, it needs the extra fps in some special chip games. Do you think a port to PSP is possible? Both 3DS and Vita retroarch have this core.
EDIT: https://github.com/libretro/snes9x2002 based on Snes9x 1.39
Yes I think it is possible, but I don't have enough experience, knowledge to do it yet :P.
Nemo1984 wrote:On an unrelated note, I have the ME version and somehow, the option the change the CPU speed is greyed out.
I thought this was enabled? Was I wrong?
Yes it is enabled, to verify if it is working, enable show FPS and change the CPU values, if the FPS increase or decrease according to changes on CPU then it is working fine.

@mark doh and @Nismo thanks for your reports, I was expecting that test01 works while Test02 doesn't, so I think I know where is the problem, I'll to compile another test to see if the problem is solved.
Nismo

Post by Nismo »

Thank you very much @esmjanus, it's nice to know you find the issue, it's good for people that use psp fat, and for future updates.

I have no problems with CPU speed on R26 or latest test 01, CFW ME 2.3.
Nemo1984

Post by Nemo1984 »

Ok I got it. The bug was a few inches from the psp :)
Butcher

Post by Butcher »

Nismo wrote:PSP 1004 it's psp street, not the same that psp fat, maybe that's because it's working for you and not for us (on psp fat).

I would like to play with latest version because it's compatible with more games and for the new sleep mode option, but if no fix I'll stay in R26 that's working good.

Anyway thank you very much for your effords.

Regards.

Lol MAN the PSP 100x (Fat) the PSP E100x is STREET - i WRITED FAT PSP 1004

PSP 100x-300x aka FAT-SLIM
PSP N100x aka Go
PSP E100x aka PSP STREET

U dont know basic stuff about model types.

Also for my from PSP beta scene downloaded latest that version on PSP 1004 work perfect. on 6.60 PRO-C 2015

But u cann always use 1 version older and Play - the best SNES games wortch to play work on SNES emu - only slow 3D versions some but no need to play it on PSP u can always play it on PC or smartphon etc
Nismo

Post by Nismo »

Yes it was my fault about the E I misunderstand you, sorry. I know what are the models of PSP, just a little mistake. I know I can play on PC, I was playing emulators on PC for more than 20 years ago, and I just build my own customized/modified emulationstation build for it with new features added. But I can't carry my pc in my pocket... XD. And I don't like to play with the touch screen of my smartphone, I prefer to use pad + buttons.

I only have two portable consoles, a nintendo DS and a PSP fat, so I like PSP because the emulation is more advanced, and a lot of emulators on DS doesn't fit the screen. I love emulation, I still have my first atari 2600 and my ZX spectrum and a lot of systems more...

As you said, I already use and older version of Snes9xTYL Mod R26 that's working for me. But I think it's good to tell developer his build doesn't work in some systems, because maybe he want to fix that, I'm not requesting anything from him, just giving info and asking if there was some fix (because it can be a plugin that conflicts or bad config). Fortunately @esmjanus has found what was the problem (so the problem exist), so maybe some people where the latest version doesn't work, like @Nemo 1984 and me, can play with updated versions of the emulator with more features. If no updates I'm still happy with the R26 version. So all it's ok.

I want to say thanks to @esmjanus, @robson.santana, and all developers that still update the scene of PSP, and to you @Butcher for the help.

Regards.

Return to “Emulators”