Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[SNES9xTYLmecm 0.4.2 Mod R19] Terranigma (E) massive lag.

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
xRyudo

[SNES9xTYLmecm 0.4.2 Mod R19] Terranigma (E) massive lag.

Post by xRyudo »

Hi guys.

I've been looking into this issue for days now and have had no luck in fixing this. I tried other ROMs, various settings, but the lag still remains.

It only happens when you're talking to people in towns apparently. When I go into the Box, the talking dialogs don't slow down the game.

Someone mentioned he got it to work using a special config file specifically for this game, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere. (Another person suggested using an updated snesadvance.dat or whatever, but 1. I dunno where that's stored, and 2. another person said it doesn't work.)

Does anyone know what could be causing it, or possibly how to fix it?
Advertising
Last edited by xRyudo on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xRyudo

Re: [SNES9xTYLmecm 0.4.2 Mod R19] Terranigma (E) massive lag

Post by xRyudo »

Managed to fiddle around a bit further and got a workaround for it. So for anyone having issues with this, here's what I did.

In the Hacks/Debug Menu, set "IGNORE PALETTE WRITE" to ON.

It doesn't change a thing Graphic wise so far in the game, but the Chat windows look plain color now, instead of the weird shaded original. (This is probably what caused the lag in the first place).

Now the game is running at a constant 50 FPS (PAL), with no slowdowns during the dialogs.

Only thing that's still slow is the overworld map, but that's not surprising with how complex it is. (particularly the Underworld map).
Advertising
Casavult

Re: [SNES9xTYLmecm 0.4.2 Mod R19] Terranigma (E) massive lag

Post by Casavult »

Terranigma runs fine for me using the PAL to NTSC patch (60fps instead of 50fps). I did do some tweaking to suit my taste so I don't know if there is any issues when the emulator hasn't been played around with.
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •

Return to “Emulators”