Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[RELEASE] PicoDrive 1.92 - with SVP dynarec

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
robson.santana

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP)

Post by robson.santana »

panther123 wrote:just thought to let you know that Lunar 2:Eternal Blue is not working either,but it was working fine in picodrive 1.51 :|
I just a black screen,but no psp freeze when loading it up...
Hi, can you put this fail in this page, please? https://github.com/robson-alcantara/picodrive/issues . Thanks for contribute
Advertising
Quickgold

Re: PicoDrive 1.91 (PSP) - with SVP dynarec

Post by Quickgold »

Awesome nice version, but 32X emulation is too slow, well you can't ask too much to the nice old PSP, keep the nice job!
Advertising
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

Quickgold wrote:Awesome nice version, but 32X emulation is too slow, well you can't ask too much to the nice old PSP, keep the nice job!
No, the PSP can emulate 32x in a decent way, if use a dynarec.
Digitsie

Post by Digitsie »

After thinking about it, maybe I should ask - what settings are you using to get 32X roms working, and which ones work with what settings?
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

Digitsie wrote:After thinking about it, maybe I should ask - what settings are you using to get 32X roms working, and which ones work with what settings?
For me, any 32x rom run very slow, set frameskip to 0, try all 32x renderers, no bios is need. Reducing SH2 cycles you gain any speed, however, will be playable only if a dynarec is implemented
Quickgold

Post by Quickgold »

robson.santana wrote:
Digitsie wrote:After thinking about it, maybe I should ask - what settings are you using to get 32X roms working, and which ones work with what settings?
For me, any 32x rom run very slow, set frameskip to 0, try all 32x renderers, no bios is need. Reducing SH2 cycles you gain any speed, however, will be playable only if a dynarec is implemented
Do you have any future plan for implement dynarec with 32X? (Retroarch does with picodrive in their port for android).
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

Quickgold wrote:
robson.santana wrote:
Do you have any future plan for implement dynarec with 32X? (Retroarch does with picodrive in their port for android).
I have not decided yet, but if I try, it will be slow. Picodrive has this dynarec for arm since old versions
bosshunter

Post by bosshunter »

The collision detection doesn't work on Star Wars for the Master System.

This is a common flaw present in every single Master System emulator (MasterBoy, SMS Plus, e[mulator], MMS Plus, PSP Master) for PSP for this game.

Can it be fixed?
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

bosshunter wrote:The collision detection doesn't work on Star Wars for the Master System.

This is a common flaw present in every single Master System emulator (MasterBoy, SMS Plus, e[mulator], MMS Plus, PSP Master) for PSP for this game.

Can it be fixed?
Yes, it can be fixed. This error is in the z80 core I think. Difficult to locate. My work in this emulator was to port version 1.91 to the PSP and implement the SVP dynarec. For now I'm taking a break to go on with life. If I go back to work on this project, it will be in the SH2 recompiler. But the code is open and anyone can contribute. Best regards.
robson.santana

Post by robson.santana »

What are the mega drive and sega cd games that are only compatible with this version?

Return to “Emulators”