Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] PicoDrive 1.92 - with SVP dynarec

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
robson.santana

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

Post by robson.santana »

new version released
Advertising
Quickgold

Post by Quickgold »

Awesome! this version getting better and better, by the moment I don't have any issues with Sega CD games, mostly of them run faster in this version (I'm still testing), by the moment the only complain is that in 1.51b the roms browser's scan faster the full Sega Genesis/MD romset that 1.91 version (more than a minute to scan and show the full romset, maybe because is looking for Master System and 32X games), the new icon image is great....keep the nice job!
Advertising
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

Quickgold wrote:Awesome! this version getting better and better, by the moment I don't have any issues with Sega CD games, mostly of them run faster in this version (I'm still testing), by the moment the only complain is that in 1.51b the roms browser's scan faster the full Sega Genesis/MD romset that 1.91 version (more than a minute to scan and show the full romset, maybe because is looking for Master System and 32X games), the new icon image is great....keep the nice job!
True, the problem of the list of roms I had already planned to solve before the next version (https://github.com/robson-alcantara/picodrive/issues/7). For now I recommend you separate the romset by folders with the letters of the games. For me Sonic CD still does not have the same performance as version 1.51b. Thanks for the support.
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

Do you guys want me to improve the 32x emulation speed?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

robson.santana wrote:Do you guys want me to improve the 32x emulation speed?
If possible yes that would be nifty.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

I have some free time before I start work. Most likely the time I have will be less than necessary to finalize. Let's see what we can do.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

gud lak!
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
cualquiercosa327

Post by cualquiercosa327 »

robson.santana wrote:I have some free time before I start work. Most likely the time I have will be less than necessary to finalize. Let's see what we can do.
A lot of thanks!

I would like help with some testing i have doing.
First said than virtua racing eur works perfect .For it i load the rom,go to "advance options" and disable "Emulate SN76496 (PSG) because it seems this game doesnt use for sound : it use the z80 and the YM2612 (FM).In case you wanna more speed disable them also but i think there are no need for it.

On the SVP cycles the default is 2300 (the frecuency of the chip) ,but you advice than lower values speed up emulation.In this case it is no true ,i explain : if you look the frame rate it give you highter numbers BUT the game work slow,with slowdowns,... i found it is better add more frecuency and ,the numbers you see on the framerate are low,the game is plenty playable with fullspeed (I know i am overclocking the chip,but in this case it make the game plenty playable).
I also wanna tried to use less than the 333 Mhz of the MIPS but i need more test .Could you make some way to see a kind of "debug" mode for seing how bussy is the ram and cpu for make better testing?(the emulated and the psp,i think it could be very usefull for making more playable 32x titles-demos.)

i test some 32x demos : most of them doesnt work but it seem
32xcube , luSID Dreams,nsf32 and Tremor test works (slow but works)
i found the demos here:
http://jiggawatt.org/badc0de/console.htm

Also the port of sonic1 genesis to 32x does (i was able to make it "faster" underclocking to 1 the slave cpu.this game seem dont use it)

And the latest (one of the most interesting demo for future homebrew) Supervdp crash the emulator (it lets me press the menu for exit game but it crash the PSP,needing a hardreset)
http://gendev.spritesmind.net/forum/vie ... p?f=4&t=95

I have tried also Pier Solar ( a good backup of the game) and it began but it after the menu preparing 64Mb ."thank you.Press START to initialize saves.).."something wrong happened" but i have no more info for give.

thanks for your great work!
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

cualquiercosa327 wrote:
robson.santana wrote:I have some free time before I start work. Most likely the time I have will be less than necessary to finalize. Let's see what we can do.
A lot of thanks!

I would like help with some testing i have doing.
First said than virtua racing eur works perfect .For it i load the rom,go to "advance options" and disable "Emulate SN76496 (PSG) because it seems this game doesnt use for sound : it use the z80 and the YM2612 (FM).In case you wanna more speed disable them also but i think there are no need for it.

On the SVP cycles the default is 2300 (the frecuency of the chip) ,but you advice than lower values speed up emulation.In this case it is no true ,i explain : if you look the frame rate it give you highter numbers BUT the game work slow,with slowdowns,... i found it is better add more frecuency and ,the numbers you see on the framerate are low,the game is plenty playable with fullspeed (I know i am overclocking the chip,but in this case it make the game plenty playable).
I also wanna tried to use less than the 333 Mhz of the MIPS but i need more test .Could you make some way to see a kind of "debug" mode for seing how bussy is the ram and cpu for make better testing?(the emulated and the psp,i think it could be very usefull for making more playable 32x titles-demos.)

i test some 32x demos : most of them doesnt work but it seem
32xcube , luSID Dreams,nsf32 and Tremor test works (slow but works)
i found the demos here:
http://jiggawatt.org/badc0de/console.htm

Also the port of sonic1 genesis to 32x does (i was able to make it "faster" underclocking to 1 the slave cpu.this game seem dont use it)

And the latest (one of the most interesting demo for future homebrew) Supervdp crash the emulator (it lets me press the menu for exit game but it crash the PSP,needing a hardreset)
http://gendev.spritesmind.net/forum/vie ... p?f=4&t=95

I have tried also Pier Solar ( a good backup of the game) and it began but it after the menu preparing 64Mb ."thank you.Press START to initialize saves.).."something wrong happened" but i have no more info for give.

thanks for your great work!
Your help will be most welcome!

In the case of Virtua Racing, when we decrease the number of cycles, the game runs in slow motion, the time goes slower (one-minute laps for example). When we increase, the CPU of the PSP does not account for the amount of information to be processed and the game is emulated slowly (but the clock works normally). On my PSP, I only have problems on the first lap because of the number of vehicles, the other turns wheel at 60fps (or 15-20fps) The easiest solution to this problem is to reduce the instructions to be processed. After the various optimizations I've already done, it is getting more and more expensive to find reduction points. The same goes for the Sega CD. But it is possible to be done.

The debugging suggestions are interesting, PSPFiler uses and would be useful in Picodrive

The 32x recompiler already compiles. It is in the phase of correction of execution and logic errors, however I started to work and had to decrease the priority of this project. I'll commit the latest version in case anyone wants to try it.
incpdo

Post by incpdo »

This is awesome im pretty excited to see if we can run some 32x games in this emulator . Thanks for all the dedication and time you put into this man.

Return to “Emulators”