Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
rsn8887

Re: UO gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 225

Post by rsn8887 »

BTW I played some more games recently, and I found that some games run faster/smoother on TempGBAMod, but some games run faster/smoother on this UO GPSP Kai, so it is good to have both emulators on your PSP, just in case.
Advertising
Oldvic

Post by Oldvic »

I've been playing around with this, if someone wants to try these builds out. Ideally start afresh, and just copy over your sram, savestates, screenshots, cheats and 'gba_bios.bin' from your previous Kai build. If you do want to keep your existing Kai folder, then other than overwriting the 'Eboot.PBP', also delete the 'gpsp.cfg' from the emu root folder and overwrite the 'prx' files in it.

UO gpSP Kai v3.4 Test4 Build 230:
- Fixed regression: Analog Nub mapping works separately from Dpad again.
- Fixed regression: Now by default, GBA button 'B' is mapped to 'Cross' and GBA button 'A' is
mapped to 'Circle' to match a real GBA. The 225 build had these buttons reversed by default.
- 'Update backup' is now defaulted to 'Automatic' rather than 'Exit only'. It can still be
configured on a per game basis.

Slim build (20xx/30xx/Go(N10xx)/Street(E100x)):
gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 230 (Slim)

Fat Build (10xx):
gpSP Kai v3.4 test 4 build 230 (Fat)

Update:
Use this new '230' build, not the '228' build I originally uploaded (there was a bug in keymapping). Also, if you used the 'cfg' folder from the '228' archive, replace it with the one in this '230' archive or the '225' archive (they're both the same).
Also, in addition to the 'Slim' build, the 'Fat' build is now tested as well and reported to be working fine.
Advertising
Last edited by Oldvic on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
bloodfalco

Post by bloodfalco »

Bro Oldvic

This is really great, but there's a few minor problems
1. Sigma Star Saga still unable to show health bar
2. Golden Sun series, still unplayable.

If can, could you mod the TempGBA version as well? That one had more compatibility than gPSP
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

Was anything done to improve performance on 288 slim? I'm running it on Adrenaline and I have noticed that the screen tearing from the Mother 3 intro, and gameplay, is totally gone. I haven't tested any Pokemon roms, but this is really great.

Until retroarch can handle GBA games I'm using your 288 slim version to play the Mother series.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
Mark-Mills

Post by Mark-Mills »

I think I already need to try it. My friends know what does it mean and I just begin to understand it. I did my homework all that time.
Oldvic

Post by Oldvic »

I updated this to '230' (link in my post above) as there was a keymapping bug in the '228' build. If you used the 'cfg' folder from the '228' archive, replace it with the one in the '230' archive or the '225' archive (they're both the same).
bloodfalco wrote:Bro Oldvic

If can, could you mod the TempGBA version as well? That one had more compatibility than gPSP
You're probably better off trying 'GPSP-J' or 'TempGBA-Mod' for games that have compatibility issues, as the core files of Kai are quite old. Kai is still faster on certain games though, that's why I like to keep it on my memory card along with 'GPSP-J' and 'TempGBA-Mod'. I just wanted to fix some bits in EricPshat's '225' build.
With regards to TempGBA, those changes I made are already present in it. Only 'Update backup' works slightly differently in that it is always read from the main config rather than on a per game basis.
dmaskell92 wrote:Was anything done to improve performance on 288 slim? I'm running it on Adrenaline and I have noticed that the screen tearing from the Mother 3 intro, and gameplay, is totally gone. I haven't tested any Pokemon roms, but this is really great.

Until retroarch can handle GBA games I'm using your 288 slim version to play the Mother series.
The 'Slim' build makes use of the additional ram available on the slim units.
tudisawap

Post by tudisawap »

Oldvic wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:25 pm I updated this to '230' (link in my post above) as there was a keymapping bug in the '228' build. If you used the 'cfg' folder from the '228' archive, replace it with the one in the '230' archive or the '225' archive (they're both the same).
bloodfalco wrote:Bro Oldvic

You're probably better off trying 'GPSP-J' or 'TempGBA-Mod' for games that have compatibility issues, as the core files of Kai are quite old. Kai is still faster on certain games though, that's why I like to keep it on my memory card along with 'GPSP-J' and 'TempGBA-Mod'. I just wanted to fix some bits in EricPshat's '225' build.
With regards to TempGBA, those changes I made are already present in it. Only 'Update backup' works slightly differently in that it is always read from the main config rather than on a per game basis.
dmaskell92 wrote:Was anything done to improve performance on 288 slim? I'm running it on Adrenaline and I have noticed that the screen tearing from the Mother 3 intro, and gameplay, is totally gone. I haven't tested any Pokemon roms, but this is really great.

The 'Slim' build makes use of the additional ram available on the slim units.
Bro, are you capable of adding Full Screen feature to the TempGBA mod?
Nemo1984

Post by Nemo1984 »

Hi!

I have trouble playing Mario Party with this version. Anyone else has trouble with it?

Thanks!
Suedehead

Post by Suedehead »

does this emulator support the link connection?
simonizer

Post by simonizer »

Suedehead wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:36 pm does this emulator support the link connection?
It doesn't.

Return to “Emulators”