Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
#417088 by robson.santana
Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:05 am
incpdo wrote:This is awesome im pretty excited to see if we can run some 32x games in this emulator . Thanks for all the dedication and time you put into this man.


It was the way I found to reciprocate the joys I had playing in emulators. In this nice universe I thought Virtua Racing was missing on the PSP.
Advertising
#417317 by cualquiercosa327
Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:55 am
robson.santana wrote:
Your help will be most welcome!

In the case of Virtua Racing, when we decrease the number of cycles, the game runs in slow motion, the time goes slower (one-minute laps for example). When we increase, the CPU of the PSP does not account for the amount of information to be processed and the game is emulated slowly (but the clock works normally). On my PSP, I only have problems on the first lap because of the number of vehicles, the other turns wheel at 60fps (or 15-20fps) The easiest solution to this problem is to reduce the instructions to be processed. After the various optimizations I've already done, it is getting more and more expensive to find reduction points. The same goes for the Sega CD. But it is possible to be done.

The debugging suggestions are interesting, PSPFiler uses and would be useful in Picodrive

The 32x recompiler already compiles. It is in the phase of correction of execution and logic errors, however I started to work and had to decrease the priority of this project. I'll commit the latest version in case anyone wants to try it.


Hi,excuse me the delay to answer.
Of course i wanna help : my psp and me are plenty available to make tests.
#417326 by robson.santana
Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:12 pm
cualquiercosa327 wrote:
robson.santana wrote:
Your help will be most welcome!

In the case of Virtua Racing, when we decrease the number of cycles, the game runs in slow motion, the time goes slower (one-minute laps for example). When we increase, the CPU of the PSP does not account for the amount of information to be processed and the game is emulated slowly (but the clock works normally). On my PSP, I only have problems on the first lap because of the number of vehicles, the other turns wheel at 60fps (or 15-20fps) The easiest solution to this problem is to reduce the instructions to be processed. After the various optimizations I've already done, it is getting more and more expensive to find reduction points. The same goes for the Sega CD. But it is possible to be done.

The debugging suggestions are interesting, PSPFiler uses and would be useful in Picodrive

The 32x recompiler already compiles. It is in the phase of correction of execution and logic errors, however I started to work and had to decrease the priority of this project. I'll commit the latest version in case anyone wants to try it.


Hi,excuse me the delay to answer.
Of course i wanna help : my psp and me are plenty available to make tests.


Do you have MIPS assembly skills? The project is in need, at the moment I can only supervise :(
#417355 by cualquiercosa327
Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:50 am
robson.santana wrote:
cualquiercosa327 wrote:
robson.santana wrote:

Hi,excuse me the delay to answer.
Of course i wanna help : my psp and me are plenty available to make tests.


Do you have MIPS assembly skills? The project is in need, at the moment I can only supervise :(


Hi,i know a little of asm but too little : only what i learn on a introductory manual .sorry
#418478 by Nismo
Fri May 26, 2017 12:50 pm
Thankyou very much for the updates, great job.

As a suggestion, could be possible to add a option to swap X & O in emulator controls menu? Maybe it doesn't take to much time for you to implement....

robson.santana wrote:It was the way I found to reciprocate the joys I had playing in emulators. In this nice universe I thought Virtua Racing was missing on the PSP.


There's a pretty decent Virtua Racing version for normal (not 32X) megadrive/genesis and runs at decent speeds on your emulator, some slowdowns in my PSP 1000, but if you have a PSP with more memory maybe it runs perfect for you.

Regards.
#418495 by Butcher
Fri May 26, 2017 9:43 pm
Some tip if any game can change controls in it - not have use MACROFIRE - u can in it mapp any PSP button to act like anotcher like example Dpad like Analog or Analog like Dpad or X like O or O like X etc many combination.
#418496 by robson.santana
Sat May 27, 2017 2:25 am
Nismo wrote:Thankyou very much for the updates, great job.

As a suggestion, could be possible to add a option to swap X & O in emulator controls menu? Maybe it doesn't take to much time for you to implement....

robson.santana wrote:It was the way I found to reciprocate the joys I had playing in emulators. In this nice universe I thought Virtua Racing was missing on the PSP.


There's a pretty decent Virtua Racing version for normal (not 32X) megadrive/genesis and runs at decent speeds on your emulator, some slowdowns in my PSP 1000, but if you have a PSP with more memory maybe it runs perfect for you.

Regards.


I will add a option to swap X & O. The speed problem in VR isn't memory, it's PSP CPU for process SVP, MD CPU and sound at same time. But has possibilities for any optmization.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: robson.santana and 2 guests