Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

NesterJ AoEX R3

Running old school games on your PSP? It's definitely possible
ShimaFlareX

NesterJ AoEX R3

Post by ShimaFlareX »

NesterJ AoEX R3
ShimaFlareX

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?635b131jbzt2wd3

Based on NesterJ 1.12 Plus 0.61 RM, so it includes features like rewind mode, cheat codes support, rotated/mirrored screen, sepia palette, support to rare mappers (the homebrew FF7 "demake" works on it), etc. See NesterJ 1.12 Plus 0.61 RM changelog(included in old_readme folder) for more info.

Changelog:
[spoiler]R3:
+Fixed some crashes (i.e. Mario Bros Classic (E) is fixed now, possibly other games too)
+Fixed minor cosmetic issues on rewind submenu

R2:
+Changed the menu CPU clock to 200Mhz
+Fixed: CPU Modes 211Mhz and 200Mhz settings weren't being properly loaded from config file.
+Removed Wifi option from menu (it doesn't work).
+Added slim extra RAM support. At the default save rate, you can rewind more than one and a half minute if you are using a custom firmware and a PSP that supports it.
+You can now see the number of maximum rewind states on the REWIND CONFIG menu.
+Minor code optimization.

R1:
+Improved vsync speed a LOT.
And I really mean it. There’s no noticeable speed difference when vsync is enabled now, while the original code took a 50% speed hit…
As result, VSync is now enabled by default.

+Added new VSYNC option (SOMETIMES). This only synchronizes when there’s no frame drops occurring. I did this when I was still using the original Vsync code. As there’s no noticeable speed hit with vsync always on, this isn’t the default option.

+Added a new option Battery Power Save. Default is ON.
The original NesterJ code used a loop to determine when the next cycle should be emulated (Busy waiting).
Enabling this options attempts to sleep the thread when it's still too early to execute the next cycle.
There shouldn’t be any speed decrease with this, so you should always keep it enabled (unless you want to compare the CPU Usage using PSP-HUD or any similar plugin).
I don’t know if ruka did the same thing I did on his latest version, as he didn’t distribute the source.

Some test results:
ROM:Pogo Cats (Public Domain)
Screen Mode GPU 4:3, test taken on “PUSH START” screen. The FPS was always at NTSC maximum (60FPS).

CPU @ 222Mhz:
Battery Power Save Off: CPU Usage 80%
Battery Power Save On: CPU Usage 74%

At higher clock frequencies, the CPU Usage saving is more noticeable:
CPU @ 333Mhz:
Battery Power Save Off: CPU Usage 87%
Battery Power Save On: CPU Usage 52%

+Changed some default settings: Show FPS is now on, and the default screen mode is "GPU 4:3".

+Added new CPU Speed modes: 211Mhz and 200Mhz

-Removed Chinese language code: Whoever coded this duplicated the entire menu code changing all strings to Chinese. This results in a harder to maintain menu code (you need to change everything twice…). Also, bloated code is bloated.[/spoiler]

Edit: nameless27 has added some new features, you may want to check his version: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=38758
Advertising
Last edited by ShimaFlareX on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:44 am, edited 11 times in total.
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: NesterJ AoEX R1

Post by fate6 »

hold on one sec..... before this convo go's anywhere
ShimaFlareX wrote:(FF7 works on it)
WAT ?
Advertising
Last edited by fate6 on Mon May 14, 2012 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
ShimaFlareX

Post by ShimaFlareX »

There's a rather bad pirate FF7 "demake" released for NES.
Some guy is attempting to improve it, here's a link to the thread if you are interested:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12466.0

I've edited my post to clarify that lol.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

ShimaFlareX wrote:There's a rather bad pirate FF7 "demake" released for NES.
Some guy is attempting to improve it, here's a link to the thread if you are interested:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12466.0

I've edited my post to clarify that lol.

thanks (I was SOOO confused there)

well ill get my PSP and my Vita and ill post my results ^___^

EDIT: well CMA decided to not find my Vita so ill need to deal with that first
ill test out the emu later (sorry)

EDIT 2: first off this works perfectly on SC3 VHBL (only tried super mario bro's)
so yea good stuff :)
(needless to say work flawless on my PSP)
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
rainof89

Post by rainof89 »

wow very nice update :D

Edit: The emulator runs smb hacks that nesterJ have problems with and i dont need to clock it to 333mhz for smooth gameplay. I just love the rewind mod. Thanks for updating it
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

ok so I wanted to play some Super Mario Bro's with my bro but the ad-hoc option is grayed out :|

am I missing something or does it just not work ?
ShimaFlareX

Post by ShimaFlareX »

It doesn't work.
The best version that has enabled Adhoc support is 1.20 beta 2, by ruka, released back on 2006...
The multiplayer support is very unstable though, and he violated the license by not releasing the source.
I won't be working on multiplayer support, as I won't code it from scratch (I don't really have time/other PSP to test it).
Anyone is welcome to try to implement it though, as I included the source.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

I see...
(you should have removed the option as to not confuse idiots like myself)
well still very nice and has been working great

I never really used nesterj/p so I cant compare it to anything, since I grew up with SNES
(MMX+SMW+DKC= FTW!!!)
(it also equals the first 10yrs of my life :lol: )
(the cartridges still work BTW 8-) )
ShimaFlareX

Post by ShimaFlareX »

fate6 wrote:(you should have removed the option as to not confuse idiots like myself)
Done =]
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: NesterJ AoEX R2

Post by fate6 »

and many happy faces were had that day :)

EDIT: scratch that the link just sends me to a blank page :( (tried on firefox and IE)

EDIT2: had to use a proxy :?
(blocked in US?)

but yea I can up it to my mediafire if you want

Return to “Emulators”