Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

MasterBoy Save/Load Issues (Pokemon)

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
philipjayfry

MasterBoy Save/Load Issues (Pokemon)

Post by philipjayfry »

Hi there! I've got a 3.60 ps vita with VHBL and various emulator working fine. I've decided starting a pokemon gold playthrought But I am having save/load issues. I play fine till I have to save the game (with the ingame function) and shut down the emulator, actually I fine also here. Trubles begin when I have to resume the game: there is no "continue" option on the main pokemon gold menu the next time i load the rom. A solution to this problem is using the emulator save/load state.. but i dislike this as it mess up with the ingame clock and day/nite cycle.

Can you wise people bing me the light? :!: :?: :idea:
thanks a lot
Advertising
AnotherLife

Re: MasterBoy Save/Load Issues (Pokemon)

Post by AnotherLife »

There are two other Gameboy emulators but I don't know if you can run them in VHL

They are Homer's Rin 1.32 RM and the Gambatte core of Retroarch
Advertising
dmaskell92

Re: MasterBoy Save/Load Issues (Pokemon)

Post by dmaskell92 »

I use GPSP, there is a setting that saves the game automatically, or when the emulator is shut down. MasterBoy probably has something similar. If it's set to when the emulator is shut down, then incorrectly exiting the emulator will not save. This includes hitting the home button and closing the window, using the home button on the ePSP etc. You need to find a exit option in the emulator.

I say use GPSP
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD

Return to “Emulators”