Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
rsn8887
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:49 pm

Re: UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Post by rsn8887 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:36 pm

BTW I played some more games recently, and I found that some games run faster/smoother on TempGBAMod, but some games run faster/smoother on this UO GPSP Kai, so it is good to have both emulators on your PSP, just in case.
Advertising

User avatar
Oldvic
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:20 am

Re: UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Post by Oldvic » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:18 am

I've been playing around with this, if someone wants to try these builds out. Ideally start afresh, and just copy over your sram, savestates, screenshots, cheats and 'gba_bios.bin' from your previous Kai build. If you do want to keep your existing Kai folder, then other than overwriting the 'Eboot.PBP', also delete the 'gpsp.cfg' from the emu root folder and overwrite the 'prx' files in it.

UO gpSP Kai v3.4 Test4 Build 230:
- Fixed regression: Analog Nub mapping works separately from Dpad again.
- Fixed regression: Now by default, GBA button 'B' is mapped to 'Cross' and GBA button 'A' is
mapped to 'Circle' to match a real GBA. The 225 build had these buttons reversed by default.
- 'Update backup' is now defaulted to 'Automatic' rather than 'Exit only'. It can still be
configured on a per game basis.

Slim build (20xx/30xx/Go(N10xx)/Street(E100x)):
gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 230 (Slim)

Fat Build (10xx):
gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 230 (Fat)

Update:
Use this new '230' build, not the '228' build I originally uploaded (there was a bug in keymapping). Also, if you used the 'cfg' folder from the '228' archive, replace it with the one in this '230' archive or the '225' archive (they're both the same).
Also, in addition to the 'Slim' build, the 'Fat' build is now tested as well and reported to be working fine.
Advertising
Last edited by Oldvic on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 am, edited 4 times in total.

bloodfalco
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Post by bloodfalco » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:51 pm

Bro Oldvic

This is really great, but there's a few minor problems
1. Sigma Star Saga still unable to show health bar
2. Golden Sun series, still unplayable.

If can, could you mod the TempGBA version as well? That one had more compatibility than gPSP

User avatar
dmaskell92
Moderator
Posts: 1172
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:07 pm
Location: New York

Re: UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Post by dmaskell92 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:37 am

Was anything done to improve performance on 288 slim? I'm running it on Adrenaline and I have noticed that the screen tearing from the Mother 3 intro, and gameplay, is totally gone. I haven't tested any Pokemon roms, but this is really great.

Until retroarch can handle GBA games I'm using your 288 slim version to play the Mother series.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Image

Mark-Mills
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:33 am
Location: USA Nevada Carson City
Contact:

Re: UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Post by Mark-Mills » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:44 am

I think I already need to try it. My friends know what does it mean and I just begin to understand it. I did my homework all that time.

User avatar
Oldvic
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:20 am

Re: UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Post by Oldvic » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:25 pm

I updated this to '230' (link in my post above) as there was a keymapping bug in the '228' build. If you used the 'cfg' folder from the '228' archive, replace it with the one in the '230' archive or the '225' archive (they're both the same).
bloodfalco wrote:Bro Oldvic

This is really great, but there's a few minor problems
1. Sigma Star Saga still unable to show health bar
2. Golden Sun series, still unplayable.

If can, could you mod the TempGBA version as well? That one had more compatibility than gPSP
You're probably better off trying 'GPSP-J' or 'TempGBA-Mod' for games that have compatibility issues, as the core files of Kai are quite old. Kai is still faster on certain games though, that's why I like to keep it on my memory card along with 'GPSP-J' and 'TempGBA-Mod'. I just wanted to fix some bits in EricPshat's '225' build.
With regards to TempGBA, those changes I made are already present in it. Only 'Update backup' works slightly differently in that it is always read from the main config rather than on a per game basis.
dmaskell92 wrote:Was anything done to improve performance on 288 slim? I'm running it on Adrenaline and I have noticed that the screen tearing from the Mother 3 intro, and gameplay, is totally gone. I haven't tested any Pokemon roms, but this is really great.

Until retroarch can handle GBA games I'm using your 288 slim version to play the Mother series.
The 'Slim' build makes use of the additional ram available on the slim units.

tudisawap
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 5:12 am

Re: UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Post by tudisawap » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:11 am

Oldvic wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:25 pm
I updated this to '230' (link in my post above) as there was a keymapping bug in the '228' build. If you used the 'cfg' folder from the '228' archive, replace it with the one in the '230' archive or the '225' archive (they're both the same).
bloodfalco wrote:Bro Oldvic

This is really great, but there's a few minor problems
1. Sigma Star Saga still unable to show health bar
2. Golden Sun series, still unplayable.

If can, could you mod the TempGBA version as well? That one had more compatibility than gPSP
You're probably better off trying 'GPSP-J' or 'TempGBA-Mod' for games that have compatibility issues, as the core files of Kai are quite old. Kai is still faster on certain games though, that's why I like to keep it on my memory card along with 'GPSP-J' and 'TempGBA-Mod'. I just wanted to fix some bits in EricPshat's '225' build.
With regards to TempGBA, those changes I made are already present in it. Only 'Update backup' works slightly differently in that it is always read from the main config rather than on a per game basis.
dmaskell92 wrote:Was anything done to improve performance on 288 slim? I'm running it on Adrenaline and I have noticed that the screen tearing from the Mother 3 intro, and gameplay, is totally gone. I haven't tested any Pokemon roms, but this is really great.

Until retroarch can handle GBA games I'm using your 288 slim version to play the Mother series.
The 'Slim' build makes use of the additional ram available on the slim units.
Bro, are you capable of adding Full Screen feature to the TempGBA mod?

Nemo1984
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Post by Nemo1984 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:05 am

Hi!

I have trouble playing Mario Party with this version. Anyone else has trouble with it?

Thanks!

Suedehead
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Post by Suedehead » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:36 pm

does this emulator support the link connection?

simonizer
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 6:06 am

Re: UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Post by simonizer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:42 am

Suedehead wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:36 pm
does this emulator support the link connection?
It doesn't.

Post Reply

Return to “Emulators”