Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] PicoDrive 1.92 - with SVP dynarec

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
robson.santana

Re: [RELEASE] PicoDrive 1.92 - with SVP dynarec

Post by robson.santana »

Oldvic wrote: 1. If you choose any 'Sound Quality' below '44100', the sound will randomly distort quite a few times a minute. This is a problem because I often choose '22050hz' for Virtua Racing and Sega CD/Mega CD games to gain some extra FPS. But now it is impossible because of the distortion. By the way, this distortion only appears with NTSC games (all of them). PAL games work fine with any 'Sound Quality' setting. This problem only appeared in v1.92, v1.91 works fine.
Someone would have to test the mono sound in version 1.91 for a device other than the PSP?

If the yamaha chip is disabled the sound is correct for any frequency. This helps in correcting.
Advertising
Oldvic

Post by Oldvic »

robson.santana wrote:
Oldvic wrote: 1. If you choose any 'Sound Quality' below '44100', the sound will randomly distort quite a few times a minute. This is a problem because I often choose '22050hz' for Virtua Racing and Sega CD/Mega CD games to gain some extra FPS. But now it is impossible because of the distortion. By the way, this distortion only appears with NTSC games (all of them). PAL games work fine with any 'Sound Quality' setting. This problem only appeared in v1.92, v1.91 works fine.
Someone would have to test the mono sound in version 1.91 for a device other than the PSP?

If the yamaha chip is disabled the sound is correct for any frequency. This helps in correcting.
I have tested '22050hz' Mono sound in v1.91 on a GP2X and it works fine.
Advertising
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

I'm close to spotting the problem. My intuition said that a recent sample was merging with an old sample in memory, and it looks like it is. When I ran a game with 22khz frequency, I triggered the following error

Oldvic

Post by Oldvic »

robson.santana wrote:
I'm close to spotting the problem. My intuition said that a recent sample was merging with an old sample in memory, and it looks like it is. When I ran a game with 22khz frequency, I triggered the following error

Nice find Robson. I know Notaz made some sound changes in v1.92 to fix the broken sound in Cave Story in Arm, but I don't think there was ever a problem with Cave Story sound on the PSP.
hardtecnica

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP)

Post by hardtecnica »

robson.santana wrote:The source code: https://github.com/robson-alcantara/picodrive
After the SVP dynarec, i will fix the sega cd sound
Robson, vou testar sua versão do Picodrive, mas gostaria de lhe pedir algo, poderia por favor portar este emulador para o PS2 ou melhorar o que já temos nele? Atualmente o PS2 conta com a versão 1.51b portada do PSP, porém apesar de ter um ótimo desempenho alguns jogos são incompatíveis e o som embola frequentemente, resolvendo ao chamar o menu pelo select. Se puder se voltar também para a cena ps2 teremos um "mega" quase que perfeito, barato e com RGB nativo sem precisar de modificações.

I'll test your PSP version. But I ask you one thing, could you please port that version to PS2 or improve the one existent? PS2 have the 1.51b available, besides its a good emulator ported from the PSP version it still have some problems with compatibility and sound sometimes go crazy, which is solved by calling the menu with select. If you could please take a look and improve the PS2 scene with a better picodrive version we could have an cheap genesis with RGB natively.

Regards.
robson.santana

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP)

Post by robson.santana »

hardtecnica wrote:
robson.santana wrote:The source code: https://github.com/robson-alcantara/picodrive
After the SVP dynarec, i will fix the sega cd sound
Robson, vou testar sua versão do Picodrive, mas gostaria de lhe pedir algo, poderia por favor portar este emulador para o PS2 ou melhorar o que já temos nele? Atualmente o PS2 conta com a versão 1.51b portada do PSP, porém apesar de ter um ótimo desempenho alguns jogos são incompatíveis e o som embola frequentemente, resolvendo ao chamar o menu pelo select. Se puder se voltar também para a cena ps2 teremos um "mega" quase que perfeito, barato e com RGB nativo sem precisar de modificações.

I'll test your PSP version. But I ask you one thing, could you please port that version to PS2 or improve the one existent? PS2 have the 1.51b available, besides its a good emulator ported from the PSP version it still have some problems with compatibility and sound sometimes go crazy, which is solved by calling the menu with select. If you could please take a look and improve the PS2 scene with a better picodrive version we could have an cheap genesis with RGB natively.

Regards.
Oi, o favor de portar para o PS2 não será possível, mas um dos desenvolvedores do port atual entrou em contato comigo e eu dei algumas dicas (https://github.com/fjtrujy/picodrive/), talvez ele se interesse na missão. Também, não tenho um ps2. O problema do som embolar, estou tendo na versão 1.92 (e na versão 1.91 com menor frequência), que também se "resolve" apertando select. Torço para que apareça um port e você possa desfrutar no mais abrangente dos video-games.

Hi, the favor of porting to PS2 will not be possible, but one of the developers of the current port contacted me and I gave some tips (https://github.com/fjtrujy/picodrive/), maybe he is interested in the mission . Also, I do not have a ps2. The problem of sound, I'm having version 1.92 (and version 1.91 less frequently), which also "resolves" by pressing select. I pray for a port to appear and you can enjoy it in the most comprehensive of video games
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

Oldvic wrote:
robson.santana wrote:

Nice find Robson. I know Notaz made some sound changes in v1.92 to fix the broken sound in Cave Story in Arm, but I don't think there was ever a problem with Cave Story sound on the PSP.
fixed
Oldvic

Post by Oldvic »

Excellent work Robson. Thank you for your continued dedication.
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

Oldvic wrote:Excellent work Robson. Thank you for your continued dedication.
You're welcome. And thanks for the tests and remarks
bloodfalco

Post by bloodfalco »

Brother Robson, other problems already solved. Just need to solve the sleep problem and this picodrive 1.92 is the best ever.

Return to “Emulators”