Page 5 of 9

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:05 am
by robson.santana
incpdo wrote:This is awesome im pretty excited to see if we can run some 32x games in this emulator . Thanks for all the dedication and time you put into this man.


It was the way I found to reciprocate the joys I had playing in emulators. In this nice universe I thought Virtua Racing was missing on the PSP.

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:41 pm
by Digitsie
Where do you get the latest committed version?

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:42 pm
by robson.santana
Digitsie wrote:Where do you get the latest committed version?


In the first post (source code)

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:55 am
by cualquiercosa327
robson.santana wrote:
Your help will be most welcome!

In the case of Virtua Racing, when we decrease the number of cycles, the game runs in slow motion, the time goes slower (one-minute laps for example). When we increase, the CPU of the PSP does not account for the amount of information to be processed and the game is emulated slowly (but the clock works normally). On my PSP, I only have problems on the first lap because of the number of vehicles, the other turns wheel at 60fps (or 15-20fps) The easiest solution to this problem is to reduce the instructions to be processed. After the various optimizations I've already done, it is getting more and more expensive to find reduction points. The same goes for the Sega CD. But it is possible to be done.

The debugging suggestions are interesting, PSPFiler uses and would be useful in Picodrive

The 32x recompiler already compiles. It is in the phase of correction of execution and logic errors, however I started to work and had to decrease the priority of this project. I'll commit the latest version in case anyone wants to try it.


Hi,excuse me the delay to answer.
Of course i wanna help : my psp and me are plenty available to make tests.

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:12 pm
by robson.santana
cualquiercosa327 wrote:
robson.santana wrote:
Your help will be most welcome!

In the case of Virtua Racing, when we decrease the number of cycles, the game runs in slow motion, the time goes slower (one-minute laps for example). When we increase, the CPU of the PSP does not account for the amount of information to be processed and the game is emulated slowly (but the clock works normally). On my PSP, I only have problems on the first lap because of the number of vehicles, the other turns wheel at 60fps (or 15-20fps) The easiest solution to this problem is to reduce the instructions to be processed. After the various optimizations I've already done, it is getting more and more expensive to find reduction points. The same goes for the Sega CD. But it is possible to be done.

The debugging suggestions are interesting, PSPFiler uses and would be useful in Picodrive

The 32x recompiler already compiles. It is in the phase of correction of execution and logic errors, however I started to work and had to decrease the priority of this project. I'll commit the latest version in case anyone wants to try it.


Hi,excuse me the delay to answer.
Of course i wanna help : my psp and me are plenty available to make tests.


Do you have MIPS assembly skills? The project is in need, at the moment I can only supervise :(

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:50 am
by cualquiercosa327
robson.santana wrote:
cualquiercosa327 wrote:
robson.santana wrote:

Hi,excuse me the delay to answer.
Of course i wanna help : my psp and me are plenty available to make tests.


Do you have MIPS assembly skills? The project is in need, at the moment I can only supervise :(


Hi,i know a little of asm but too little : only what i learn on a introductory manual .sorry

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:57 pm
by robson.santana
new version released

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 12:50 pm
by Nismo
Thankyou very much for the updates, great job.

As a suggestion, could be possible to add a option to swap X & O in emulator controls menu? Maybe it doesn't take to much time for you to implement....

robson.santana wrote:It was the way I found to reciprocate the joys I had playing in emulators. In this nice universe I thought Virtua Racing was missing on the PSP.


There's a pretty decent Virtua Racing version for normal (not 32X) megadrive/genesis and runs at decent speeds on your emulator, some slowdowns in my PSP 1000, but if you have a PSP with more memory maybe it runs perfect for you.

Regards.

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:43 pm
by Butcher
Some tip if any game can change controls in it - not have use MACROFIRE - u can in it mapp any PSP button to act like anotcher like example Dpad like Analog or Analog like Dpad or X like O or O like X etc many combination.

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:25 am
by robson.santana
Nismo wrote:Thankyou very much for the updates, great job.

As a suggestion, could be possible to add a option to swap X & O in emulator controls menu? Maybe it doesn't take to much time for you to implement....

robson.santana wrote:It was the way I found to reciprocate the joys I had playing in emulators. In this nice universe I thought Virtua Racing was missing on the PSP.


There's a pretty decent Virtua Racing version for normal (not 32X) megadrive/genesis and runs at decent speeds on your emulator, some slowdowns in my PSP 1000, but if you have a PSP with more memory maybe it runs perfect for you.

Regards.


I will add a option to swap X & O. The speed problem in VR isn't memory, it's PSP CPU for process SVP, MD CPU and sound at same time. But has possibilities for any optmization.